Spyder Garage

Default If I order new Rt limited

If I order a new rt limited and outfit it with the items I want such as hitch, control module and passenger armrests. Does that price include install at dealer? Versus, if I wait to see what the dealer gets in I would definitely have to pay labor costs on the install of any add ons.
    2014 RT-S Pearl White
    2010 BRP 622 Trailer Pearl White

SpyderLovers Sponsor SpyderAnn01's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

That all depends on the deal you make. I try to negotiate the install as part of the set up. Ask them to throw in the items.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

If you're talking about a 2020 RT I doubt you're going to get any big price breaks because the thing is going to come in a crate with nothing but standard, off the assembly line configuration and it will be a fresh new design. Everything else is going to be installed by the dealer as part of the assembly process. Build a spreadsheet with the MSRP of everything you want and have rows for dealer labor for each accessory installation and total OTD price. Have columns for various dealers so you can do line by line comparison. Shop it to various dealers to see who may give you what breaks. Remember, the quality of service after purchase can be worth more than initial price savings.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    If you're talking about a 2020 RT I doubt you're going to get any big price breaks because the thing is going to come in a crate with nothing but standard, off the assembly line configuration and it will be a fresh new design. Everything else is going to be installed by the dealer as part of the assembly process. Build a spreadsheet with the MSRP of everything you want and have rows for dealer labor for each accessory installation and total OTD price. Have columns for various dealers so you can do line by line comparison. Shop it to various dealers to see who may give you what breaks. Remember, the quality of service after purchase can be worth more than initial price savings.
    x 2. Put all the stuff on the spreadsheet. Break everything down on labor/accessory cost. You might get them all...but is all in the deal you finally make.

Currently Owned: 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium), 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow), 2015 Vulcan 900 LTD

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) Pictures of 2008 and 2009 Spyders are in Alaska Albums 2009 and 2010.
    5 Spyders, 10 years, 145,375 miles

Spyder Garage

I realize that not everyone is mechanically inclined. However, the items you mentioned are not that hard to install yourself with the same basic tools you should have and carry to be able to deal with minor issues on the road. You will only need to remove some bodywork to plug in the wiring harness for the trailer lights, and the hitch slides over the swingarm and utilizes one bolt that goes through the rear axle. In the video posted by BRP at the dealer show, they made mention of the armrests being much easier to install than the previous ones. All of the Can AM accessories come with detailed instructions that include photos. You can even access instructions online first and then decide if you want to do the work yourself. You can save a ton of money.

https://instructions.brp.com/content...ion.html#tab=2

Spyder Garage

I have bought two new spiders. Both times all the labor was free to install accessories when purchased from the dealer. One discounted 10% off, the other 20% off. If they want your money, make them work for it. Both deals were discounted $$.. Remember if you purchase a bike that is not in stock, has to be ordered. It doesn't hit their floor plan, $$. Work the deal to your advantage. Tom
    "I am the guardian of lost souls! I am the powerful, the pleasurable, the indestructible Mushu!"

2016 F3Limited Intense Red Pearl
    Lamonster LED headlight and fog lights, Custom Dynamics LED fender and saddle bag lights, Can Am hitch, Can Am rider and passenger backrests, Baja Ron sway bar and Lamonster dog bones.