Spyder Garage

Default Vibration/grinding noise 2014 ST

New to the Spyder world. Just purchased a 2014 ST with 10,000km. When it's cold the unit makes a vibration/grinding noise in reverse. This only happens from cold, once warmed up it seems fine. Any thoughts? Need to let it warm 1st?

Thank You !!

Spyder Garage

could it be a little rust film on your brakes? I know when I wash mine or let it sit a while when I back it out and step on the brake I get a little thing going on, that go's away!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome, welcome 👍

Welcome to both the spyder world and this site. You do not mention if your spyder is an se or sm model. The semiautomatic has a better chance of having some clutch noise when cold. Do you know what oil and when it was last changed.? Is the vibration and grind only in reverse if so as mentioned above it may be in the brakes if it occurs when applying them. Have you tried starting it cold and going into first and seeing if you get the same issue? I would start with an oil change to perhaps a full synthetic meeting the specs, especially if you do not know its condition.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Thank you for the response. It is a ST limited se. I will try going into 1st when cold and see what happens. I don't know for sure when the oil was changed or which oil was used but I am taking it to a can am dealer next week to have the oil changed and the grinding noise checked. Will let you know what I fond out..