Thread: Wows

Spyder Garage

Default Wows

God this forum is full of troubles Nico 75

Spyder Garage

Really?! I'm not having any trouble with this forum.

Wife, kids, work, health. Now those are troubles if you have them...
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Nico, what troubles?

Spyder Garage

I'll take the other tack, and assume (yeah, I know it's a risk... ) that you're commenting on all the 'troubles' people are posting up about on the Forum that they're having with their Spyders/Rykers.... I think you'll find that it's human nature to complain about the things that go wrong, and (amongst other things) Forums like this are places where people with Spyder/Ryker problems can come & ask how to sort them! So of course there's gonna be lotsa threads made up of hundreds of posts about all the troubles people are having with their Spydes/Rykers!

Not trying to make light of those who are having problems & seeking solutions, cos I know those problems are real enough and can be distressing and extremely frustrating when trying to resolve same, but back before the internet made it soo bloody easy to tell the whole world about what was troubling you, it was widely recognised that statistically, people would tell at least 15 others about their bad experiences (or Spyder/Ryker problems) but if they told anyone about the good stuff, they'd generally only tell no more than 2 others!! And now that we have the internet, it's easy enough AND human nature to actually tell the whole internet world about your troubles, but there remain very few who are trying to tell any more than those same 2 others about all the good stuff!! Then there's the 'silent majority' out there to consider as well, those who are quietly getting on with enjoying their Spyders/Rykers who don't ever have any problems, but rather they just keep on racking up those Miles of Smiles! as and when they can, however & wherever they can!

So don't let the apparent 'large number' of Spyder/Ryker troubles sucker you into thinking that ALL Spyder/Rykers are trouble prone, there's almost certainly WAAAYYY MORE people out there enjoying their reliable & trouble free machines without any significant concerns than there are those who're experiencing those very real issues that impact them greatly enough to prompt them to complain & seek solutions, but because this Forum is one of the better places to find info, receive helpful advice, and hopefully, maybe even to find solutions to those problems, of course it's gonna seem like the Forum is full of troubles! After all, that's a big part of what we are here for, isn't it?? Helping those who have troubles or concerns with their Spyders/Rykers!

But please, don't let that ever stop you from posting up stories & pics about your enjoyable times too.... Statistically, I reckon we need about 7.5 times as many people sharing their good experiences just to break even with the 'pre-internet troubles vs enjoyment' figures... only now that we have the internet too, we'll need to multiply that '7.5 times as many' by some massive number JUST to reflect current reality!! And in the meantime, if you can squeeze anything in between posting up about your good times here, then maybe you should just get out there and....

Ride More, Worry Less!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-19-2019 at 07:19 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Peter, agree with your post. In fact, I'll start things off with a "good experience". Over 3,200 miles of mostly 30 to 40 mile combination paved/dirt road trips without any problems. Went on a 2 hour, 43 mile loop today. Had to ride a ways to find some 'new' dirt roads but found some -- some loose dirt, some sand, couple of mudholes -- HAD A BLAST! Absolutely love my Rally. There's been a few close calls out in the middle of nowhere, but so far she's never got stuck and never let me down. Wouldn't change anything. I got it to replace a dual-sport bike and it fits the bill perfectly. LOVE IT!
    Spyder F3-S Special Series my traveling ride
    Ryker Rally modified for dual sport duty
    Honda Grom heavily modified for dual sport duty
    Ducati Scrambler Icon Dark my other traveling ride

Spyder Garage

Websites are negative comment magnets.
    2011 RTS (Sold to a very nice lady)
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    2006 Mustang GT. Varooooom!
    US Navy Veteran
    SC Law Enforcement Boat Captain
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!

Spyder Garage

Ok wrong word lots of faults reported on forum enough to make a prospective buyer think twice how's that Nico 75

Spyder Garage

good on ya Nico ... I have been having a bad one , " the weather has been great , cycle ready , " the dang job is in the way , lets go visit folks on the other side of town ( to dark for the ride back in deer country ) .... ohhhhh what a world ! ( hahahhaha seriously though , going out today , temps in the low 70`s ... if I do not have to vacuum the autos, clean the garage , ) hahahhahaha happy riding every one

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    I'll take the other tack, and assume (yeah, I know it's a risk... ) that you're commenting on all the 'troubles' people are posting up about on the Forum that they're having with their Spyders/Rykers.... I think you'll find that it's human nature to complain about the things that go wrong, and (amongst other things) Forums like this are places where people with Spyder/Ryker problems can come & ask how to sort them! So of course there's gonna be lotsa threads made up of hundreds of posts about all the troubles people are having with their Spydes/Rykers!

Not trying to make light of those who are having problems & seeking solutions, cos I know those problems are real enough and can be distressing and extremely frustrating when trying to resolve same, but back before the internet made it soo bloody easy to tell the whole world about what was troubling you, it was widely recognised that statistically, people would tell at least 15 others about their bad experiences (or Spyder/Ryker problems) but if they told anyone about the good stuff, they'd generally only tell no more than 2 others!! And now that we have the internet, it's easy enough AND human nature to actually tell the whole internet world about your troubles, but there remain very few who are trying to tell any more than those same 2 others about all the good stuff!! Then there's the 'silent majority' out there to consider as well, those who are quietly getting on with enjoying their Spyders/Rykers who don't ever have any problems, but rather they just keep on racking up those Miles of Smiles! as and when they can, however & wherever they can!

So don't let the apparent 'large number' of Spyder/Ryker troubles sucker you into thinking that ALL Spyder/Rykers are trouble prone, there's almost certainly WAAAYYY MORE people out there enjoying their reliable & trouble free machines without any significant concerns than there are those who're experiencing those very real issues that impact them greatly enough to prompt them to complain & seek solutions, but because this Forum is one of the better places to find info, receive helpful advice, and hopefully, maybe even to find solutions to those problems, of course it's gonna seem like the Forum is full of troubles! After all, that's a big part of what we are here for, isn't it?? Helping those who have troubles or concerns with their Spyders/Rykers!

But please, don't let that ever stop you from posting up stories & pics about your enjoyable times too.... Statistically, I reckon we need about 7.5 times as many people sharing their good experiences just to break even with the 'pre-internet troubles vs enjoyment' figures... only now that we have the internet too, we'll need to multiply that '7.5 times as many' by some massive number JUST to reflect current reality!! And in the meantime, if you can squeeze anything in between posting up about your good times here, then maybe you should just get out there and....

Ride More, Worry Less!

Keep the the info coming; I’m trying to become an informed consumer before I do battle with the salesman! Thanks for all the great perspectives and apologies in advance for any less than stellar inquiries......

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpot View Post
    Websites are negative comment magnets.
    with this comment and also what Peter said.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Here's the thing..

As a information and help site you have to see it as a doctors office. You are hard pressed to find happy people at the doctors office as they are there with problems and looking for answers. We do a good job helping them but anyone just stopping by may feel that that is all that happens here. We do have a lot , and more than before, of good reviews and reports as well as thankful folks posting and showing how effective the site is. All vehicles have issues some from the factory some from the dealer and some from the customers themselves. Now if you look at the big picture..... there are very few with issues some posting at all sites and many times but if you look at all the units out there you can see that it is not as bad as one might think from reading only a few posts here. You must not read posts here and believe that that will happen to you and worry about it or decide not to venture into the the spyder world...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black