Spyder Garage

Default Brake Failure Reset

While riding my 2008 GS at Maggie Valley the “brake failure” warning scrolled across my dash. I checked for the code and it showed O C 1282. I added a slight amount of Dot 4.

I park it in my garage and there is no sign of leakage. I cannot get the brake failure to clear.

I tried both of the following several times:
    Turn key on and wait for the screen to finish booting up. Press the brake pedal hard enough to activate the low pressure switch. If you have good hearing it will be the 2nd click. While holding the brake pedal down. Turn the ignition key off and wait 30 seconds. Release the brake pedal.

Turn on the key and wait until system is fully booted up.
    Press the brake peddle for the 2 clicks.
    While holding the brake peddle turn the key off but this time before it fully shuts down, turn the key back on.

Is there any other way to clear it besides taking it to a dealer?

Spyder Garage

Error code C1282 is a low pressure detected code.

First look for leaks, if there are none, it indicates either old contaminated brake fluid (most likely) or a failing master cylinder. (not likely but possible).

The brake system is supposed to be flushed and bleed every 2 years. This is the nanny complaining that it was not done.

Full system flush and bleed is in order here. Then reset the code while in BUDS and should be good to go.
    Yes, you need BUDS to do the full job and reset the code. If you are going to work on the bike, you need the tools or take it to some one that does.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame