Spyder Garage

Default Newbie Question- National Association?

Is there a national association that Can-Am road riders align with for national events, monthly magazines, legislative issues etc?

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The only one for just Spyders that I know of is US Spyder Riders there are many other groups but they are for all motorcycles such as AMA ect. You can do a search for them to find out more information. The best all around forum and place for information bar none is right here SpyderLovers.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CopperSpyder View Post
    The only one for just Spyders that I know of is US Spyder Riders there are many other groups but they are for all motorcycles such as AMA ect. You can do a search for them to find out more information. The best all around forum and place for information bar none is right here SpyderLovers.
    Thanks; I do find this forum most helpful.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AVBIZ View Post
    Is there a national association that Can-Am road riders align with for national events, monthly magazines, legislative issues etc?
    No there is not. This forum is it.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Ryders of America is a National association of Spyder Ryders. Headquartered in San Diego California. You can find information at http://www.spyderryderofamerica.com/
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    No there is not. This forum is it.
    There are 2 national umbrella organizations for those who want to form a local chapter. One is US Spyder Riders (USSR) headquartered in Florida. The other, older one is Spyder Riders of America (SRA), headquartered in San Diego. They each have chapters throughout the USA of varying sizes and success. There are also many independent (but well organized in most cases) Spyder riding groups throughout the country.

Neither of the umbrella organizations sponsors national events or has a commanding presence in the Spyder community. They have no coordination with each other. That is why I maintain there is not a national organization for the Spyder community like there is for Goldwings and BMWs.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

US Spyder Ryders is at .............
    www.usspyderryders.com

O. J.
    Ridin' "Lucille", the MusicMaker
    a 2017 F3 Limited (Pure Magnesium Metallic)
    Wife, Jan, riding "Ruby Jane"
    a 2016 F3-T (Intense Red Pearl)
    2017 F3-Limited , Magnesium (light grey)

Spyder Garage

I belong to the GWRRA Chapter L in Rome, GA. I was a member of the SRA but they quit doing anything. A bunch of riders out of Birmingham broke off to form the Dixie Spyder Riders of which I’m a member. They are pretty active over there.
    You will find a lot of Spyders at the Gold Wing conventions as they welcome all makes of motorcycles.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cavman View Post
    I belong to the GWRRA Chapter L in Rome, GA. I was a member of the SRA but they quit doing anything. A bunch of riders out of Birmingham broke off to form the Dixie Spyder Riders of which I’m a member. They are pretty active over there.
    You will find a lot of Spyders at the Gold Wing conventions as they welcome all makes of motorcycles.
    Yep, Jan and I are members of the GWRRA local chapter (Arkansas Eagle Wings, has 120 members). We joined them first after moving here over 2 yrs ago, even though we didn't own Hondas, and they were, and are, great people ("you meet the nicest people on a Honda"). They ride every week and loved having "any brand" motorcycle riding with them. We were actually convinced to join by one of their officers, who only rides Harleys! It's mostly Hondas & GWs, but we have Spyders, Harleys, Triumphs, BMWs, Suzukis and even 3 scooters (one of which rides every ride we do)! Now almost 3 yrs later, both of us are officers in the GWRRA chapter, and we both ride Spyders.
    The US Spyder Ryders - Central Arkansas didn't get started until a little over a year ago, so we joined them as well (and are both officers in that chapter as well). Sooo, Jan and I keep very busy with our motorcycle riding, and we love it. We are hoping to build the Spyder chapter up to a nice group (we have 27 members so far).
    So find any motorcycle group (except Harley clubs, they don't allow other brands), and most likely they would love to have you ride with them. Good luck and enjoy!

O. J.
    Ridin' "Lucille", the MusicMaker
    a 2017 F3 Limited (Pure Magnesium Metallic)
    Wife, Jan, riding "Ruby Jane"
    a 2016 F3-T (Intense Red Pearl)
    2017 F3-Limited , Magnesium (light grey)

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

YES the AMA
    American Motorcyclist Assoc.
    call 1-800-AMA- join