Spyder Garage

Default 2017 Spyder RT Parking Brake sticking

My parking brake switch will not turn off the brake and when I push the toggle switch, the warning light goes from blinking to solid. When I shut off the key, the warning signal goes off for about 15 times and then stops. How do I disengage the brake so I can load the bike?

Spyder Garage

Please do a search hereon and you'll see the how to solution has been discussed a number of times.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BriGuy View Post
    My parking brake switch will not turn off the brake and when I push the toggle switch, the warning light goes from blinking to solid. When I shut off the key, the warning signal goes off for about 15 times and then stops. How do I disengage the brake so I can load the bike?
    Here's what I posted on another thread yesterday: My 2018 RT LTD did this at about 6500 miles, just as we were leaving on a an 800 mile trip. I disconnected the cable with the above mentioned 12mm wrenches, threw some small blocks of wood in the frunk for chocks, and proceeded with the trip. About half way through the trip, it started working again, so I re-connected the cable. It worked fine for the remainder of the trip, but occurred a couple more times after we got home. I took it to the dealer, and they replaced the cable and servo motor under the factory warranty.

Spyder Garage

Thank you.

Spyder Garage

Mine did that a few times at 600 miles it left me stuck. As other have said 12 mm wrenches and pull the bake cable and be sure to chock. My solution was they had
    to replace a faulty switch.
    To be continued....

Spyder Garage

On my 2018 RTL they initially replaced the left handlebar switch pack (it's all one big conglomerate of switches) and it made it a shade over 2 months and 1258 miles until the gremlin reappeared. It has now been diagnosed as the parking brake motor. As of today, waiting on parts has been about a week. This is the strongest argument for not leaving your bike at the dealership if it's rideable as the waiting on parts plus getting the tech scheduled can take 2 weeks to a month.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.