Spyder Garage

Default stupid air filter question

Good morning everyone. I'm installing a new K&N air filter from LaMonster and it doesn't want to go in all the way. I know it's a snug fit but does it have to be turned a certain way or just shove it in. Already did the oil change and next is the fuel filter change which I should have done when I did the oil change but I didn't have it when I did the oil change. Chilly here in Chicagoland today. Thanks, Mike
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

Default No stupid questions....

Not familiar with your model but I do know on mine there is a certain way and if it sits to high and will not close flip the filter over and it should drop in. If it is to tight you may have to take a razor blade and trim the rubber a bit as some times there are injection points left on them.....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Thanks, it was just the k&n sticks out s little more, when I screwed the cover on it was fine. Now for the fuel filter. Thanks again, Mike
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

There is a recess in the cap that the finger grip on the K&N fits into...
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac