Spyder Garage

Default Some early 3-wheel vehicle history

Came across a book a while back with some neat photos of vintage automobiles, including early 3-wheel 'cycle cars', as they were referred to. Thought others might also enjoy seeing some fore-runners of our modern day Slingshots and Spyders. "Veteran and Vintage Cars"; photo credits to B T Batsford Ltd., and The Viking Press, Inc.

lagonda0001.jpgA C Sociable0001.jpgDarmont-Morgan0001.jpg
    [SIGPIC]
    2017 F3 Ltd. Intense Red Pearl/Metallic Black topside
    2017 F3Limited , lowered brake pedal Intense Red Pearl w. Metallic Black topside

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks .....

Have a few myself ( pictures that is) and run across some at car events and rydes. After the debate with the introduction of the Slingshot they have now classified them as "Auto Cycles" to keep the motorcycle DOT specifications.... Nice pic's
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

In England and Europe, among other parameters, vehicles were taxed on the amount of wheels, hence a proliferation of 3 wheel cars.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

I keep telling people that Spyder's aren't "Reverse" trike, the GWs and Harley's are.
    2014 RT-S Orange - LED headlights/driving lights, LED under mirror turns, LED brake/run lights along trunk and saddlebags, LED third brake light, LED turn bulb replacements, Magic Mirrors, Voltmeter, Oil PSI gauge, heated gear connection, BRP backrest, dash Mount USB plug, Lamonster belt tensioner, Baja Ron sway bar, NBV highway pegs, BRP arm rests M2 suspension.
    2014 RT-S , Orange

Spyder Garage

Add to the list the Morgan Three Wheeler and the wonderfully unstable Reliant Robin.
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)