Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

UtahPete….those do nothing....those screws only hold down the plastic bezel around the lights..

Spyder Garage

PinkRosePetal….first off I love Rule #2 ...SOOO damn true. Very funny. I think it was just concerning to me because my older ST didn't do this. The tires are 4 going on 5 years old and with only 13## miles, that is a lot of time sitting which I could see leading to flat spots. When I first noticed it I was getting on the highway for the first time, there was some wind beside doing 55-70 and it seems the fairing shook a lot, that is what lead me to check the bolts, they needed to be tightened. Since then I have still seem some shake at highway speeds even on somewhat smooth roads but usually when windy outside. As for side to side shake and not feeling planted...the bike feels planted and very easy to control.

Spyder Garage

Interesting post. I have had my 2012 RT for only about 800 miles. I did notice the shake even on smooth surfaces. I have installed new sway bar. Everything torqued to specs on that. Will try raising and lowering windshield and pay more attention to see if this helps. Didn't mean to try and steal this post.

Bob

Spyder Garage

Well,my 2 cents,

Tires will make a difference. I had to have my tires and wheels swapped out when new as it shook like an out of balance washing machine. Also have a vented wind shield with a Goldwing style vent. No turbulence or cowl shake.
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Had the same issue with my RT. Fitted quality car tyres & most of the shake '95%' disappeared.. As others have said, Kenda tyres are junk.

Spyder Garage

Sorry all...been refinishing the front of my house around the rain so I have not had time to do a ton of test riding and such....but I will be pulling the front wheel and throwing a balance on them to see if out....since it cost me nothing but then may just hit up some new fronts, they are cheap enough and sitting 5 years with almost no miles probably was not the best for these tires with weak sidewalls...

As for the swaybar and links...I notice that this RT handles curves way better than my ST did, the nanny goes off very little. With my ST...I updated the tires, did the sway bar and links, change the front shocks to fox adjustable and the more I did the worse the nanny was, to the point that I would hit corners and not enjoy them anymore because when the nanny when off it extremely upset the machine mid corner and would push me outward into the outside of the turn. When the RT nanny goes off you barely know it and doesn't unsettle bike...so at this time it will only mess with the tires...

Let you all know and thanks!!!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Something to consider..... the " nanny " detects "G" forces …. the stickier the tires the sooner your Spyder will achieve higher "G" forces and therefore trigger the nanny...… Unfortunately I have not seen any performance testing using accurate measuring devices…. So all the info is from " seat-of-the-pants " which has zero accuracy ……. Mike

Spyder Garage

So here's a silly question, stickier tires, would that not be the oem? They where out faster, are made for the lighter machine compared to a car

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mavrik View Post
    So here's a silly question, stickier tires, would that not be the oem? They where out faster, are made for the lighter machine compared to a car
    Absolutely.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Something to consider..... the " nanny " detects "G" forces …. the stickier the tires the sooner your Spyder will achieve higher "G" forces and therefore trigger the nanny...… Unfortunately I have not seen any performance testing using accurate measuring devices…. So all the info is from " seat-of-the-pants " which has zero accuracy ……. Mike
    Mike, in what way does the nanny detect G-force? Not winding you up, a serious question.
    Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
    Rule#1: Refer to rule #2.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PinkRosePetal View Post
    Mike, in what way does the nanny detect G-force? Not winding you up, a serious question.
    Thank you for not " winding me up " , …. However no explanation from me is going to satisfy You, so I won't waste my time on this ….. ride happy - ride safe ….. Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Thank you for not " winding me up " , …. However no explanation for me is going to satisfy You, so I won't waste my time on this ….. ride happy - ride safe ….. Mike
    Mike, PRP asked a serious question, and she isn't the only one interested in a serious answer. Thanks.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

So-------- What kind of sensor does the ( nanny ) use to detect " over zealous" cornering????? An IMU like high end sportbikes use perhaps?? Part of the ABS sensor system using different wheel speeds???

Inquiring minds want to know.

Lew L

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Uses a Yaw Rate Sensor.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

Thanks Snow,

So back to the question:
    Does adding better tires, shocks, and sway bar effect the rate at which the sensors have nanny ( YRS ) come into effect ?????? Or is it how smoothly the ryder makes those inputs happen???

After pondering drawing #2 another question pops up------It seem like the sensor inputs MAY be influenced by the ECM---- IF so can the be changed like a Stage 1 flash from Monster FI??????

Lew L

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lew L View Post
    Thanks Snow,

So back to the question:
    Does adding better tires, shocks, and sway bar effect the rate at which the sensors have nanny ( YRS ) come into effect ?????? Or is it how smoothly the ryder makes those inputs happen???

Lew L
    Lew, this is an interesting topic deserving of its own thread, I think. The original question had to do with cowl shake.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Lew, this is an interesting topic deserving of its own thread, I think. The original question had to do with cowl shake.
    Done and done.

Spyder Garage

hahahha...no worries been following these questions on the other thread....tires were good on balance so maybe just nature of these machines ….but I have not given up...haha