Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Maggie Valley Rally Advertisement on Spyderlovers Forum

Guys,
    I didn't attend the Rally at Maggie Valley this year because their was very little about it on this Forum! I have been the other years and enjoyed it very much, but this year, no one seem to be in charge, and after several phone calls, e-mails, etc., I decided not to go! This is the only rally we attend since we live in deep South Georgia, and our age is a factor! I may be able to attend one more, but we are not going hundreds of miles, not knowing if they will be vendors there or not!! If we are going to have another rally at Maggie Valley next year, then let us get start getting sponsors, fair ground ground reserved, information out to vendors, motel reservation planning, and letting Spyder world know we are going to do something down south!! I am so disappointed in the lack of enthusiasm for a Spyder Rally in the Southern part of the United States! The Civil War is over, let's pull together and share some fun and excitement for our Spyder members, or close up shop, sell the stupid things and get ready and move on to another hobby, just my two senses worth !!! I am sure a lot of you will disagree with me, but I have the same rights as you do, and that is my opinion!

Spyder Garage

Putting on a national rally is a pretty big deal. In most cases the major items are left to just a few people. There is a LOT of planning to do well in advance, as you mention.

Some rallies do come and go due to diminishing interest for various reasons. It remains to be seen what will happen with Maggie Valley.

Advertising is one part. One technical error that I see is that many rallies seem to be Facebook oriented now. SL is a major Spyder site...so should not be overlooked.

Time will tell how the rallies go. We had three in our area over a three week period...we had to decide on the ONE that we were going to attend. Would have been nice to hit all three, but that was not to happen for us.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

i agree 100%, i didn't go because i couldn't find out anything about what was happening or vendors, and i'm not taking a 7 hour round trip to find out.
    2015 rs

Spyder Garage

I think and am hoping that Maggie Valley this year is an aberration that resulted from the sale of Matthews Fun Machines as they were heavily involved in planning until the sale which itself was a bolt out of the blue. ARtraveler is right in the bulls-eye.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

I went with a buddy who has a Can Am. Not knowing much about what vendors were going to be there, we planned on one night. Enjoyed it so much we stayed three nites. Rooms readily avail. Vendors selling tires, alignments, mufflers, horns, DDS deletes, lights, etc. Small area, but always found parking. Personally, even tho I drive a Slingshot, I enjoyed it more than the Slingshot rally earlier this spring. I think it was due to the smaller vendor/parking areas which caused folks to congregate that encouraged more interaction.
    The Slingshot rally was in the fairgrounds and didn't have many more vendors and everything was so spread out. Lot of walking, not much talking.

Jay, made me wish I still had my RT!
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Spyder Garage

I went at last minute, as I had break between my duties building a new house. Was a great nice day, (Saturday), vendors were jam packed side by side. I managed to spend about $170. A few former ones didn't show up compared to 2018. This site was minimal parking compared to fairgrounds. I did see some spyders gathering at old fairgrounds, maybe a group ride. Always like riding in the area, so after Butts on the Creek eats, putt-putt golf, went home by BRP to Asheville, then I40
    somebody lost their spyder key in parking lot, hope they found before too long
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Spyder Garage

Ga. Farm Boy,
    There was a web site. If you go to the top of Spyder Lovers web page you will see "Spyder Events". Click on that and look down the list of events and click on which one you like.

I went this year and had a great time. Great weather this year.

The Maggie Valley event web page is not a real good one, but if you click on Rally Events, you will find a link to vendors, hotels, etc. I heard that Value Assessories and one other vendor are planning to sponsor the event next year. Hope that's true.

Here was the link to this years event: http://spyderadventures.com/home/
    Happy owner of 2014 White RTS - SE6

Spyder Garage

There were some leadership changes this year out of necessity. Though not quite as organized as in previous years, it was, none the less, a better event (in my opinion) than previous years. Lots of vendors, great weather and a good number of people/Spyders. Well worth the trip. I didn't have any problems getting information. But I understand that my experience was not universal.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by south GA Farm Boy View Post
    Guys,
    I didn't attend the Rally at Maggie Valley this year because their was very little about it on this Forum! I have been the other years and enjoyed it very much, but this year, no one seem to be in charge, and after several phone calls, e-mails, etc., I decided not to go! This is the only rally we attend since we live in deep South Georgia, and our age is a factor! I may be able to attend one more, but we are not going hundreds of miles, not knowing if they will be vendors there or not!! If we are going to have another rally at Maggie Valley next year, then let us get start getting sponsors, fair ground ground reserved, information out to vendors, motel reservation planning, and letting Spyder world know we are going to do something down south!! I am so disappointed in the lack of enthusiasm for a Spyder Rally in the Southern part of the United States! The Civil War is over, let's pull together and share some fun and excitement for our Spyder members, or close up shop, sell the stupid things and get ready and move on to another hobby, just my two senses worth !!! I am sure a lot of you will disagree with me, but I have the same rights as you do, and that is my opinion!
    The rally was list here with a link to their web site and on their web site it had under (mouse over see drop down box) Rally INFO then (click on) registered vendors is a list of vendors (click on) area hotels and a list of then there and a news link also. It was there all along. I did see your post but though that when you got the web site link you were able to find your way around the web page. I did not make that web page so don't look at me.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You are criticizing a bunch of unpaid volunteers. Not cool.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    You are criticizing a bunch of unpaid volunteers. Not cool.
    I dunno UP, constructive criticism can help make the next event better, and you've gotta admit that if there were any potentially interested readers here who couldn't readily find the info they needed to encourage them to attend, then raising that as a concern so that the organisers (regardless of whether they're volunteer or paid) can improve on that in time for next year's event, it's very likely a good thing, isn't it?!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    I dunno UP, constructive criticism can help make the next event better, and you've gotta admit that if there were any potentially interested readers here who couldn't readily find the info they needed to encourage them to attend, then raising that as a concern so that the organisers (regardless of whether they're volunteer or paid) can improve on that in time for next year's event, it's very likely a good thing, isn't it?!
    Maybe. I think that depends on a number of factors. I think it's important for those who attend events like this to differentiate between commercial ventures and purely voluntary ones. Too much unfair criticism of the latter will result in fewer choices I think.

Apparently this one began as a commercially sponsored event and might not have happened this year at all were it not for some selfless volunteers stepping up to make it happen. They deserve kudos not criticism I think.

If the event suffered from low participation and the organizers were frantically searching for reasons why, the OP's comments might be welcomed. But there's no evidence of that. Besides, there are more measures of success than high attendance numbers for a non-commercial event.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

We will be taking over the lead in this event, with help from multiple people. Regina does not have the time to coordinate this event, but will be helping. Also the dealer that sponsored it went out of business. The event had to be moved to a different location because of a pretty big expense in renting the Festival grounds and also having to stay into Sunday for grounds inspection and getting the $1500 deposit back.
    It will be held again next year at the same location as this year at the Elevated Mountain Distillery, 2nd weekend in October.
    We will have a page up in the next month or so with information. We will see about improving a few things including some signage up front.
    We will have rides every day like this year along with a dinner ride and door prizes on Friday night.
    If anyone would like to help please contact us.
    Rick
    Rick
    Spyder Lovers Vendor
    Value-Accessories

Spyder Garage

all i ask for is a list of vendors and the services they will be providing, i found the vendor list but i did search and even ask on here and couldn't find out if anybody was doing dess dis-able or alignments.
    2015 rs

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rick_w View Post
    We will be taking over the lead in this event, with help from multiple people. Regina does not have the time to coordinate this event, but will be helping. Also the dealer that sponsored it went out of business. The event had to be moved to a different location because of a pretty big expense in renting the Festival grounds and also having to stay into Sunday for grounds inspection and getting the $1500 deposit back.
    It will be held again next year at the same location as this year at the Elevated Mountain Distillery, 2nd weekend in October.
    We will have a page up in the next month or so with information. We will see about improving a few things including some signage up front.
    We will have rides every day like this year along with a dinner ride and door prizes on Friday night.
    Rick
    Thank you for the update. This is just what most of us were looking for. Kudos to all the volunteers, both compensated and not.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Rick_W, thanks for taking this on.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bayoubill View Post
    all i ask for is a list of vendors and the services they will be providing, i found the vendor list but i did search and even ask on here and couldn't find out if anybody was doing dess dis-able or alignments.
    Both were being done this year.
    Happy owner of 2014 White RTS - SE6

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderjuice View Post
    Both were being done this year.
    i found the site with vendor list but couldn't find anything about what they were selling or doing, just the vendor name doesn't help, and i asked on here several times about dess, along with several others with no answer, and i asked on here about alignments with no answer, so if there was a list i would like to know where it was.
    2015 rs

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bayoubill View Post
    i found the site with vendor list but couldn't find anything about what they were selling or doing, just the vendor name doesn't help, and i asked on here several times about dess, along with several others with no answer, and i asked on here about alignments with no answer, so if there was a list i would like to know where it was.
    List of vendors. Vendor tel # there, web search of vendor? Ask about stuff here you got the web site. That is what everyone here knew. This year is over, so maybe you can help Rick_W get that info out by posting it here next year.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Thanks Rick for your positive comments about the Maggie Valley Rally for next year! It is nice to see good clean positive answers, without someone losing their cool over a statement! Next year, if I am able I will try to be one of those unpaid volunteers that is needed to help put on a rally of this nature! Best to you in all that you do for Spyder owners!

Spyder Garage

My wife and I setup going to Maggie Valley back in April or so. When I ordered items online and had a question I called the vendor. When I was on the phone with the vendor I asked them if they were going to be at Maggie Valley and most said yes. They also told me about some of the problems with the last sponsor that wasn't there this year. I looked at the website and found some info and thought great there will be more vendors than I thought. We didn't do any of the rides with the other Spyders as we took off on our own before daylight. We had things installed on Saturday and then went on a 5 hours ride. We still got to meet some other riders and have a good time.
    Thank you,
    Ray B.
    These are the states I have driven my Spyder Rt Limited too.

Mudflap -- Walmart
    Tricled Headlights and Fog lights -- valueaccessories.comRimsavers -- RimBladesUSA.com
    Showchrome Tiregard (TPMS) -- motorcycleid.com
    Front and side grilles -- CanAmSpyderAccessories
    Passenger arm rest -- Diamond R Accessories
    Rear axle caps -- Lamonster
    Magic Mirrors -- Lamonster
    Yellow and red running and blinker lights on fender --Show Chrome
    TRUNK-MOUNTED, DOUBLE FLAG HOLDER -- Rivco
    Rear Brake light for trunk -- Custom Dynamics
    Bumpskid w/led lights -- Spyderpops
    Seat cushion -- Airhawk
    Cup holders -- Drink2Go
    Ultragard-4-457BK-Black-Cover-Spyder -- Big Bike Parts

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Rick
    Thank you for taking this over and helping out. I have been going for the past 3 years in Maggie Valley and my first year was in Fontana Village. We go to that area and ride at least 3 times a year. This year we decided to stay in Boone and just rode down to Maggie Valley for Friday. In previous years I have lead a small group through the area, but this year I had the wife along and needed to go at a much slower pace. I hope to be able to make it next year and will post up and let you know if I am able to volunteer to help lead rides, or in any other way. Thanks again for getting this going, and your hard work is not going unnoticed or unappreciated. Thank you very much.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Rick
    It was a great event this year. I'd say the best Maggie Valley event I've been to yet. Good attendance, great weather and everyone I spoke to seemed to be very happy with everything.

I am sorry that some had so much difficulty getting information. Though not as promoted as other events, information did not seem to be all that difficult to obtain. Transitions from one sponsor to another can have their issues. Most people do not comprehend the level of commitment, effort and expense required for these events to happen. Under the circumstances, I think an incredible job was done with this year's Maggie Valley event.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Rick
    Thank you Rick !

Will you still be having your Ohio event?
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Hard to believe the OP couldn't find the events link on this forum - the information was there for the entire year.
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue