Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default My latest experience with - Tire Rack

I recently bought a pair of tires from them …. Before mounting them ( or even un-wrapping them ) I sold the car they were to go on ….. So I contacted Tire Rack and told them what occurred …. What they offered me was this, if I wanted to Exchange the tires for a different pair, they would have UPS pick-up my tires ( for FREE ) and send the New tires for FREE. I chose the ( fantastic ) Vredestein Quatrac 5 in 165/60-15 which should be delivered tomorrow..... I know many have chosen them in 175/55-15, but I save $18.00 with the smaller size …. & the 60 aspect should give a bit more flex in the sidewall - which means a slightly softer feel when hitting bumps or pot-holes ……. Mike

Spyder Garage

Mike: Based on your recommendation I’m Looking at the Quatrac for the fronts on my 2016 F3-t. For the rear I’ve heard you recommend Altima’s as well. Which one would you put on if you bought today?
    2016 F3-T , Intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MNF3 View Post
    Mike: Based on your recommendation I’m Looking at the Quatrac for the fronts on my 2016 F3-t. For the rear I’ve heard you recommend Altima’s as well. Which one would you put on if you bought today?
    Years ago I introduced the members here to the Altimax RT43 …. at that time I thought it was the best tire available for any Spyder … But tires evolve and generally improve …. I still think the Altimax is a very good tire … However I think the Quatrac 5 is the better of the two.... until recently it was widely available in the 215/60-15 size …. that is no longer the case …. however the 205/60 or 65 -15 is only 3/8 th inch narrower and that won't really effect much …. being slightly narrower it should have better traction in wet road conditions ……. Mike

Spyder Garage

Default Wow...!!

That is a good deal from the Rack...congrats know your fond of those tires....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Which is the size for the rear that will correct the speedo(it reads 2 mph higher than the GPS at 60 mph)on my 17 rtl?
    :
    : 2017 RTL ORBITAL BLUE

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    I recently bought a pair of tires from them …. Before mounting them ( or even un-wrapping them ) I sold the car they were to go on ….. So I contacted Tire Rack and told them what occurred …. What they offered me was this, if I wanted to Exchange the tires for a different pair, they would have UPS pick-up my tires ( for FREE ) and send the New tires for FREE. I chose the ( fantastic ) Vredestein Quatrac 5 in 165/60-15 which should be delivered tomorrow..... I know many have chosen them in 175/55-15, but I save $18.00 with the smaller size …. & the 60 aspect should give a bit more flex in the sidewall - which means a slightly softer feel when hitting bumps or pot-holes ……. Mike

I ordered the Vredestein 175/55/15 for the fronts last night. Should be delivered early next week. If I saw this post last night I would have considered ordering 165/60. But I don't think I'll regret it based on the positive comments so far.
    2016 RTL "Boris"

Foam Grips
    Utopia Backrest
    BRP Passenger armrests
    Bajaron sway bar
    LED Bumpskid w/remote
    Belt guard
    BRT rear lighting w/strobe
    High mount BRT w/strobe
    Dual a-arm LEDs w/turn signals
    Multicolor underground Halo lighting
    LED headlights and foglights
    FOBO TPMS
    Techgripper phone holder
    Lidlox
    Dual USB with voltmeter
    Dakota Digital Compass/Clock/Altimeter/Temperature Gauge
    Vredestein Quatrac 5 175/55R15 - Fronts
    General Altimax RT43 215/60R15 - Rear

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ludwig12of45 View Post
    I ordered the Vredestein 175/55/15 for the fronts last night. Should be delivered early next week. If I saw this post last night I would have considered ordering 165/60. But I don't think I'll regret it based on the positive comments so far.
    Check and see if they were shipped yet …… worth a shot ….. the difference between those sizes are so small I don't think you'd notice it. ….. Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Check and see if they were shipped yet …… worth a shot ….. the difference between those sizes are so small I don't think you'd notice it. ….. Mike
    Didn't even get a chance - they were delivered saturday. boy that was fast!

Getting them put on thursday....can't wait
    2016 RTL "Boris"

Foam Grips
    Utopia Backrest
    BRP Passenger armrests
    Bajaron sway bar
    LED Bumpskid w/remote
    Belt guard
    BRT rear lighting w/strobe
    High mount BRT w/strobe
    Dual a-arm LEDs w/turn signals
    Multicolor underground Halo lighting