Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Insurance on 2019 Spyder

I could not believe the increase on my insurance from 2015 RT SE6 to a 2019 RT Limited SE6. My insurance last year with full cover was $284.20. That was for one year. ON this 2019 for one year is $614.30. I have not called them yet but there must be some mistake. Below is what I have on the 2015 and what was quoted on the 2019.

Bodily Injury $250,000/5000,000
    Property Damage Liability $100,000
    Uninsured Motorist $250,000/500,000
    Underinsured Motorist $250,000/500,000
    Comprehensive (deductive) $250
    Collision (deductive) $250
    Custom Parts & Equipment $3,000
    Roadside Assistance
    Is the above about what most people carry?
    2021 RT Limited
    Asphalt Grey
    Lamonster RT phone mount
    Sena SMH-10
    Lamonster Belt Tensioner w/ larger roller
    Spyderpops Missing Belt Guard
    Garmin's GPS

Spyder Garage

You are going to a 4 MY year newer vehicle.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Mr. gerald37,
    As JayBros says, new model penalty. But take time to shop around. I found a good price at Dairyland, which seems to have a decent reputation. I was with Markel (Bikeline), but they were twice the price of Dairyland so I dropped them.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    You are going to a 4 MY year newer vehicle.
    ... are both spyders valued the same --- NO … your new one is worth twice as much as your old …. but I think the increase was abit too much …. check Dairyland & Four-Most …… good luck …. Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I expected about a $200.00 increase but not $330.00. I know the replacement cost would be much more. I have a 2018 Ford Edge Limited and that is about the same as I am paying for insurance on it.
    2021 RT Limited
    Asphalt Grey
    Lamonster RT phone mount
    Sena SMH-10
    Garmin's GPS

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I just filled out a quote on the Dairyland's website and it made the quote and I printed it out. I just cannot believe the price. The quote is for the same amounts as I have quotes from Safeco Insurance. Safeco's quote was $614.30 for one year. Dairyland is $255.80 and if paid in full today it is $237.92 for the year. I tried to call them but cannot talk to anyone until tomorrow. I know nothing about Dairyland Insurance has anyone on here had dealings with them?
    2021 RT Limited
    Asphalt Grey
    Lamonster RT phone mount
    Sena SMH-10
    Garmin's GPS

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gerald37 View Post
    I just filled out a quote on the Dairyland's website and it made the quote and I printed it out. I just cannot believe the price. The quote is for the same amounts as I have quotes from Safeco Insurance. Safeco's quote was $614.30 for one year. Dairyland is $255.80 and if paid in full today it is $237.92 for the year. I tried to call them but cannot talk to anyone until tomorrow. I know nothing about Dairyland Insurance has anyone on here had dealings with them?
    Well I've had them for years now, …. and back when I had my GW's I used them for about 12 yrs. …. no issues ….. I'm paying less than what you just quoted by my RT is 5 years old now …… Mike

Spyder Garage

I've got Dairyland, but never used it. Anyone have a claim with Dairyland? How did it go?
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals

Spyder Garage

Had them 4 years- No claims- But this year it went up again and Progressive (Believe it or not) Came in at Almost half the cost and better coverage amounts to boot! Check a progressive quote. Costs Nothing.

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    Had them 4 years- No claims- But this year it went up again and Progressive (Believe it or not) Came in at Almost half the cost and better coverage amounts to boot! Check a progressive quote. Costs Nothing.
    I do have a quote with them but have not got it back. I just received their quote. It is $528 with way less coverage. It is higher than Safeco.
    2021 RT Limited
    Asphalt Grey
    Lamonster RT phone mount
    Sena SMH-10
    Garmin's GPS

Spyder Garage

I know nothing about Dairyland Insurance has anyone on here had dealings with them?
    I've never had any dealings with them, but a lot of folks on this forum have had good things tosay about them, if that helps.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I am going to give them a call tomorrow and I think I will go with them. I have had several insurance companies over the last forty years and have never had any claims to amount to anything. In 2005 I had a new BMW K1200LT get bowed over in a motel parking lot. I did have Progressive Insurance at that time and it paid around $1000 for the repair. That is the only claim I have ever had.
    2021 RT Limited
    Asphalt Grey
    Lamonster RT phone mount
    Sena SMH-10
    Garmin's GPS

Spyder Garage

No claims but i have Dairyland for my 2015 F3S and my wifes 2011 RSS.
    Pay $127 monthly for full coverage o both bikes.
    Keep your wheels down and your head up
    Be safe and ride hard
    2021 F3L , Black (for now)

Spyder Garage

You have to shop around. Just because XXXX insurance company is great for your buddy, doesn't mean it will be best for you. There's a lot of factors that go into the premium calculation. Check with several of the major companies.
    2018 Spyder RT Limited
    Asphalt Gray
    Can Am Passenger Armrests
    Can Am Comfort Seat
    Spyder Accessories Floating Footpegs
    Utopia Driver Backrest
    Bajaron Sway Bar
    Sena 20s Bluetooth
    Lidlocks Helmet Holders
    F4 Tall and Wide Tinted Windshield
    Fobo Tire Monitor
    Lamonster Spyderdock Cell Phone Holder
    Sheepskin Seat Cover
    Drink2Go Cup Holders
    Magic Mirror
    Can Am Trailer Hitch
    Missing Belt Guard

Wish List - LED Headlights and Fog lights

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

$127 a month comes out to about $762 for each Spyder. How can they sell it to me for $255 on a 2019 Spyder. This is what scares me about Dairyland so many different quotes.
    2021 RT Limited
    Asphalt Grey
    Lamonster RT phone mount
    Sena SMH-10
    Garmin's GPS

Spyder Garage

I could not believe the increase on my insurance from 2015 RT SE6 to a 2019 RT Limited SE6. My insurance last year with full cover was $284.20. That was for one year. ON this 2019 for one year is $614.30. I have not called them yet but there must be some mistake. Below is what I have on the 2015 and what was quoted on the 2019.

Bodily Injury $250,000/5000,000
    Property Damage Liability $100,000
    Uninsured Motorist $250,000/500,000
    Underinsured Motorist $250,000/500,000
    Comprehensive (deductive) $250
    Collision (deductive) $250
    Custom Parts & Equipment $3,000
    Roadside Assistance
    Is the above about what most people carry?
    My liability is a little higher. I do have 1000 deductible. no custom parts. and pay $323 annually for a 2018 RT Limited
    BIG F

Spyder Garage

I have Wadena Ins. - one of the IMT Ins. companies out of Des Moines. I have a 2018 RT Limited and pay $323 annually. little more liability than yours, but with 1000 deductible and no custom parts. cuz you live in Iowa you are eligible
    BIG F

Spyder Garage

$127 a month comes out to about $762 for each Spyder. How can they sell it to me for $255 on a 2019 Spyder. This is what scares me about Dairyland so many different quotes.
    May be this info will help …. Tennessee has 100 plus counties in the State …. Dairyland ( or pick any other company ) .. might have a different rate for EVERY ONE of those counties …. believe it or not - your credit rating has an effect on those rates … and to compound this Insurance companies might have different criteria for determining what matters about them …. The formula's Ins Co. use today are extremely complicated.... The only way consumers can know what they will pay - are individual quotes from individual Companies..... It takes a lot of phone / computer time to get the best deal for YOU ….. good luck …. Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    May be this info will help …. Tennessee has 100 plus counties in the State …. Dairyland ( or pick any other company ) .. might have a different rate for EVERY ONE of those counties …. believe it or not - your credit rating has an effect on those rates … and to compound this Insurance companies might have different criteria for determining what matters about them …. The formula's Ins Co. use today are extremely complicated.... The only way consumers can know what they will pay - are individual quotes from individual Companies..... It takes a lot of phone / computer time to get the best deal for YOU ….. good luck …. Mike
    Wholeheartedly.

It's a very regional thing, prices for the exact same coverage can double or even triple depending on where the vehicle is registered. Seems like the poorer states do get better pricing.
    h0gr1der

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

If you're covered by a good health insurance policy you can save a few bucks by dropping the un/under insured coverage. All that part does is gets your health insurer off the hook for medical expenses if you're in a wreck with an un/under insured driver. Vehicle damage is covered by you collision coverage.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I purchase my Spyder insurance with Dairyland today starting Nov 1,2019. I have never talked to anyone that was any politer and knew their product as the person I got at Dairyland. She went completely over my quote and I got everything I had with Safeco plus a little more. My total cost for one year $259.88. My Safeco $614.30. That is what my premium would be January 9,2020. If I waited until then I would had to have a new quote so I started it the first of November and will cancel Safeco then. They checked my credit score, I had to send prove that I owned my house and prove I had insurance coverage at this time. I was able to fax that to them and sign everything digital on the computer. They have a great website with all your information much better than Safeco.
    2021 RT Limited
    Asphalt Grey
    Lamonster RT phone mount
    Sena SMH-10
    Garmin's GPS

Spyder Garage

I purchase my Spyder insurance with Dairyland today starting Nov 1,2019. I have never talked to anyone that was any politer and knew their product as the person I got at Dairyland. She went completely over my quote and I got everything I had with Safeco plus a little more. My total cost for one year $259.88. My Safeco $614.30. That is what my premium would be January 9,2020. If I waited until then I would had to have a new quote so I started it the first of November and will cancel Safeco then. They checked my credit score, I had to send prove that I owned my house and prove I had insurance coverage at this time. I was able to fax that to them and sign everything digital on the computer. They have a great website with all your information much better than Safeco.
    That's a good rate. Thing is, your neighbor across the street might buy a 2018 RTL and Safeco would be his best option. As others have stated, the formulas are complicated and the only way to know is to shop around.

I made a mistake of using an online service that was suppose to shop many different companies and provide me with instant quotes. I had to provide all my information and I did get some quotes, but they were high and they asked that I contact them directly to provide some additional information in order to get lower quotes. Well, you dont really need to do that, because you'll get calls for two months from people wanting to sell you insurance and also car warranties. I dont think I'll do that again.
    2018 Spyder RT Limited
    Asphalt Gray
    Can Am Passenger Armrests
    Can Am Comfort Seat
    Spyder Accessories Floating Footpegs
    Utopia Driver Backrest
    Bajaron Sway Bar
    Sena 20s Bluetooth
    Lidlocks Helmet Holders
    F4 Tall and Wide Tinted Windshield
    Fobo Tire Monitor
    Lamonster Spyderdock Cell Phone Holder
    Sheepskin Seat Cover
    Drink2Go Cup Holders
    Magic Mirror
    Can Am Trailer Hitch
    Missing Belt Guard

Wish List - LED Headlights and Fog lights

Spyder Garage

Mr gerald37,
    That's exactly the path I took with Dairyland. I was with Markel Bikeline and they were always more reasonable than the auto insurers. When I quoted the Spyder they went up around the $600 annually mark, and Dairyland came in around the $350 mark. Think about it, for the most part the guys on the RTL's especially, but also for the most part all the big Spyders are tried and true cautious drivers, very little risk there. They're still making money hand over fist.
    h0gr1der

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tenic View Post
    That's a good rate. Thing is, your neighbor across the street might buy a 2018 RTL and Safeco would be his best option. As others have stated, the formulas are complicated and the only way to know is to shop around.

I made a mistake of using an online service that was suppose to shop many different companies and provide me with instant quotes. I had to provide all my information and I did get some quotes, but they were high and they asked that I contact them directly to provide some additional information in order to get lower quotes. Well, you dont really need to do that, because you'll get calls for two months from people wanting to sell you insurance and also car warranties. I dont think I'll do that again.
    As soon as I get one call I have the number blocked. I get very few calls.
    2021 RT Limited
    Asphalt Grey
    Lamonster RT phone mount
    Sena SMH-10
    Garmin's GPS

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by h0gr1der View Post
    Mr gerald37,
    That's exactly the path I took with Dairyland. I was with Markel Bikeline and they were always more reasonable than the auto insurers. When I quoted the Spyder they went up around the $600 annually mark, and Dairyland came in around the $350 mark. Think about it, for the most part the guys on the RTL's especially, but also for the most part all the big Spyders are tried and true cautious drivers, very little risk there. They're still making money hand over fist.
    You are right. I have never turned in a claim other than 2005 I had a 2005 BMW K1200LT blow over in a parking lot. Very little damage. Over 64 years of riding motorcycles and driving cars I have never had any claims other than two windshields.
    2021 RT Limited
    Asphalt Grey
    Lamonster RT phone mount
    Sena SMH-10
    Garmin's GPS