Thread: Natchez Trace

Spyder Garage

Default Natchez Trace

I never heard of this road but I just noticed it on a map and they have a FB page for it.Has anyone ridden this and how is it?I would stay in Nashville and then end up in NOLA,2 of my favorite places in USA.
    :
    : 2017 RTL ORBITAL BLUE

Spyder Garage

Never on a motorcycle but on it in a car, would be great ride on a bike, very little traffic as big trucks weren't allowed. If I remember there are no commercial stops/business and Hardly any stop signs even as the trace pretty much has the right of way along its route but plenty of nice pull offs if you want to stop.

Spyder Garage

Nice ride but just mind your speed. Certain sections are marked slow, and are sometimes strictly enforced. Also watch for wildlife as it can be abundant.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

I live in Mississippi so I've ridden it numerous time. Smooth ride, but mind your speed and watch for wildlife. There's a free campground about 40miles North of Jackson, with services. They are near French Camp, a great historical site. You will enjoy the ride. Just take your time and enjoy.

Spyder Garage

Is it mountainous and twisty or kinda mild
    :

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyder01 View Post
    Is it mountainous and twisty or kinda mild
    Very mild and 50mph max speed limit. Its pretty but can get very boring after a few hours. Also the speed limit is strictly enforced by federal park rangers. Tickets are EXPENSIVE.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

It is also a favorite road of touring bicyclists so be alert for them too.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

The upper 20 miles of the trace starts off a little twisty and hilly but that soon turns into rolling hills and gentle turns. Lots of it tree covered. Seems there a historical marker of some type every 5 miles if you care to stop. The route is broken down into 4 separate maps on the site and it list most of the major markers. You can sort of preplan. If you don’t want to camp there are good places to stay in Tupelo, Clinton and Natchez. Nice ride.

If you are into hiking there are several spots with trails of interesting things.

https://www.nps.gov/natr/index.htm
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

Default Dang, I wish I lived closer!

After reading this post I looked at some of the web sites. One that you might be interested in is https://www.natcheztracetravel.com/m...the-trace.html
    This web site gives 10 Reasons to Motorcycle the Natchez Trace Parkway
    1 - Commercial traffic is prohibited.
    2 - Traffic is generally very light except around Tupelo and Jackson.
    3 - No stop signs or stop lights. Access on and off the Trace is via on/off ramps which means no need to worry about cross traffic.
    4 - The parkway is clean and smooth. One motorcyclist said it was "like riding on a cloud".
    5 - Scenery is awesome. Instead of utility poles and buildings, the Trace is lined with forests, farmland, creeks and beautiful vistas.
    6 - All along the Trace, historic and scenic attractions offer interesting breaks and rest stops.
    7 - Restroom facilities on the Trace are available about every thirty miles.
    8 - Contrary to popular belief, there are gas stations, markets and restaurants near the Trace.
    9 - Numerous side roads take you past antebellum and victorian homes, sunken roads, civil war battlefields and southern towns.
    10 - There are many "motorcycle friendly" B&Bs, Guest Houses

There gas stations and eating spots just off the Natchez. Also 3 campgrounds (primitive) that you could use.

Dean Secord AKA seaweed
    Veteran: U.S. Air Force
    2015 RT-S SE6

My Mods:
    TricLed Turn Signal, Squared Away Sept, 2016
    SpyderPops Bump Skid, SpyderPops Missing Rock Guard, ION camera
    Show Chrome Back Rest , Show Chrome Hitch
    Leesure-lite trailer, Harbor Freight tag along trailer (sold)
    Hopnel 850 Saddlebag Liners, Hopnel 3 piece lid netset - trunk and saddlebags
    Magic Brake Strobe/Flasher, DIY LED light strips on upper and lower A frames
    BlueKnight911 Magic Mirrors, DIY superior grill, USB port, Hwy pegs,
    DIY Flag mounts for USA and US Air Force flags, Method to open Frunk and seat without using key,
    LED headlights and LED fog lights, turn signal switch safety mod

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    After reading this post I looked at some of the web sites. One that you might be interested in is https://www.natcheztracetravel.com/m...the-trace.html
    This web site gives 10 Reasons to Motorcycle the Natchez Trace Parkway
    1 - Commercial traffic is prohibited.
    2 - Traffic is generally very light except around Tupelo and Jackson.
    3 - No stop signs or stop lights. Access on and off the Trace is via on/off ramps which means no need to worry about cross traffic.
    4 - The parkway is clean and smooth. One motorcyclist said it was "like riding on a cloud".
    5 - Scenery is awesome. Instead of utility poles and buildings, the Trace is lined with forests, farmland, creeks and beautiful vistas.
    6 - All along the Trace, historic and scenic attractions offer interesting breaks and rest stops.
    7 - Restroom facilities on the Trace are available about every thirty miles.
    8 - Contrary to popular belief, there are gas stations, markets and restaurants near the Trace.
    9 - Numerous side roads take you past antebellum and victorian homes, sunken roads, civil war battlefields and southern towns.
    10 - There are many "motorcycle friendly" B&Bs, Guest Houses

There gas stations and eating spots just off the Natchez. Also 3 campgrounds (primitive) that you could use.
    I read this site and was very interested.I can use a break from the twistys as I just did the Blue Ridge Parkway.I read their were MC friendly B&Bs all along the way.Wife will not camp.I think Ill start planning a 2 week trip for the spring
    :

Spyder Garage

Road it 2 times once in a car and once on a Spyder very nice road a lot of place to stop at an tour. It’s almost like blue ridge parkway

Spyder Garage

I rode it also and really enjoyed it. All the above is true. Lots of stops. To me it's 2 part thing. Just the ride is nice and relaxing and beautiful. But to get off at the stops and check out the actual trail is really great too. Plan on spending some time to really take it all in.
    Can Am 2013 RTL SE5

Spyder Garage

Rode it several years ago when I still had my Harley.... it's pretty and calm but I did find it somewhat too ... I don't know... bland? If what you want is total relaxation it's a nice ride, if you want to be pushed and challenged it isn't the road for you. Just my thoughts.

You can't get there from here....

Mods and Tweaks:
    Showcrome Trunk Rack
    Showcrome LED Trunk Light
    Garmin 390LM
    Spyderzone Floating Hiway Boards
    Spyderzone Mount Dash Bracket
    BajaRon Antisway Bar
    Showcrome full-size brake pedal
    Spyder-2-Go Driver Cup holder
    Ram X phone mount
    SpyderExtras 12 volt Docking Station
    BRP Driver Backrest
    Monster 4K Action Camera
    Spyderzone LED Fender Mount Spotlights
    CASA LED Headlights and Foglights
    2018 RT Limited , Ashphalt Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyder01 View Post
    I never heard of this road but I just noticed it on a map and they have a FB page for it.Has anyone ridden this and how is it?I would stay in Nashville and then end up in NOLA,2 of my favorite places in USA.
    this is a very nice road to just set back and relax and enjoy the ride. There are several nice stops of interest along the way. The first part of the trace is nice with long sweeping curves coming south from nashville. The gas stops are off the trace in towns along the way. But some towns are kinds off the beating path. So keep an eye on your gas level. Collingwood is a good place to stop and not far off the road. One day I want to ride the entire 443 miles of it from Nashville to the end in Mississippi. So ride, have fun and ride safe.