Spyder Garage

Default Recommendations on who to buy LED headlights from.

I'm ready to make a purchase for LED bulbs for both the headlights and foglights for my '16 Spyder RT Ltd.

I do NOT intend on making this thread spiral out of control into an advertiser/distributor issue, but merely seek some feedback on who to buy the LED bulbs from.

I live in Canada, yet have no issues with crossing the border to pick up mailed parcels from the American side of the border.
    I've pretty much narrowed my purchase choices down to either Lamonster Garage, or Value Accessories.

Pros/Cons of each (in my opinion):

Lamonster:
    Pros: Includes BOTH headlights and foglights as a low one-price kit.
    Cons: Looks like the installation requires cutting a groove out of plastic mounting frame, and zip-tying the ballast and connector outside of the cover.

Value Accessories:
    Pros: They say on their installation video that there is no requirement to cut a notch out of the frame for installation.
    Cons: Each set of bulbs is sold separately, which will make the cost more pricier than Lamonster's price.

Any suggestions/recommendations on either of these? (again, keep this respectful to all distributors).

Thanks everyone.
    SuperDave_GPS
    Kingston, Ontario, Canada

"Rosie"
    2016 RT Limited

Spyder Garage

I installed Lamonts lights, particularly because he tested them to prove they don't cause interference with the radio.
    Unfortunately, most LEDs cannot make the same claim.
    I had no problem with small slits in teh cover.
    The biggest problem is the right foglight. Reinstalling the cover, once the light has been replaced is, shall we be generous and say "tedious".
    Still it's doable, though some people have resorted to actually removing the front trunk. In my opinion, that's even more work.

15697427_1631461533826793_5642018978346836837_n.jpg
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I put TricLED units in mine. Everything goes inside the OEM housing but it's a tight fit and done wrong interferes with the high beam shutter mechanism. If I were to do it again, I'd go with the Lamonster solution.

The left fog light is a really difficult one to access regardless of whose product you go with.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

I finally switched to LEDs in July; purchased them from Tricled primarily because I did not want to modify the covers. I just tested them and they cause no interference with the radio, clear as a bell. It was the first time I have ever played the radio through the speakers because I use a Sena SMH10.

To amplify ThreeWheels' comment, the tough fog light is the right one if you are looking at the Spyder from the front of the vehicle; it's actually the left light. Yes, I removed the frunk because I just couldn't get the cover off with my large, arthritic hand but I've had it off several times and after the first attempt it's easy and not very time consuming at all. Also, when you install the headlights the Tricled instructions are very explicit about fitting the small driver into the light housing so you don't interfere with the movement of the low/high beam shutter. The right light was easy but the left one took a little careful maneuvering to get it properly placed.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I don't have them but I have seen some Lamonster LEDs and wow that is what I would go with and the price is good and you can't ask for better customer servicers before and after the sale. The best time to get stuff if you can wait is at Spyder events like the one in NY, SpyderQuest or in Ohio etc. They will even install them there when you buy them there. Good luck with your search.
    Last edited by CopperSpyder; 10-17-2019 at 10:46 AM.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Just got mine from Lamonster, they were shipped right away and it took longer to install the left fog light than it did to install the headlights and put everything back together. I see a lot better at night also with the LEDs. Best and only mod I have made so far to my 2019 RT Limited. I think the next mod will be to the seat.
    2019 RT Limited , Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I do not have LED's in my Spyder, I went with HID's and I'm very happy...If I were to do it today like I did 4 years ago I'd look at all my LED options...I have a 2018 Honda Ridgeline that has LED low beam factory headlights which are the best low beam headlights of any vehicle I've ever owned...This Ridgeline had halogen factory hi beam headlights which were poor...I tried 2,3 & 4 sided LED's from three different sources and the were all junk...I ended up putting aftermarket HID's in for the hi beams...Again very happy except for the short wait time for the HID's to warm up...Now I also own a second Honda vehicle, a 2019 Passport, again the 2019 Passport has the very best LED low beam headlights, and the poor halogen hi beams...So I started doing research again on finding "plug & play" Led's for the hi beams...I came across a company called "HEADLIGHT REVOLUTION"...Their contact person assured me that their V.4 LED's would do a better job than my HID's on my Ridgeline, be plug & play and I'd be 100% happy or they would do a refund and pay for the return...THEY WERE 100% CORRECT...THEIR LED's KICK A**...Go to their web site and watch their video...This company has spent the time and the money to do the testing...

Spyder Garage

Hi SuperDave

I would recommend that you look at TriCLedUSA.com.
    They are, from my point of view, the best when it comes to LED and their service is outstanding.
    Please review carefully their headlights and fog lights that do not require any cutting.
    Actually, the product from valueaccessories.net (which is also a good vendor) are coming from TriCLed. Those are definitively the best.
    That being said, there is Spyderzone.ca, a Canadian based company (in Quebec) that is associated with TriCLed for the Canadian market/customers.

Kind regards,
    Bernard
    Ride safe!

Spyder Garage

I got my headlight and fog light sets from SlingMods.com. Pricey but I like that they are 360 degrees vs. two sided.

Spyder Garage

SlingMods is one of Tricled's biggest distributors. I learned this when I was researching LEDs and Cindy at Tricled explained the business relationship.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

I ordered Lamonster's LED headlight and foglight and had someone install them on my '16 RTL. Been very happy with them, no complaints. But of course I didn't install them myself LOL
    2016 RTL "Boris"

Foam Grips
    Utopia Backrest
    BRP Passenger armrests
    Bajaron sway bar
    LED Bumpskid w/remote
    Belt guard
    BRT rear lighting w/strobe
    High mount BRT w/strobe
    Dual a-arm LEDs w/turn signals
    Multicolor underground Halo lighting
    LED headlights and foglights
    FOBO TPMS
    Techgripper phone holder
    Lidlox
    Dual USB with voltmeter
    Dakota Digital Compass/Clock/Altimeter/Temperature Gauge
    Vredestein Quatrac 5 175/55R15 - Fronts
    General Altimax RT43 215/60R15 - Rear

Spyder Garage

Spyderzone.ca is the Canadian dealer for TricLED.
    Joe is awesome to deal with and you can't go wrong with the 360 degree LED's! Lifetime warranty with NO hassles!
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac