Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Can You Get More Than 5 Years Total Warranty On A Spyder

I bought my first Spyder('15 RT Limited) in April of 2015. I also bought the Best extended warranty from Bert's Mega Maul( a SL sponsor dealer @the time) for peace of mind. My 5 year warranty period expires 04/30/2020. I have <16,000 miles on my odometer(combination of 6 month riding seasons in IN + trailering since 2017 due to wife's back issues.).
    My question is: is there a company out there that I can purchase another extended warranty that is accepted a BRP service facilitiesor is 5 years the maximum warranty period on a Spyder????? If there is, please supply the company name and contact person's phone number.
    Thanks for any help that you can give me on this matter.
    Mike
    2021 Marsala Red Metallic RT Limited

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There are many, just google it. Here's a link to one I just called and confirmed that you can purchase an extended warrantee for whatever motorcycle you own. Be sure and shop around, don't just buy the first one that will take your money. They all have different options so pick the one that best fits your needs. The main thing to pay attention to are the policies "exclusions," that's one of the most important parts of the policy. Good luck.
    https://deltaautoprotect.com/extende...iAAEgK2RfD_BwE

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MikeT View Post
    I bought my first Spyder('15 RT Limited) in April of 2015. I also bought the Best extended warranty from Bert's Mega Maul( a SL sponsor dealer @the time) for peace of mind. My 5 year warranty period expires 04/30/2020. I have <16,000 miles on my odometer(combination of 6 month riding seasons in IN + trailering since 2017 due to wife's back issues.).
    My question is: is there a company out there that I can purchase another extended warranty that is accepted a BRP service facilitiesor is 5 years the maximum warranty period on a Spyder????? If there is, please supply the company name and contact person's phone number.
    Thanks for any help that you can give me on this matter.
    Mike
    I purchased a 5 year warranty after my 3 years BRP was up I got riders advantage from route 1 motorsports in Fl

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jtoro1 View Post
    I purchased a 5 year warranty after my 3 years BRP was up I got riders advantage from route 1 motorsports in Fl
    IF I read Mike correctly, he's wanting to buy another extended warrantee after his first extended warrantee runs out in 2020.

Spyder Garage

Yeah, me too. I bought another 5 years extended warranty that is on the tail end of the factory warranty that came with the 2019 I bought in April. I bought the warranty strictly for catastrophic failures. For periodic maintenance and minor repairs, I do that myself.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    There are many, just google it. Here's a link to one I just called and confirmed that you can purchase an extended warrantee for whatever motorcycle you own. Be sure and shop around, don't just buy the first one that will take your money. They all have different options so pick the one that best fits your needs. The main thing to pay attention to are the policies "exclusions," that's one of the most important parts of the policy. Good luck.
    https://deltaautoprotect.com/extende...iAAEgK2RfD_BwE
    Checked out the website. Unfortunately, they are not doing warranties in Florida.

Spyder Garage

My B.E.S.T. extended warranty expired last month and I never had to use it. I would not consider purchasing any other extended, third party warranty. I'll just rat hole some money for catastrophic problems should they arise.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jtoro1 View Post
    Good luck with that, I have them and they pretty much suck.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

I contacted the link above. When you ask for a quote, you get an enthusiastic sales person, not an internet quote. There are three levels of coverage. The least expensive is $1,400 for 5 years. Didn't get to read what the exclusions are.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ricford View Post
    ...Didn't get to read what the exclusions are.
    That's where the rub comes in with many third party warranties. The most common complaint against them is you have to pay the full freight to the repair shop then submit your claim to the warranty company and wait for their determination of coverage. It's at this point where the real fine print says, "Screw you, sucker!"
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

After 5yrs, you cannot get a BRP extended warranty and ALL the aftermarket service policies (they are not extended warranties) are awful and simply find any way they can to avoid paying claims. Most dealers will not even take them.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks fellow Spyder Riders for taking time to answer my inquiry. I am currently doing my due diligence on the one company recommendation I got with the aid of my servicing dealer. My initial impressions are that they are:
    a. way to pushy to get you to sign up, and
    b. have a large exclusion umbrella that gives them wide wiggle room to say that they will not cover a repair.
    Mike
    2021 Marsala Red Metallic RT Limited