Spyder Garage

Default F3 mono seat cowl

The only thing I don't like about my F3-S is how the rear seat only fastens on in one place. For such an expensive bike, this is ridiculous. I'm sure others agree. I would like to fit the Mono Seat Cowl as I usually ride solo. However I am concerned about the fit. Is it really loose? Can anyone enlighten me?

Spyder Garage

I have the seat and the cowl. 5,000 miles of swapping them back and forth, neither one has ever come loose.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

Thanks, Gwolf, but given the seat only fastens on one side and the Seat cowl must do too, I was wondering how rattly it was. That's what I meant by loose.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by XB12X View Post
    Thanks, Gwolf, but given the seat only fastens on one side and the Seat cowl must do too, I was wondering how rattly it was. That's what I meant by loose.
    I've had the seat cowl on for a couple of years with no rattles or looseness. CanAm2.jpg
    2015 F3 S , Can Am Red

Spyder Garage

Good news, OK-DZ9R. I am assuming it is compatible with BRP rider's backrest.

Spyder Garage

MY seat cowl fits perfect & very snug/secure unlike the stock seat did at first. and yes, it does not interfere with installing a drivers' backrest as the opening remains uncovered....

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Seems like you are worried for no reason, just make sure it is installed properly and ride on
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Good news, OK-DZ9R. I am assuming it is compatible with BRP rider's backrest.
    It is compatible with the backrest. Although I don't use one, you can see here where a slot is provided to install it.

CanAmCowl2.jpg
    2015 F3 S , Can Am Red

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the replies. I am going to buy one. The small lockable storage compartment will be very useful. Plus they look good.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the replies. I am going to buy one. The small lockable storage compartment will be very useful. Plus they look good.
    I have a yellow one and it looks Nice BUT that storage KEY is such a pain in the as* I rarely open it!!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    I have a yellow one and it looks Nice BUT that storage KEY is such a pain in the as* I rarely open it!!
    Yeah, the lock is total cheese. About the third time I used mine, the little keyhole guard whose main function seems to be to keep you from inserting the key, stuck crosswise across the keyhole. The lock is a standard piece. I think I can replace it with one that works. I'll report back if I do.
    2015 F3 S , Can Am Red

Spyder Garage

I just received my 2021 FS-3 Special Series that comes with the seat cowl. I also have the rider's backrest. I'm not seeing how to install the backrest with the anti-theft bolt in place. The bolt will not fit through the slit in the rear cowl. The instructions are useless in this regard. Any one have any pointers?

UPDATE: I decided to cut a slit in the rubber on the cowl that allows me to bend the rubber around the backrest post and then drop it back into place. Works fine, but would have preferred not to have to cut a brand new part like that.

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

2020 F3 cowl is secure but loose , the rattle from it is incessant.

I haven't been to impressed with my build quality of the body panels in general . After going out for my first long ride on the highway I can hear the cowl rattling in back of me, Both panels above the headlights rattle as well as the black bezels around the display.

And after taking a few good bumps on 95 one of the screws on the right knee panel popped off the frame, upon examination the torx head was overtightened and is stripped.

I am having a lot fun on it and enjoy the ride but I sure hope all of this rattling can be resolved.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black