Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Back when I had a '14 RT, the dealer replaced the DESS. If you can, before buying a used one, have a dealer hook it up to the BRP computer they all have and it will tell you what updates have been done/need to be done. If seller won't allow that, I'd be Leary of the deal.
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Spyder Garage

I agree strongly with Ted. I also second the recommendation to shop for a B.E.S.T. extended warranty, particularly is you're looking at an '18 or '19 with the parking brake problems they've had. As far as the '14 RT is concerned, other than my parking brake motor failing to hold when it was set and was replaced at 9K under warranty, I have rolled 62+K on the clock with no problems. As far as the audio system is concerned, I've had a Sena SMH10 from the get go and have never even tested bike's the speakers.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

went to see that Spyder, bottom line, it was NOT for me.... still looking....
    2018 RT , Blue

Spyder Garage

I was just wondering if the 2016 F3 touring spyder that appears in this forum in the link below would be of interest to you. I am no salesmen and I collect no commission but if I lived in the USA I would be seriously looking at that one even though I like the RT Limited. Not sure if this link will work.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...loaded!-13-950
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-16-2019 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Fixed link

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Deadass View Post
    I was just wondering if the 2016 F3 touring spyder that appears in this forum in the link below would be of interest to you. I am no salesmen and I collect no commission but if I lived in the USA I would be seriously looking at that one even though I like the RT Limited. Not sure if this link will work.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...loaded!-13-950
    Thats a nice looking machine, but I am looking of r a RT or RTL, simply because of the comport issue. really like the foot boards and the larger comport. Plan on riding distance from time to time, besides, I'm in Florida, thats in Las Vegas. Thanks for the notice on that though.
    2018 RT , Blue

Spyder Garage

I just made the switch, after years riding a series of two wheel bikes (A Honda Shadow, Yamaha Star1300, Harley FXDC and most recently a Yamaha Venture S)... I bought my 2018 RT Limited online (dealer demo) and rode it home 1400km having never so much as sat on a RT before. I am now at about 2200km and finally am starting to feel comfortable. You may at first wonder what the hell you did buying it, but it will quickly grow on you.

You can't get there from here....

Mods and Tweaks:
    Showcrome Trunk Rack
    Showcrome LED Trunk Light
    Garmin 390LM
    Spyderzone Floating Hiway Boards
    Spyderzone Mount Dash Bracket
    BajaRon Antisway Bar
    Showcrome full-size brake pedal
    Spyder-2-Go Driver Cup holder
    Ram X phone mount
    SpyderExtras 12 volt Docking Station
    BRP Driver Backrest
    Monster 4K Action Camera
    Spyderzone LED Fender Mount Spotlights
    CASA LED Headlights and Foglights
    2018 RT Limited , Ashphalt Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Northofthesix View Post
    I just made the switch, after years riding a series of two wheel bikes (A Honda Shadow, Yamaha Star1300, Harley FXDC and most recently a Yamaha Venture S)... I bought my 2018 RT Limited online (dealer demo) and rode it home 1400km having never so much as sat on a RT before. I am now at about 2200km and finally am starting to feel comfortable. You may at first wonder what the hell you did buying it, but it will quickly grow on you.
    My wife has a 2018, I've ridden it a good bit. I'm ready to get off the HD....
    2018 RT , Blue