Spyder Garage

Default Light up switches

Is there any aftermarket switches like the turn signal and high low beams switch that will allow those two to have a small red or orange glow so you can see them after dark. Last night it got down to 42 degrees and my wife had to wear her gloves. I think this was the first time she ever drove the spyder after dark with gloves. She had a hard time (finding) feeling the turn signal switch and high low beam. She kept her thumb on the high low the entire time so she wouldn’t loose it. The radio, arrows glow red orange is there a way to get the other switches to glow? Is there a mini light that is make to faintly light the entire area. I haven’t he spyder cuff on there so maybe a small one pin screw on LED lite with arm then unscrew when not using? I know on the skidoo snowmobile everything glows. I am pretty sure my outlander does to as in high low. Just curious. Without gloves she can feel the switches no problem. With gloves she felt very insecure. ( spyder RT but assume its the same on all Spyders)

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

This has been complained about for 10+ years ….. one would think - if they light most of them why not ALL ??? …. It's not that they can't, it that BRP won't spend the money to correct the design. …. The OEM windshield ARM that is so poorly designed it breaks quite often could have been EASILY fixed by " leaving the material that is lost in the casting process there " …. Until recently BRP would not sell you " just the Arm ", one had to by the ENTIRE windshield wiper assembly ( about $ 700.00 ). THey finally relented and the ARM is sold as a separate piece - But it's still the same piece of JUNK …. I have seen some extremely small LED lights, that could probably be put inside the housing ( I have had mine apart ) ….. so that could be a winter project ….. if successful you could probably sell about 10,000 of them ….. good luck …. Mike

Spyder Garage

The left switch module is single unit and is not designed to be fiddled with. Regarding your wife being unsure where the beam an turn signal switches are with gloves on is a safety consideration that IMO, you should present to her as such. She's obviously not experienced enough yet with gloves on and, with the beam switch is not unusual because if she rides mostly during daytime it's always on high beam. Riding with the beam switch covered by her left thumb is smart. I ride each morning with the beam switch covered because of semi-frequent oncoming traffic, minimal streetlights and a seven mile stretch of deer crossing territory on my way to work out. I uncover the switch when I get to a segment of continual two way traffic and I am then always on low beam. Be very supportive and just stress she has to ride enough to get comfortable FOR HER OWN SAFETY.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    This has been complained about for 10+ years ….. one would think - if they light most of them why not ALL ??? …. It's not that they can't, it that BRP won't spend the money to correct the design. …. The OEM windshield ARM that is so poorly designed it breaks quite often could have been EASILY fixed by " leaving the material that is lost in the casting process there " …. Until recently BRP would not sell you " just the Arm ", one had to by the ENTIRE windshield wiper assembly ( about $ 700.00 ). THey finally relented and the ARM is sold as a separate piece - But it's still the same piece of JUNK …. I have seen some extremely small LED lights, that could probably be put inside the housing ( I have had mine apart ) ….. so that could be a winter project ….. if successful you could probably sell about 10,000 of them ….. good luck …. Mike
    If you do let me know, I will be your first client!!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

I hate to say this ,but I have the stock lights still on my ride and I run with my high beams on all the time unless I come up in back of another car or bike ,then I turn them down. I can only think of one time that some one asked for my lows on a on coming car! I know, I am bad, but it's not been a issue with the stock bulb so far!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Since I switched to LED headlights I have had one car flash their high beams at me when I was on low. I gave 'em a flash to show what bright really was.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

These guys might have some sort of LED, but where to put it is the question... I'm not sure I'd wanna dig around inside that cluster.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White