Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

pm sent
    USMC RETIRED

BLUE KNIGHTS NYV

2022 F3T Glacier Blue

Spyder Garage

I love that they claim two full size helmets in the trunk . I have been complaining about this for years . After all it is a tour machine and there are some people who travel with their spouse . Long over due . we will see .

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CentralCoastCA View Post
    I like the looks of them, but need to check out the larger frunk and side cases before selling my trusty 14 RT with 60k miles on her. I also like the lower seat height and optional top case.
    I think that you'll be disappointed in the side cases. The look bigger from the outside, and have "nice lines"; but the interior size looks to be no bigger than the side cases on your "trusty 14 RT". As much as I'd like the new design, I think there's way too much black plastic all over it, instead of paint. The only color that somewhat "hides" all of it is the Asphalt Grey. The other new colors just accentuate it. I'm leaning towards keeping my Pearl White '15 RT Limited with 16,000 miles on it(combination of a 6-7 month riding season+been trailering to destinations for the last two years) even though it's warranty expires 04/30/20. Granted @70, the seating position gets a little uncomfortable for a 6'3" rider, plus my wife is comfortable. She's not on the F3 Limited.
    2021 Marsala Red Metallic RT Limited

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've "built" an RT Limited in all the colors. Because of the "massive" amount of black plastic all over the new body, Anthraciite/Asphalt Grey is the only color that works well with all of it. No doubt BRP "cheapened the Chrome package(but charge the same$$$); but I like it on this color.
    Bet you can't wait
    Mike
    2021 Marsala Red Metallic RT Limited

Spyder Garage

I prefer the contrast - bright color with the black. Not a fan of chrome. I'd prefer if they had an Orange or Blue like the '19s.
    2014 RT-S Orange - LED headlights/driving lights, LED under mirror turns, LED brake/run lights along trunk and saddlebags, LED third brake light, LED turn bulb replacements, Magic Mirrors, Voltmeter, Oil PSI gauge, heated gear connection, BRP backrest, dash Mount USB plug, Lamonster belt tensioner, Baja Ron sway bar, NBV highway pegs, BRP arm rests M2 suspension.
    2014 RT-S , Orange

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kingz View Post
    Just wondering- We talked to a dealer about a preorder and they were only allowing $14,000 trade in for our 2016 RT Limited Special Series. It has 18,000 miles and is in excellent condition. Doesn’t that seem pretty low?
    Does not seem low to me. Don't forget, he has to sell it also. What did he knock off the new bike? Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by meerkat View Post
    I love that they claim two full size helmets in the trunk . I have been complaining about this for years . After all it is a tour machine and there are some people who travel with their spouse . Long over due . we will see .
    No need to wait and see, it is a reality. The trunk is basically the same as the top box on anF3L. I have actually put two full face helmets in the 2020 RT trunk. You lay them on their sides with the bottoms on the two helmets facing each other.
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Yes.
    Definitely.
    08 RS/SM5 (Hers) (sold)
    15 RT-S (Mine)
    2015 RT-S , Metallic Black

Spyder Garage

Default Mine is Pre-Ordered

Fell in love with the new design at first sight. But I'll miss the AM and weather radio and the larger 'glovebox'

Quote Originally Posted by Realtor View Post
    What are ya'll thinking of the new 2020's?
    https://can-am.brp.com/on-road/model...spyder-rt.html
    2020 RT-Limited , Petrol Metallic Chrome Edition

Spyder Garage

That is my thought also. As for being an early adopter, I got the 2014 RTL (first year for the 1330) and have had zero problems with it. My 2020 RTL should be at the dealer in January due to my early Pre-order. Ryde safe.
    2020 RT-Limited , Petrol Metallic Chrome Edition

Spyder Garage

I've watched all the video I can find on the 2020 RT Limited trying to decide if I want to upgrade:

What I like:

Better seating room, nice floor boards, nice two helmet "Trunk" and the phone connects up on top in an insulated glove box and a better sway bar. Ignition key is below the handle bars and not over the top.

What I don't think I like:

Too much cheap black on the lower where my RT is Chrome, no fog lights-not even as an option, very little chrome offered when you get the chrome package. [IE: chrome wheels are now just an outline around each opening, no chrome on the windshield, no chrome on the dash around the gauge, no chrome trim on the front area at all.

White, which was BRP's #1 choice of color world wide, is now a plain flat chalk! REALLY

No chrome on the backs of the mirrors. Now this is a painted area and exposed to bug damage!

Front turn signals are down on the fenders where the clearance lights were.

We lose the larger glove box that we had as a trade off for the smaller one.

Chrome on the side of the muffler is gone as are the chrome plates just above the floor boards but the "Chrome" package price is more than last year.

I suspect this is a marketing ploy! Make it plain this year, see how many buy just to get the new design and then in a few years BRP will start adding back the Chrome parts so we have to buy the better looking one!

Write that down and let's see if I'm right!

Dave C.
    2018 RT , White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Dave, good observations.

Spyder Garage

Dave, nice thoughts an description on the new RTL. I was interested in trading my 17' RTL with 6,000 mile in on one. Dealer said $13,000. he'd give me for mine. The more I looked at pics an videos on the new RTL the less I was impressed with it. Like you said mirrors, an lots of chrome missing and all the black plastic. I'l just keep mine an watch an see if they change the F3L in couple more yrs for the better. Led lights an shaft drive. If not I'l keep my RTL till Im done riding which Im hopeing will be a long time.

Spyder Garage

Yes, trade in value is where they like to "ding" you first.

Do remember, farkles of any type may show as being worth $X on the blue book sites, but in reality, they are worth about 10% to zero of what was paid for them.

Best to try and sell it to a private party instead of the big hit from most dealers.

Hint, hint, hint...the people on the site are very knowledgeable. The "magic selling price" should be between the wholesale and retail. The price which blue books call resale is usually $3K to $4K above wholesale. Most knowledgeable buyers are not going to jump on that either.

I see many ads posted at blue book, plus 50% for farkles. They get 500-1000 looks and no replies. The ones that sell are priced less mercenary.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I pay more for condition too.... saw one a while back, that the wheels and engine was pitted. condition is very, very important to me.... I searched, for several months, some would say I paid to much, but I got what I wanted, in the condition I wanted... If you feel good about the transaction, then its a success....
    2018 RT , Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Realtor View Post
    I pay more for condition too.... saw one a while back, that the wheels and engine was pitted. condition is very, very important to me.... I searched, for several months, some would say I paid to much, but I got what I wanted, in the condition I wanted... If you feel good about the transaction, then its a success....
    Your last line is right on.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I agree with completely with your “likes”, Dave, and will be seriously considering the new RT as a replacement for my 16 F3L.

On top of your -
    Better seating room, nice floor boards, nice two helmet "Trunk" and the phone connects up on top in an insulated glove box and a better sway bar. Ignition key is below the handle bars and not over the top.
    I would add (coming from an F3L) - adjustable windscreen, easily swappable handlebars, dirt road ready, bigger Frunk, quick release trunk I like the look of it blacked out, so that is also a bonus for me.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red