Spyder Garage

Default Tool box storage on a F3-S (Solo rider)

After a nice 2K trip down to the Ozarks, I knew I wanted to increase my storage capability just a touch. My frunk contained rain gear/gloves/hats/trip munchies/etc, so it left little space if I wanted to store my nice Olympia jacket. I knew I didn't want to go a luggage rack/top case mount for both expense/appearance reasons. Also, being a 100% solo rider, I pondered ways to use my passenger seat. $50 later, this is what I came up with:
    1.) 1/4" thick x 24" L x 12" W ABS rigid plastic = $18/ebay
    2.) 24" x 12" x 12" single latch/lockable Dewalt IP56 water rated heavy black tool = $18 at local hardware store
    3.) Various nuts/bolts/washers/spacers = $7 at local hardware store
    4.) (4) stainless steel 2" hose clamps = $7.50 at local hardware store
    A small amount of time measuring twice/drilling once and it was complete. I did have some 1" ID black hose laying around that I cut/split for the grab handles to prevent indenting them with tightened hose clamps. It came out perfectly . On/off in minutes and will fit a bunch of stuff. Now, my helmet/jacket can fit in the frunk. Yeah .. It's a tool box, but the black (with decals removed) blends in nicely. WTH ...

** Dewalt decals removed and small bumper sticker/reflective tape installed **
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Looks good and meets your needs.
    DIY is the best way to solve a problem.
    Very nice.

David C>
    David C
    2016 F3T
    DIY Garage Door Opener & GPS Mount
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

Spyder Garage

I went the same route kinda. I wanted more storage for a longer run. I like to run solo too. I made my storage out of Rigid tool boxes from Home Depot. I have a rack on the back of mine and a Smoothspyder backrest. I ran up the PCH last winter. Everything stayed dry and had plenty or room. Added bonus, you can expand storage by attaching other boxes. 20190130_131005_014.jpg
    Now
    2021 Sea2Sky
    Former
    2015 F3-S