Spyder Garage

Default Best Manual Table of Contents

Good Morning everyone, Hope everyone is riding out there.

As my old Boss used to say "Cut To The Chase Boy".

I have the Best manual for my Spyder and I have never found the Table of contents, I may be blind but can anyoine halp me find it so I don';t have to slowly discover and print all section headliners?
    Thanks, Mike
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 11-07-2019 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Best not Besy?!
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

I am not familiar with the term Besy. If you mean a PDF manual, then look for the tools icon on the top of the document and toggle the side panel. The index will appear there. Tools Icon usually has something that looks like a little wrench on it. Almost all PDF manuals for any piece of equipment will work the same way. Then if you click any of the listing with a side pointing triangle the index tree will open up just like outline based index. Toggle the downward pointing triangle and the index tree will close.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

I apologize but I don't understand the term Besy. I have a Green Manual, 1518 pages long, and there is no table of contents in it either. There is a bookmark section at the beginning that appears to be sort of a TOC but with no page number. It is a bit of a PITA to find what I'm looking for sometimes but once I find it the instructions are quite good. It's gotten me through changing brake pads and rotors plus everything in the 56K service so I can't really complain. Unfortunately, my PDF reader does not allow me to highlight important things.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

If you have a proper PDF reader it will have a search function at the top and also allow you to bookmark pages.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    Unfortunately, my PDF reader does not allow me to highlight important things.
    It's not your PDF reader, it's the security settings in the document. The guy who produces that manual (quite possibly illegally), and sells it under various names, doesn't want anyone copying it. Or maybe the anti-highlighting setting is put in by BRP when they produce the original PDF.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

I found it here 1530 pages
    Where to buy a shop/service manual - SpyderLovers.com
    www.spyderlovers.com › Forum › SpyderWeb › Spyder RT- Touring
    Jul 12, 2015 - You may contact the seller at bestshopmanuals@gmail.com. Rob. Quote Originally Posted by SailnDive View Post. I found a TechSpark CD ...
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wmh9680 View Post
    I have the Besy manual for my Spyder and I have never found the Table of contents, I may be blind but can anyoine halp me find it so I don';t have to slowly discover and print all section headliners?
    I googled 'Besy Manual' .... no relevant results .... please elaborate
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    I found it here on the forum, when you open it it says Best Green Manual. Mike
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    The 'Y' key is next to the 'T' key on a standard keyboard!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wmh9680 View Post
    I found it here 1530 pages
    Where to buy a shop/service manual - SpyderLovers.com
    www.spyderlovers.com › Forum › SpyderWeb › Spyder RT- Touring
    Jul 12, 2015 - You may contact the seller at bestshopmanuals@gmail.com. Rob. Quote Originally Posted by SailnDive View Post. I found a TechSpark CD ...
    Also Canammanuals.com.

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

Regardless of the typo, if you can't pull up the side panel and get an index, it is obviously not the "Best Manual". My pdf manual has side panel index that toggles from the tools icon, page numbers, and the ability to bookmark pages to go back with the Tab key.

Spyder Garage

Been playing with it and maybe I named it Besy instead of Best when I dl and saved DUH. There is not a side panel to look at at all so I'm making my own
    TOC
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

I had to install and open my best pdf manual with "adobe acrobat reader DC" to display Table of contents correctly the free version works fine no need to buy pro version
    2017 f3-s daytona , circuit yellow metallic

Spyder Garage

Never had a problem getting the index, but I use a Linux OS on the laptops. The index also opens on my cell phone with just the basic PDF app. Cell phone has Android OS.

Spyder Garage

Well guess what, after I created my own TOC with Excel I discovered that my default with PDFs was a program inside my AVG Security. I dn have Adobe on my Computer/ I dl it and now it works fine. I guess you guys need to open a computer tech center. Funny how sometimes something is right in front of you but you don't see it. But it did make me find more detailed results with my TOC. Thanks Again, Mike
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    DUH, thanks
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

Come'on guys he fat fingured an "y" for a "t". Lets cut a little slack here.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

I was just lightheartedly giving UtahPete a hard time since the obvious typo apparently escaped him!

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

And that's why I love this place, as we say at the Firehouse "If your feelings are easily hurt thew will be hurt"
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

I have both the disk manual a two paper manuals (C.R.S.). Disk one is easy to find what you need. Paper manual SUCKS. I have a Service Manual for my Triumph Trophy that is Super Easy to find stuff, GREAT T.O.C. and indexing. BuRP SUCKS.!!!!
    2015 RTS SE6 Special Series Red/Black w/Magnesium front fenders(bought in Nov. 2018 w/9,400 miles)
    Dynojet Power Commander V, Power Commander POD-300 Display, PCV Map Switch, Pedal Commander (WOW)
    Passenger Arm Rests, Windshield Air Wing
    Baja Ron's Sway Bar & Spring Adjusters
    Air Scoops, LaMonster's Hiway Pegs
    Magnetic Mirror Mounts, Air Innovations Seat Cushion
    Red Chrome pin striping on Black hood
    Federal Formoza AZ01 front tires (they're GREAT)
    Kumho Ecsta AST KU25 All-Season Tire - 225/50R15 91H
    LED bars above radiator inlets
    LED brake/running/turn signals on license plate frame
    Tag-Along trailer
    LED headlights LED fog lights (WOW)
    2" x 2" Road Lights inside front fenders
    7' x 10' Cargo trailer
    Garmin 396 LM GPS
    RLS Cat-delete resonator with China Akropovic muffler
    New Banshee AGM
    M3 TPMS on front tires
    Remote Control for Heated Jacket and Heated Riding Pants
    Analog Clock and Analog Volt Meter
    Loose Nut Behind Handlebars
    2015 RT-S Special Series , Stock Spark Plugs Brake Pedal Extension Cherry Red/Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    I tend to read things literally rather than try to guess at what the writer might have intended.
    2014 RTL Platinum