Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 007james View Post
    Do you intend to trade your 14, or try to privately sell it? I think it might be difficult to unload a Spyder with 60,000 miles on it to any private owner. Unless you offer it for Dealer Trade in value and further discount for the high mileage. If the Dealer marketed it, they would have a better chance of selling it, by offering a 90 day Warrantee on it, as some Dealers do.
    007James
    I have a '16 F3 Limited with 52,000 miles and my BEST warranty is good till June, 2021. I plan on selling mine with about 18 months of warranty left and I'm hoping that'll make it attractive. Looking forward to a 2020 RT Limited.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Copperman View Post
    I have a '16 F3 Limited with 52,000 miles and my BEST warranty is good till June, 2021. I plan on selling mine with about 18 months of warranty left and I'm hoping that'll make it attractive. Looking forward to a 2020 RT Limited.
    MY 2016 RT Limited has 38,000 on it, and I just bought the 3 year BEST Ext.,Warrantee, so is good until Sept.2022. I will never buy another Belt driven Spyder. The only temptation to buy another would be if they change the belt to Shaft Drive.
    007James
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-22-2019 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display - Lost [
    2016 RT Limited , Black & Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

I think it's freaking FUGLY UGLY... I can't believe someone at Can-Am thought this was a good idea. Looks way too much like the F3 and the huge amount of black plastic is horrible. Makes me seriously think about trading my 2016 RT LTD and grabbing a 2019 RT LTD leftover, but I only have 5500 miles on it, so probably won't. Thinking when i'm done with the 2016 it may be time to look at a Vanderhall for replacement, and abandon Can-Am all together.
    2020 Can Am Spyder RT Limited "The Comet #2"

Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Passenger Armrests From Can Am
    Wolo Big Bad Max Airhorn
    Lamonster Top Cuff W/Ram Ball
    Lamonster Power Plate
    Tackform Phone Mount
    Key Cover from Ebay
    Lamonster Mirror Locks
    Ultragard Cover from Lamonster
    Top Grills from Spyderpops
    Garage Door Opener from Spyderpops
    3.5mm Extension from Amazon
    Lamonster USB Cable Holder & Cable
    Foam Grips from Spyderpops
    Tricled Strobe Brake Light module
    Tricled Bag Lights (replace reflectors)
    Tricled Turn/Brake/Run Signals Rear
    Tricled Floorboard Lights
    Tricled Sequential Run/Turn Fender Lights
    Tricled A-Frame Run/Turn Lights
    Tricled LED American Flag Mount & Flag
    Showchrome American Flag
    2020 RT Limited , Says Chalk White, but in person it is much more gray

Spyder Garage

Just wondering- We talked to a dealer about a preorder and they were only allowing $14,000 trade in for our 2016 RT Limited Special Series. It has 18,000 miles and is in excellent condition. Doesn’t that seem pretty low?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kingz View Post
    Just wondering- We talked to a dealer about a preorder and they were only allowing $14,000 trade in for our 2016 RT Limited Special Series. It has 18,000 miles and is in excellent condition. Doesn’t that seem pretty low?
    I was worried about that, as they probably see how ugly the 2020 is and know that people are probably thinking like we are to get a 2019, so they will be lowering their trade in rates, knowing people have limited choices.
    2020 Can Am Spyder RT Limited "The Comet #2"

Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Passenger Armrests From Can Am
    Wolo Big Bad Max Airhorn
    Lamonster Top Cuff W/Ram Ball
    Lamonster Power Plate
    Tackform Phone Mount
    Key Cover from Ebay
    Lamonster Mirror Locks
    Ultragard Cover from Lamonster
    Top Grills from Spyderpops
    Garage Door Opener from Spyderpops
    3.5mm Extension from Amazon
    Lamonster USB Cable Holder & Cable
    Foam Grips from Spyderpops
    Tricled Strobe Brake Light module
    Tricled Bag Lights (replace reflectors)
    Tricled Turn/Brake/Run Signals Rear
    Tricled Floorboard Lights
    Tricled Sequential Run/Turn Fender Lights
    Tricled A-Frame Run/Turn Lights
    Tricled LED American Flag Mount & Flag
    Showchrome American Flag
    2020 RT Limited , Says Chalk White, but in person it is much more gray

Spyder Garage

Dealers won't give you retail, after all, they are in business to make money. As an example, in June I purchased a 2017 RT Limited with 3,000 miles on it for $16,000. BTW, it was from a private owner.
    2017 Can Am Spyder RT SE6 Limited

Tri-Axis Bars
    La Monster Longhorn Lights
    La Monster Magic Mirrors
    La Monster Spyder Cuff w/Phone Holder
    Show Chrome Fender Lights
    Show Chrome Backrest
    Show Chrome Brake/Turn Light
    Lid Locks
    2017 RT , White

Spyder Garage

That's about right. I sold my 15 RTS in July 2018 for my 2018 f3 limited. My dealer offered 14k with 3k worth of accessories on it with 20,000 miles on it. Another dealer near by only offers me 12k. It's sad these bikes are worth so little used.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Where did try one?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I like and would like one but the BRP connect issues, and other issues that date back to the 2014 models of RT's and F3's that persist make me wary. Plus I've just spent $3000 on new Wilburs shocks front and rear that I doubt will fit the new model anyway, so I'd like to get some mileage from them
    2017 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Little Blue View Post
    A new Spyder would be nice and with the warranty it is tempting. My is paid off and still has BEST WARRANTY. I think that I will wait another year......
    I also have a 2014 RTS-SE6 and mind is paid for, and I am going to wait another also.
    Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

MY 2016 RT Limited has 38,000 on it, and I just bought the 3 year BEST Ext.,Warrantee, so is good until Sept.2022. I will never buy another Belt driven Spyder. The only temptation to buy another would be if they change the belt to Shaft Drive.
    007James
    what dont you like about the belt?
    2018 RT , Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Little Blue View Post
    A new Spyder would be nice and with the warranty it is tempting. My is paid off and still has BEST WARRANTY. I think that I will wait another year......
    My '15 RTL's Best Warranty expires on 04/30/2020. My 70 year old legs are telling me to find a new seating position. With the exception of Asphalt Metallic, I need to look at the new colors in person. My wife has vetoed the F3L's passenger perch.
    Mike
    2021 Marsala Red Metallic RT Limited

Spyder Garage

yeah, that's what I ran into - the wife didn't care for the F3's passenger seat. While I do like the looks of the new RT, I'm not sure the passenger backrest is going to work.
    2014 RT-S Orange - LED headlights/driving lights, LED under mirror turns, LED brake/run lights along trunk and saddlebags, LED third brake light, LED turn bulb replacements, Magic Mirrors, Voltmeter, Oil PSI gauge, heated gear connection, BRP backrest, dash Mount USB plug, Lamonster belt tensioner, Baja Ron sway bar, NBV highway pegs, BRP arm rests M2 suspension.
    2014 RT-S , Orange

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wrb3004 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tFlooffi4k&t=1280s

A video I ran across talking about the new RT. Kind of hard to hear but he goes over it in pretty good detail.
    That is my good friend Mike Huber talking with the service team at Spirit Motorcycles about the new RTL. He has been lucky enough to ryde that thing all over the west visiting Spyder dealers to answer questions. Great guy!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Nope seems more than fair.
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Realtor View Post
    what dont you like about the belt?
    I don’t like the chatter of the Belt shaking the mirrors, Foot Plates, Tupper Ware, and front of the Vehicle. No matter how tight or loose the Belt is adjusted, the Chatter Vibration will always resurface at various speeds. If it’s tight, then it’s smooth at 70 MPH, but chattering at 50-60 MPH. Also, when the Belt is adjusted tight, as Dealers have been doing until recently, the Belt rides almost touching the right side of the rear Sprocket, which most likely has been causing the wear and failure of the Front Sprocket Pulleys. Since the recent BRP instructions to Dealers to reduce the tension on the Belts to the lower settings, in order to reduce Front Sprocket failures, now, the Belt tracks dead center on the Rear Sprocket, reducing the wear on the front Sprocket splines, but allows excessive Belt Chatter at speeds 50-80 MPH. None of the Belt Dampeners eliminate all of the Belt Chatter, regardless of Supplier. The long Belts on Spyders act like Base Strings on a Base Fiddle, and Drones different Notes and Vibrations, depending on all of the various speeds, decelerating and accelerating, up and down hills, and corners. The Threads on Belt Chatter and Front Sprocket Failure verify these results, if researched. I recently had a new Belt installed with the new decreased Belt tension adjusted, and the Chatter was non existing with my Roadster Renovation Belt Dampener for the first 500 miles, but the chatter returned again, as usual, at all speeds 50-80 MPH at the low Factory Belt Tension Specs to Dealers. But, hey, I now would rather have Belt Chatter with my mirrors, floor boards, and Tupper Ware shaking , than my front Sprocket squealing, grinding, and leaving tracks of red dust behind me on the asphalt. I CAN live with the chattering belt, but would much rather have a smooth Shaft Drive , that doesn’t shake my Spyder like a Dog pooping Razor Blades!! Nuff said?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-25-2019 at 01:58 AM. Reason: Fixed quote display
    2016 RT Limited , Black & Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MikeT View Post
    My '15 RTL's Best Warranty expires on 04/30/2020. My 70 year old legs are telling me to find a new seating position. With the exception of Asphalt Metallic, I need to look at the new colors in person. My wife has vetoed the F3L's passenger perch.
    Mike

My wife didn't like f3l perch till spyderpops made the trunk extender. She said it now has more room then the RT. Really likes it now.

Spyder Garage

I don’t like the chatter of the Belt shaking the mirrors, Foot Plates, Tupper Ware, and front of the Vehicle. No matter how tight or loose the Belt is adjusted, the Chatter Vibration will always resurface at various speeds. If it’s tight, then it’s smooth at 70 MPH, but chattering at 50-60 MPH. Also, when the Belt is adjusted tight, as Dealers have been doing until recently, the Belt rides almost touching the right side of the rear Sprocket, which most likely has been causing the wear and failure of the Front Sprocket Pulleys. Since the recent BRP instructions to Dealers to reduce the tension on the Belts to the lower settings, in order to reduce Front Sprocket failures, now, the Belt tracks dead center on the Rear Sprocket, reducing the wear on the front Sprocket splines, but allows excessive Belt Chatter at speeds 50-80 MPH. None of the Belt Dampeners eliminate all of the Belt Chatter, regardless of Supplier. The long Belts on Spyders act like Base Strings on a Base Fiddle, and Drones different Notes and Vibrations, depending on all of the various speeds, decelerating and accelerating, up and down hills, and corners. The Threads on Belt Chatter and Front Sprocket Failure verify these results, if researched. I recently had a new Belt installed with the new decreased Belt tension adjusted, and the Chatter was non existing with my Roadster Renovation Belt Dampener for the first 500 miles, but the chatter returned again, as usual, at all speeds 50-80 MPH at the low Factory Belt Tension Specs to Dealers. But, hey, I now would rather have Belt Chatter with my mirrors, floor boards, and Tupper Ware shaking , than my front Sprocket squealing, grinding, and leaving tracks of red dust behind me on the asphalt. I CAN live with the chattering belt, but would much rather have a smooth Shaft Drive , that doesn’t shake my Spyder like a Dog pooping Razor Blades!! Nuff said?
    Hummm, I have not noticed any of that on out 2018 RTL.
    2018 RT , Blue

Spyder Garage

Here's an interesting video on the Spyder RT. I think someone posted this before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMbzE5mFhE4

But what's this ?? It shows up a few times, but most notably at 4:30

Mystery Spyder.jpg
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Interesting three wheeler hey what? Maybe someone will come up with a name or link, I'd like to read about it; that bubble holds my interest, rain, cold, elements? No Problem!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    Here's an interesting video on the Spyder RT. I think someone posted this before.

Mystery Spyder.jpg
    I've watched that video 30 times. the more I watch, the more I don't care for the new style. I do't hate it. but the existing style seems cooler to me... On another topic. shippers sure do take their time after they get your money.....
    2018 RT , Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post

Mystery Spyder.jpg
    They showed that at the unveiling in Sept. It is an all electric spyder. Not for sale. Still a concept vehicle. Can't remember for sure but i think it gos up to 150 miles on a charge.

Spyder Garage

If you check NADA you'll find that it's close. You could do some haggling to get a better trade value. But, this is the wrong time of year to ride, so sales are slower too, which will affect your trade-in valuation. On the other hand, if you wait until spring, your bike will be older and won't be worth any more than it is now.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FINFAN3DP View Post
    I think it's freaking FUGLY UGLY... I can't believe someone at Can-Am thought this was a good idea. Looks way too much like the F3 and the huge amount of black plastic is horrible. Makes me seriously think about trading my 2016 RT LTD and grabbing a 2019 RT LTD leftover, but I only have 5500 miles on it, so probably won't. Thinking when i'm done with the 2016 it may be time to look at a Vanderhall for replacement, and abandon Can-Am all together.
    I'm with you on "the huge amount of black plastic" on the 2020. Because of all the black, I feel the best colors are the Marsala Red Metallic. or the Asphalt Grey. The other issue is how small the interior volume is in the side cases, compared to their exterior size. Looks to be the same interior room of the '14-'19. My '15 RT Limited has <16,000 miles on it; but its BEST warranty expires in 6 months. I'm seriously thinking about keeping my '15, cross my fingers about its durability, and wait till 2022 to see how the deficiencies of the 2020 evolve.
    Mike
    2021 Marsala Red Metallic RT Limited

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default 2020 Models RT

...... ..........I'm Waiting for the 2024 RT models.......
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue