Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Batmobil-F3 View Post
    All those who have a job (pension), are decently paid, are healthy, maintain stable friendships and live in peace have, in my opinion, more than most people in this world. I enjoy my life, not the things I own. Things can only enrich life if I am satisfied with myself.
    It appears that you are satisfied with yourself, and are enjoying your life, but you don't enjoy the things that you own. I would think that if a thing enriches your life that you would be enjoying it. But, that's just my opinion.

Spyder Garage

The message I took away from Rogue's original post has nothing to do whether he is happy with his current stature in life. It's just Rogue's way of initiating conversation, which appears he has succeeded at.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    You have quite the restraint with 3 moto's.

I guess restraint is just a matter of perspective.
    I am one of the fortunate people who can afford three vehicles. I'm not frugal to the point I drive a 75' Nova and live in a hut. But I have thought about that; I have no right to be jealous. I have some fine toys and I should be grateful. I need to keep that in mind the next time a Lexus parks next to me.
    2019 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

If you don't live below your means, eventually you'll end up living below a bridge..... ...... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Early on I subscribed to Dave Ramsey's method of getting debt free. I found being in debt very stressful, based on the instability in the job market and world financial situation. Mr. Ramsey wrote a profound book, and using his methodology (even before his method was named) I paid off everything I own. Now I pay cash for what I can afford, and I do enjoy a new toy every now and again. Just remember, we're all going to bite it one day, and we don't want to make Uncle Sugar fat. Boomers are going away fast. My though is, as long as your family is secured now and in the future, everybody is fed and housed, why not? If it's within the budget, I say go for it.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have a 2005 Nissan Maxima with 115,000 miles on it. It still runs good and does what I need it to. But, the paint on it has deteriorated and it needs a paint job, but they are expensive. A good paint job will cost as much, if not double, what the car would be worth after painting, so I keep putting it off. So why not buy a newer car? I'd like to but the way I view it, my choice is do I want to drive really nice car today, or buy groceries ten years from now! One's current level of spending often reflects their expectation for the future. I like the sign, "I'm spending my children's inheritance." But I sure hope the inheritance I leave them is not a negative bank account!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I live happy with the thought my wife & i have achieved our savings goal and when retirement comes we will have more time & money to play.
    Riding & overseas travel are what we want in retirement without worrying about how we will pay for it.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    I have a 2005 Nissan Maxima with 115,000 miles on it. It still runs good and does what I need it to. But, the paint on it has deteriorated and it needs a paint job, but they are expensive. A good paint job will cost as much, if not double, what the car would be worth after painting, so I keep putting it off. So why not buy a newer car? I'd like to but the way I view it, my choice is do I want to drive really nice car today, or buy groceries ten years from now! One's current level of spending often reflects their expectation for the future. I like the sign, "I'm spending my children's inheritance." But I sure hope the inheritance I leave them is not a negative bank account!
    IMS, a long time ago I had a car painted at a H.S. automotive shop class ….. for the price of paint & materials …. they did a really nice job ……. good luck …. Mike