Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrain047 View Post
    I have the Coast to Coast seats and the honest difference between the two is just the stitching. I'm in the process of looking for some better seats though. Don't get either one. Look elsewhere - my humble opinion.
    Having had the stock, the Cannonball and the Coast to Coast, I couldn’t agree more, Blackrain ..... but.....Martin the Vlogger just replaced his stock seat with a Cannonball and loves it. What works for one bum will not work for another........which is why I always recommend forgetting the seat trials and going straight to a custom built seat that the builder “guarantees” will solve your issue.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MNBK View Post
    I have tried a Cannonball seat, didn't like it and sold it. Tried a Russell seat (had one on each of my two previous bikes), didn't like it and sold it. I went to the Ultimate seat and LOVE it. Did 425, 450 and 850 miles in three consecutive days with absolutely no problems. My wife liked it enough to get one for her F3L.

Just my experience. My wife did try the Air Hawk and said that wasn't going to work for her.

You're the only one who can decide what is best for you.
    Haven't seen you in Person since I bought my F3 Dave. I put an Ultimate on it at Sturgis. Hands down the best seat I have had.
    BKMNI
    RWP!
    2018 F3 Limited
    Intense Red Pearl

2015 Harley Davidson
    FLRT "Freewheeler"
    Vivid Black

2018 F3 Limited Dark , Stock Intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    Hell, Using a 10% coupon code and $10 Amazon gift card, I ordered this for $23. It will arrive tomorrow. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I also have a Speedmetal air seat pad (Cycle Gear $15 clearance) that I will use on it. We shall see ...
    Tried the Hommie seat cushion, fair rating definitely not as good as an Airhawk

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

I started having some butt pain and ordered an airhawk. The first time I went out on it felt fantastic, I followed instructions and sat on it while deflating until I sunk in. The 2nd time I went out was a different story. I felt like I was sliding all over the place, and generally was not comfortable. I also felt like there was no air in it at all. Perhaps there was a leak?

It just came to me that maybe I need to adjust the straps tighter. Since I was comfortable on it the first time I'm not ready to give up on it, but probably need to make a few more adjustments.
    2016 RTL "Boris"

Foam Grips
    Utopia Backrest
    BRP Passenger armrests
    Bajaron sway bar
    LED Bumpskid w/remote
    Belt guard
    BRT rear lighting w/strobe
    High mount BRT w/strobe
    Dual a-arm LEDs w/turn signals
    Multicolor underground Halo lighting
    LED headlights and foglights
    FOBO TPMS
    Techgripper phone holder
    Lidlox
    Dual USB with voltmeter
    Dakota Digital Compass/Clock/Altimeter/Temperature Gauge
    Vredestein Quatrac 5 175/55R15 - Fronts
    General Altimax RT43 215/60R15 - Rear

Spyder Garage

For what it is worth, here is what I have found after 20 years of searching for comfortable seats, and finding the solution some 15 years ago.
    Have a look at your car bucket seats, in which I imagine you are comfortable for extended periods. See how wide they are, and probably with a raised section on each side. This provides support under the outer thighs. This is the same theory that companies like Daylong use to guarantee long term comfort......see photo below.
    C5D783EB-CA2F-4373-A7B9-94BB8F51A5A6.jpg

Now have a look at the Cannonball seat laid on top of the Daylong. It does NOT have that additional thigh support. This is why it works for some people and not others. Also attached are a couple of photos of an Airhawk Large, laid over both the Cannonball and Daylong seats. It hangs well over the Cannonball, and is not as wide as the Daylong. That is why IT works for some people and not others, as it effectively pushes air out from the centre to raise the outer edges and act as a type of outer thigh support. It is however, not as wide as the Daylong wings.
    C1657693-F7E7-47CE-8602-7A0238EBC3A5.jpg
    462C7F36-F9D8-478C-99AE-63BFDB7C192A.jpg
    36E3A5F0-1DF6-4BB1-820A-F44DEFB2037D.jpg

Even the likes of Ultimate, Mustang and Corbin do not provide support under the outer thigh, which is why they work for some and not others.

Sure, Daylongs and similar custom seats can be expensive, and perhaps ugly, but I can live with that as they give all day comfort.

DB5A23D0-3998-4818-9F61-5FF36F053C5B.jpg

I hope this info is of some value to those looking at sourcing aftermarket seats

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

I took the upholstery cover off my stock seat and trimmed the heck out f my stock set to make room for the jewels and added daves gel set. On seat in the seat and have room for my pieces parts...great results. Its very easy to take off the seat cover and do what ever you need to do with an electric knife to the seat foam and the staple the cover back on.

Spyder Garage

You'll be glad you did.

Spyder Garage

I have no experience with Dave's or Russell Day Long (?) seats, but I can say that the Ultimate seats are the best I've sat on thus far. Expensive, but worth it. My wife has one and she's always wondering why I'm always 2-Up passenger on the back of hers! LOL

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrain047 View Post
    I have no experience with Dave's or Russell Day Long (?) seats, but I can say that the Ultimate seats are the best I've sat on thus far. Expensive, but worth it. My wife has one and she's always wondering why I'm always 2-Up passenger on the back of hers! LOL
    Great to see that the Ultimate is working for you and your wife, Blackrain ....... if you can find that perfect bum/seat match, days in the saddle become an absolute joy

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    Hell, Using a 10% coupon code and $10 Amazon gift card, I ordered this for $23. It will arrive tomorrow. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I also have a Speedmetal air seat pad (Cycle Gear $15 clearance) that I will use on it. We shall see ...
    I think I'll get one of those. Thanks for the link. I will use one in my Lexus when I seasonally tow my bike south and north. I can keep my air hawk in the bike folded. Sweet! My air hawk was purchased in 1996 and still performs perfectly.
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

How much air to put in one of these air cushions. Not much. If you fold it in half bubble side out it takes up very little storage space.
    AirHawk.jpg
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

I third that! add an Alaskan Leather sheepskin cover on that and 10 plus day is nothing.