Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Seat advice needed

I recently purchased a F3 Ltd and went for my first long ride (about 400 miles round trip) on it over the weekend. The first couple of hours I was ok but then my stock seat started causing me a good deal of pain. The ridge in the seat that starts about 4 1/2 inches from the front and continues to the front of the seat was causing pain in the area between anus and genitals. Has anyone else had this issue and if so what was the fix? I have had several motorcycles in the past and have not experienced this issue. I love my spyder but I have to get this issue resolved. Any advice is much appreciated and thank you in advance.
    2019 F3 Ltd , Blue

Spyder Garage

Try the “air hawk R Cruiser Large”. At Walmart.com for $ 106.00. If it don’t work you can return it, I have the same bike and can easily do a700 mile day with the air hawk. If it don’t work..... you have lost nothing

Cruzr joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

I second that on the Air hawk R. The secret is to not put too much air in the seat.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

I installed Motorcycle Dave's gel pad and it helped a lot.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Laamseats.com
    Get one custom made to fit you. Best investment ever!
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the suggestions. I ordered the airhawk and I hope it works out. Fixin the issue for $100 would be great.
    2019 F3 Ltd , Blue

Spyder Garage

I have air hawk also, you don't need much air at all, it will look like there is hardly in it. If there is too much you will hate and think it's no good. Very little air

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rab1951 View Post
    I recently purchased a F3 Ltd and went for my first long ride (about 400 miles round trip) on it over the weekend. The first couple of hours I was ok but then my stock seat started causing me a good deal of pain. The ridge in the seat that starts about 4 1/2 inches from the front and continues to the front of the seat was causing pain in the area between anus and genitals. Has anyone else had this issue and if so what was the fix? I have had several motorcycles in the past and have not experienced this issue. I love my spyder but I have to get this issue resolved. Any advice is much appreciated and thank you in advance.
    Have owned 2016 F3-T and now 2018 RT Limited both seats are swayback male genital crushers... couldn't ride more than 200 miles without excruciating pain. The Airhawk was an improvement but replacement is a must for longer rides. I am having my RT seat modified by local shop with lots of motorcycle seat modification experience with extra padding that removes OEM swayback design, around $150. The Russel custom Spyder seat was the most comfortable I ever sat on but it comes at a price, around $1K but others that are almost as comfortable come in around $500-$700. A price you have to pay to get rid of OEM crap.
    2018 RT Limited Spyder , Garmin Zumo GPS, Battery tender wire harness Show Chrome brake pedal extender Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

I second the Air Hawk with very little air, just enough to keep my heinie from contacting the stock seat, a technique I learned while camping with an air mattress.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for tips on the air hawk. its scheduled to be delivered on Monday. Im looking forward to giving it a try.
    2019 F3 Ltd , Blue

Spyder Garage

Sending my seat off to Laamseats.com next week!
    USAF MSgt, Retired
    2018 F3 Intense Red
    Squared Away Lasar alignment, TricLED Headlights, Foglights,Safety Bundle with Turn Module, BajaRon Sway Bar,Squared Away Mirror Wedges, Stebel Air Horn, Dash Turn Indicators, TricLED USA Flag
    2018 F3L , Intense Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I had various brands of seats for my RS and F3 nothing worked better then the Airhawk and much cheaper

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

One trick is to switch seats every fuel stop. Airhawk then switch to nothing (then if you have a gel pad switch to it) then back to the air hawk. that should cover long rides.
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

That is common with the seats I can help you with that and not brake the bank
    Give me a call 9AM to 8PM pacific time 209-887-3283
    Dave

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

How about fixing the problem for $79.95 ?

Thanks for the suggestions. I ordered the airhawk and I hope it works out. Fixin the issue for $100 would be great.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post
    That is common with the seats I can help you with that and not brake the bank
    Give me a call 9AM to 8PM pacific time 209-887-3283
    Dave
    Dave,. Where are you located?

Spyder Garage

Hell, Using a 10% coupon code and $10 Amazon gift card, I ordered this for $23. It will arrive tomorrow. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I also have a Speedmetal air seat pad (Cycle Gear $15 clearance) that I will use on it. We shall see ...

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

I bought an Air Hawk after a 10 hour trip this year...WHAT A DIFFERENCE. This along with my Alaskan Leather "sheepskin" cover I can ride 10 hours with no pain. Make the buy, you wont regret it.

Spyder Garage

I have tried a Cannonball seat, didn't like it and sold it. Tried a Russell seat (had one on each of my two previous bikes), didn't like it and sold it. I went to the Ultimate seat and LOVE it. Did 425, 450 and 850 miles in three consecutive days with absolutely no problems. My wife liked it enough to get one for her F3L.

Just my experience. My wife did try the Air Hawk and said that wasn't going to work for her.

You're the only one who can decide what is best for you.
    Dave....

2016 Red/Black F3T w/ Audio
    Bajha Ron Swaybar, BRP driving lights
    F4 Windshield, Ultimate Tallboy Seat
    BRP Passenger Backrest
    Custom Dynamics fender lights
    Tricled Rear Bag lights w/ Flashing Brake Modulator
    Wolo Horn, Lamonster's Bungee Buttons
    Spyderpops Bumper Skid

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Yeochips View Post
    I bought an Air Hawk after a 10 hour trip this year...WHAT A DIFFERENCE. This along with my Alaskan Leather "sheepskin" cover I can ride 10 hours with no pain. Make the buy, you wont regret it.
    I still have the same combo's. Used both a lot when I had the hip issues. Now, happily, both are still available to use...but not needed.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

My Air Hawk got here today. I was able to get out for a couple of hours on it and it is much better than the stock seat. I had no pain. I dont think it will be my permanent solution but for now its going to help a lot. As others have suggested it only needs a little air to do its job.
    2019 F3 Ltd , Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlebars View Post
    One trick is to switch seats every fuel stop. Airhawk then switch to nothing (then if you have a gel pad switch to it) then back to the air hawk. that should cover long rides.
    & eats up valuable storage space

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    Hell, Using a 10% coupon code and $10 Amazon gift card, I ordered this for $23. It will arrive tomorrow. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I also have a Speedmetal air seat pad (Cycle Gear $15 clearance) that I will use on it. We shall see ...
    My air cushion arrived yesterday afternoon, and on it went. This air pad does not come with a cover, and is meant to be sat on direct. The air cells have a nylon type coating for durability, without being slippery. The kit comes with a pump/tube to actually fill with water, as you would with air. The air pad/supplied elastic straps fit the F3 seat perfectly. The inflation valve is positioned out of the way of any seat/butt contact. I also put the Speedmetal vent cover over the top of the air cushion. Aesthetically, not the greatest with the vent pad installed, but a short spin showed that it has nice possibilities. Heck, the air cushion can be had for $34. We shall see....
    Attached Images Attached Images

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MNBK View Post
    I have tried a Cannonball seat, didn't like it and sold it. Tried a Russell seat (had one on each of my two previous bikes), didn't like it and sold it. I went to the Ultimate seat and LOVE it. Did 425, 450 and 850 miles in three consecutive days with absolutely no problems. My wife liked it enough to get one for her F3L.

Just my experience. My wife did try the Air Hawk and said that wasn't going to work for her.

You're the only one who can decide what is best for you.
    I don't want to be a highjacker, but can someone tell me the difference between the Cannonball and Coast-to-Coast F3 seats.
    When I bought my 2016 F3L Special Series it had a Mustang seat but didn't like it so much, I bought a Coast-to-Coast and I'm not sure it's my forever seat!!
    Any Thoughts would be appreciated!!
    Phatjac

2015 F3s - sold
    2016 RTS - sold
    2016 F3 Ltd Special Series
    2016 RTS (wife's)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Phatjac View Post
    I don't want to be a highjacker, but can someone tell me the difference between the Cannonball and Coast-to-Coast F3 seats.
    When I bought my 2016 F3L Special Series it had a Mustang seat but didn't like it so much, I bought a Coast-to-Coast and I'm not sure it's my forever seat!!
    Any Thoughts would be appreciated!!
    I have the Coast to Coast seats and the honest difference between the two is just the stitching. I'm in the process of looking for some better seats though. Don't get either one. Look elsewhere - my humble opinion.