Spyder Garage

Default Parade decorations on my Spyder

Hi all, Some in our Spyder riding club would like to decorate their Spyder for a fun ride in a local Christmas parade. Has anyone had experience putting temporary decorations on their Spyder? What are the concerns? Pictures of decorated Spyders would be appreciated.

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

We did a parade a couple of years ago. I didn't go crazy, just added a rudolf nose and horns to the spyder. My buddy on the white RT went a little further.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

The primary concern for any vehicle that is in a parade is overheating. Spyder is designed to handle that a lot better than most motorcycles, but it should still be something you keep an eye on.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

Default Lets see....

Keep all air flow passages clear when decorating. The newer models have reverse fan switches so when slow or stopped they blow the air out of the engine compartment but still watch heat.
    There are small self contained battery operated lights for xmas you could string about and trim of holly etc from your local Micheals arts and craft stores will do the job nicely.... Pictures when you get her dolled up.....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    We did a parade a couple of years ago. I didn't go crazy, just added a rudolf nose and horns to the spyder. My buddy on the white RT went a little further.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

A decade ago I had a Wimbledon White HiPo 1966 Mustang----- took red ribbon paper and placed it diagonally across the whole car. A big candy cane. You could do the same with a white

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Probably not a big concern for you lot moving towards winter, but Christmas in Oz is often hot, sometimes VERY hot, and I discovered that the poly headlight 'glasses' really don't like very hot days & low air-flow! So I'd suggest that you NEVER stick anything on your headlight or fog light 'glass' - the holes melted in my headlights would've been much bigger than just thumb dia if I'd put those 'perforated placcy' eyes or any of the other commercially available 'headlight stickers' on them!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

If any of your members have the SE5 transmission, just be conscious of how slow you are going and the amount of clutch slippage that is occurring. Granted that the SE5 clutch was upgraded in 2013, but still, prolonged and continuous creeping along at parade speed, that is below the full lock up RPM of the clutch, could do some harm. Some folks have reported that they burned up their clutch in just one parade. Just be careful with it.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

I dressed Irish up for a Memorial Day parade. I purchased a few packages of the decals that you put on windows put them all over Irish, end of the day they just peeled off. Tied some red white and blue streamers as well. Unfortunately, I have no pictures.

Spyder Garage

There's often a way to have some fun and add a little humor to a parade .....

20190701_100638_HDR.jpg20190701_100814_HDR.jpg

Photos from a Canada Day parade, 1 July 2019. I pulled my trailer and went last in a group of Spyders (with a few Harley/GW guests). Old Show Biz saying: "Leave 'em laughing!"
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIGPIC]
    2017 F3 Ltd. Intense Red Pearl/Metallic Black topside
    2017 F3Limited , lowered brake pedal Intense Red Pearl w. Metallic Black topside

Spyder Garage

Thank you all for your comments and information.
    While reviewing these comments it seems to me that my 2013 ST Limited should only be a spectator at the parade. After reading the comments I went to an unused parking lot and drove at parade speed and could feel the clutch slip and engage. “Trixy” will sit on the sideline this year.
    Frenchbz

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Most of the parades I've been in are evening light parades. I use tiny binder clips to hole tinsel, decorations and lights to the edges of the windshield and anywhere else that has an edge. I use scotch tape (or you can use tiny tie wraps) to attach things to flat areas. Make sure you can ride the bike, turn it and stop safely. Glow sticks are also fun. Colored cellophane works to color the headlights as I've not found a way to shut them off. Do not cover them as they get hot. Most parades request that you not dress up as Santa as there is only one but dressing up as an elf or your favorite toy.

1326587F-32D9-4626-8A59-62E0F4C60FA2_1_105_c.jpg BA673541-9B11-4830-A130-9B7FAC2C2D8F_1_201_a.jpg
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

I was in a Memorial Day parade and decorated my Spyder with the patriotic stick-ons that you put on windows. I found them at the Dollar Store and placed them all over the Spyder. I also tied some streamers on the handlebars and the passenger arm rests. The stick ons peel off and leave no residue, I just untied the streamers.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Not exactly what you are looking for but this is what I did for a historical parade in 2014 with my 2013 RT SE5. The route was 1 mile and about 1 hour long. Had no problems at all with the clutch. Put it in neutral a lot.

2014 parade 1.jpg

2014 parade 3.jpg

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)