Spyder Garage

Default First Road Trip Complete! MPG included

First road trip complete! About 700miles round trip. I had no issues whatsoever (except some cold hands towards the end as it got a bit chillier than I had expected.)

Mileage wasn't too bad, I posted the numbers below for those who may be interested. I can't wait until I can hit the road again, though I may wait until the new wheel nuts get installed. I don't want to push my luck!

For the gas milage, the numbers were better when I played it more conservative (55-65), when I decided to push it a bit 75/80+, it wasn't near as good, but soooo worth it...lol. I would have like to test it's max because even at 90, I had throttle left.

109.7 mi @ 3.903 gal (28.10 mpg)
    123.4 mi @ 31.181 gal (38.79 mpg)
    82.2 mi @ 2.162 gal (38.02 mpg)
    78.5 mi @ 2.643 gal (29.70 mpg)
    64.1 mi @ 2.546 gal (25.17 mpg) - I was ready to be home as it was coooold...lol)

I filled up at shorter stints on the back end because I was on the back roads in the middle of nowhere and cotton/peanut fields don't supply fuel. I wonder if that had to do with the lower mpg calculations? Either way I had a blast!

trip.jpg

total.jpg
    2020 Rally Edition , Yellow/Black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Well you are breaking in a New machine ….. MY 14 RT was giving about 33 MPG for the first 2000mi., then things began to improve .... now I average btwn 38-39 mpg, depending on how twisty the roads I've been traveling on. … I'm sure your Ryker will get better as the total miles increase ….. thanks for the info ….. Mike

Spyder Garage

Nice report, as far as mpg goes Ryker will get better. I have 2019 Rally 2300 miles it will be month old this Friday. On my last 2 fill ups I am averaging 42 mpg in sport mode.