Spyder Garage

Default Problem with side panel

I own a Ryker 600 and have 1500 miles on it in about 4/5 months. Have driven very carefully mostly 30 to 50 mph on good roads and am loving the experience. Have not had any accidents or hit any large bumps in the road.

Just noticed that my left side panel (from drivers position) pictured below (probably upside down) lifts up from where the tip meets the chassis - the other side is tight so whatever clip is holding it down is probably broken. Not being very mechanically inclined I don't have the tools or knowledge to take the panel off and try to fix it.

My questions are -

> has anyone else experienced this problem?
    > how to fix it?
    > what might have caused it?
    > probability of it being covered under warranty?

Any help you can give me would be most appreciated.

First pic is the side panel - second pic is the tip that lifts up about 2 inches when gently pried

Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

It just may be not snapped in. Have you tried lining it up and snapping it in. Just push in straight if you feel it's lined up. There's plenty of videos on how to remove that panel. Then look at panel and where it snaps in to see if is broken in that area. If not snap that area in 1st before the push pins are reinstalled. If it is broken maybe some strong Velcro or some 3m double backed tape would help until you show it to your dealer. It may have not been snapped in completely to start with. Start video at 3:40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=1r29rrJ79bM

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by canamryder View Post
    It just may be not snapped in. Have you tried lining it up and snapping it in. Just push in straight if you feel it's lined up. There's plenty of videos on how to remove that panel. Then look at panel and where it snaps in to see if is broken in that area. If not snap that area in 1st before the push pins are reinstalled. If it is broken maybe some strong Velcro or some 3m double backed tape would help until you show it to your dealer. It may have not been snapped in completely to start with. Start video at 3:40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=1r29rrJ79bM
    Thanks very much for this advice.

Spyder Garage

Mine was delivered with one of the dart clips broken. The color panel on one side was loose at the front. It really wasn't a problem while I was waiting for the dealer to get a new dart clip. I'ts fixed now. Even if you have to buy a new dart clip they are really cheap.
    Last edited by Tslepebull; 10-10-2019 at 04:25 PM. Reason: grammer
    2019 Ryler Rally , Shock Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tslepebull View Post
    Mine was delivered with one of the dart clips broken. The color panel on one side was loose at the front. It really wasn't a problem while I was waiting for the dealer to get a new dart clip. I'ts fixed now. Even if you have to buy a new dart clip they are really cheap.
    Thanks - good to know they are inexpensive.