Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default 2020 RT Limited?

What are ya'll thinking of the new 2020's?
    https://can-am.brp.com/on-road/model...spyder-rt.html
    2018 RT , Blue

Spyder Garage

I like the looks of them, but need to check out the larger frunk and side cases before selling my trusty 14 RT with 60k miles on her. I also like the lower seat height and optional top case.
    2020 RTL SE6 Asphalt Grey
    2014 RT SE6, Pearl White 57k (2014-2020)
    2008 GS Premier 17k (2012-2014)

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default 2020 Models

A new Spyder would be nice and with the warranty it is tempting. My is paid off and still has BEST WARRANTY. I think that I will wait another year......
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Currently my plan is to buy a 2020 in Jan/Feb - waiting for the slow season for max negotiating leverage. The 2020 RT is my front runner with the RTL and F3L in 2nd and 3rd respectively. I like that even the F3L will have Q-link flexibility in 2020.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CentralCoastCA View Post
    I like the looks of them, but need to check out the larger frunk and side cases before selling my trusty 14 RT with 60k miles on her. I also like the lower seat height and optional top case.
    Do you intend to trade your 14, or try to privately sell it? I think it might be difficult to unload a Spyder with 60,000 miles on it to any private owner. Unless you offer it for Dealer Trade in value and further discount for the high mileage. If the Dealer marketed it, they would have a better chance of selling it, by offering a 90 day Warrantee on it, as some Dealers do.
    007James
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-25-2019 at 01:59 AM. Reason: Fixed quote display
    2016 RT Limited , Black & Lava Bronze

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I can tell you it is a fun ryde. I am not in the market right now, but if I was, I might wait until late 2020 or even wait until early 2021 when the 2021s come out. I am a bit skeptical of "first year" models. Let them work the kinks out, and I have found that you get great deals in February the year after as the dealer is trying to clear out the old models. If you love an RT and have been intrigued by the F3 series you will love this model. They claim they have, and it appears that it is true, beefed the sway bar, they have improved the floor boards ( no need for highway pegs ) and the lighting is much better on the stock model. Handles much better than the earlier "stock" RTs. and for me anyway much more comfortable. Go check it out when you can!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

I have run into a couple dealers offering great prices on the 18, and 19's. One was better than the other. Have not tried getting information on the 2020 which I also like. The hassle comes with the trade in. My 2011 with 33K miles, and in great condition...was going to take a big hit.

We ended up $2K or more off...on any negotiations. For 2K...more than I was willing to pay...I am letting it ride.

I do suspect that 2020's will have even tighter pricing at the outset.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I like the looks a lot, but the tunk and backrest look a lot like the current F3, and the wife didn't care for that. Have to test-sit one before any decisions.
    2014 RT-S Orange - LED headlights/driving lights, LED under mirror turns, LED brake/run lights along trunk and saddlebags, LED third brake light, LED turn bulb replacements, Magic Mirrors, Voltmeter, Oil PSI gauge, heated gear connection, BRP backrest, dash Mount USB plug, Lamonster belt tensioner, Baja Ron sway bar, NBV highway pegs, BRP arm rests M2 suspension.
    2014 RT-S , Orange

Spyder Garage

I pre-ordered mine. I'm anticipating receiving it in March.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

I share Pirate's view on waiting, even to MY '21 if I were in the mood which I am definitely not. Little niggling problems like the parking brake issue in the latest RTs is good enough reason to wait IMO. Until we see the new parts lists we won't know what parts are brand new and what are carryovers from '19.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Love the styling and improvements on the 2020, but I would surely wait until February 2021 before considering the 2020 to determine the problems and a lower price point.

Spyder Garage

I will try a private sale first and if that doesn't work, the dealer will consign it. I'm certainly going to be realistic/reasonable in what I can get for it. There aren't a lot of 1330cc engine Spyders on the used market in California, so that could be helpful to me (fingers crossed).

Quote Originally Posted by 007james View Post
    Do you intend to trade your 14, or try to privately sell it? I think it might be difficult to unload a Spyder with 60,000 miles on it to any private owner. Unless you offer it for Dealer Trade in value and further discount for the high mileage. If the Dealer marketed it, they would have a better chance of selling it, by offering a 90 day Warrantee on it, as some Dealers do.
    007James
    2020 RTL SE6 Asphalt Grey
    2014 RT SE6, Pearl White 57k (2014-2020)
    2008 GS Premier 17k (2012-2014)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm in the same boat as you(happy wife, happy life). Wife not an F3 fan. My situation is complicated by other factors:
    a. I'm reluctant to be an "early adopter" of first year vehicles. There are always bugs/glitches that went undiscovered by the manufacturer that surface once the vehicle is in the hands of the public.
    b. Since we started trailering to destinations two years ago @68, my '15 RTL(late April '15) only has 15,500 miles on it. The only issue is that it's going out of warranty as of 04/30/20.
    2021 Marsala Red Metallic RT Limited

Spyder Garage

I am with others on first year of release for new models but this instance, I am not sure that applies, I mean the engine is the 1330 which has been in use since 2014 and the new dash has been in place since 2018. This means that the only real change is to body work.
    I love how the earth rotates around the sun ... it really makes my day!

Currently Own:

2019 F3 Limited - Vegas White (Dark Edition) - His
    (Baja Ron bar/links-Short reach bars-Center footpegs-Tall boy screen-Flag holders-LED Skidplate-Spydercuffs-Ultimate seat-LED Headlights)
    *** BLOWN MOTOR Apr 21 @3,800 miles, motor replaced by BRP Jun 5, 21 ***

2019 RT Limited - Phoenix Orange (Chrome) - Hers
    (Baja Ron bar/links-Skidplate-Spydercuff-Comfort seat-LED Headlights)

Previously Owned:
    2013 RT SE5 (Orbital Blue) *31,000 Miles* - His
    2012 RT Ltd SE5 (Pink Full Body Wrap) *41,000 Miles* - Hers
    2021 Ryker 900 (Black) Sport Windshield - Foam Grips - Solo Comfort Seat

Spyder Garage

I'm looking to see if there is a few deals on the 2019's before taking the hit on a new year bike like the 2020. What ever I get, I'll have it a while... My Harley is a 2007, still have that. so I tend to keep stuff for a while.... heck, I dont even mind getting a 2015or '27, '17 if low miles and very wekk maintained. I'm very picky when it comes to my equipment....
    2018 RT , Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Realtor View Post
    I'm looking to see if there is a few deals on the 2019's before taking the hit on a new year bike like the 2020. What ever I get, I'll have it a while... My Harley is a 2007, still have that. so I tend to keep stuff for a while.... heck, I dont even mind getting a 2015or '27, '17 if low miles and very wekk maintained. I'm very picky when it comes to my equipment....
    You can get $4k off some 2019s til Oct 30th- my guess is they will continue this. As far as late model purchase options; there should be a flood of trade ins once the 2020s hit the floor.

Spyder Garage

I am liking the looks of them, and some of the features like that rear trunk large enough for two large helmets, the coolers another neat thing also! But I really think my next one would be the f3L, just like the way you slip into the saddle instead of riding on top! I will rent one for a day and take a 200 miler and really see if I like it better than the rt before I jump!!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tFlooffi4k&t=1280s

A video I ran across talking about the new RT. Kind of hard to hear but he goes over it in pretty good detail.
    Wayne Bishop

2015 RT-S Special Series
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wrb3004 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tFlooffi4k&t=1280s

A video I ran across talking about the new RT. Kind of hard to hear but he goes over it in pretty good detail.
    Thanks for the video- every data point helps.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I am liking the looks of them, and some of the features like that rear trunk large enough for two large helmets, the coolers another neat thing also! But I really think my next one would be the f3L, just like the way you slip into the saddle instead of riding on top! I will rent one for a day and take a 200 miler and really see if I like it better than the rt before I jump!!!
    It would be interesting to know how similar these models mechanically (RT/F3L/RTL) are under all the plastic and which one has the best reliability

Spyder Garage

I like all the improvements meant to keep this old guy comfy. The runny gear same as my 2014 RTL so I'm sure they keep taking out bugs and mine had very few. We ordered our new 2020 RTL right after my dealer got back to Canada from launch with lots of photos and answers to my questions. Gave us a fair trade in as we had 86000 km since purchased in 2015. Also BRP added 2 more years best warranty and give me deal on the 3rd so now it comes with 5 year warranty. Ordered lower front light, drivers backrest and tail cover for when trunk off.
    Our Petrol blue metalic should be here in December but I'm ok with a little later. Ride most the year on the big island on west coast.
    Looking forward to many mikes of smiles.
    2020 RTL - Petrol Blue Metalic / Black, dark model.
    Colour match rear tail cover, Garmin GPS.
    Heated Ultra Comfort driver seat & backrest.
    LED headlamps, LED Front corner lamps and lower front LED lamp.
    Baja Ron sway bar.
    Ride Til You Rot!

Spyder Garage

Going to keep my '16 RT Ltd until they start to put in an on-road version of either their 1503cc or 1630cc engines.
    I find the 1330 engine has good grunt at low-end speeds, but wimps out when you approach or try to exceed around 150 Km/Hr.
    SuperDave_GPS
    Kingston, Ontario, Canada

"Rosie"
    2016 RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RTL1330 View Post
    I like all the improvements meant to keep this old guy comfy. The runny gear same as my 2014 RTL so I'm sure they keep taking out bugs and mine had very few. We ordered our new 2020 RTL right after my dealer got back to Canada from launch with lots of photos and answers to my questions. Gave us a fair trade in as we had 86000 km since purchased in 2015. Also BRP added 2 more years best warranty and give me deal on the 3rd so now it comes with 5 year warranty. Ordered lower front light, drivers backrest and tail cover for when trunk off.
    Our Petrol blue metalic should be here in December but I'm ok with a little later. Ride most the year on the big island on west coast.
    Looking forward to many mikes of smiles.
    Congrats on the purchase; that’s a great color.

Spyder Garage

I posted this in another thread.
    I bought the 2020 RTL in Anthracite.
    Driver Backrest; Additional LED in front; Luggage Rack; and GPS Mount. I intend to move my Garmin 590 over to the new bike.
    I also bought a nice Nelson Rigg bag to throw on the luggage rack.
    With long discussion and conference with the Remarkable Susan, I elected to pass on the passenger armrests. She prefers to wrap her arms around me !!
    I'm thinking after all this time the DESS and BRP Connect issues should be hammered out. The 1330 engine and 6 speed transmission are well defined by now.
    It looks like the F3 chassis with different body work and more creature comforts.
    I anticipate taking delivery in March. Of course, they're building the colors in campaigns, and the Anthracite is the last to be built. One advantage, they should have the bugs out of the production line by then. Another advantage, March is about the beginning of riding season here, so I won't be burning the warranty with the Spyder just sitting in the garage.
    It's yet to be determined what farkles will be needed, or even available. TricLED Lighting ?? BajaRon Sway Bar ? Air Horn ??
    Here are some videos. I know one of them was posted already

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqBt0C_BG4o
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJITlRHnpjs
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLWM1Fp4eNw&t
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3G19lLNhmY

Of course, I've said this before, as great as these machines are, BRP needs to improve their dealer network if they are to be more successful. I have to drive just over an hour to get to a reputable dealer. I know, some of you drive two or three times that. Still, it would be nice to have a dealer within a 30 minute drive
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

I came across a screaming deal in a 2015 yesterday, We're working out the details, but I figure I can spend the savings on other things..... excited. Now, I think I'll sit on the Harley until the spring....
    2018 RT , Blue