Spyder Garage

Default What's needed for 2012 RT Battery and Relay replacement?

My Battery is over 7 years old and as is still working without any issues. I have had to tap the relay in front of it 2 or 3 times in the past 3 months to get it to start.
    I don't want to chance getting stuck while am out so I plan to replace both to be on the safe side. I've seen videos on replacing the battery but not the relay that sits in front of it. Would anybody know if it is easy to replace the relay the same time I replace the battery? Are there additional parts on the bike which will need to be removed to get to the relay and any videos showing the relay replacement?
    Thanks,
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-10-2020 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Prefix & title

Spyder Garage

Are you talking about the starter solenoid in front of the battery? If so very easy to replace..done so twice..

Spyder Garage

I believe so, its a small 1.5 to 2 inch diameter canister that is located just forward of the battery.

Spyder Garage

yep that's it I replaced mine as it stuck in the on position..very easy and about $14 on Ebay

Spyder Garage

Completed battery and starter solenoid replacement this past Saturday in 2 1/2 hours. Did not have to remove the mirror to get to the rear panel.