Spyder Garage

Default If I order new Rt limited

If I order a new rt limited and outfit it with the items I want such as hitch, control module and passenger armrests. Does that price include install at dealer? Versus, if I wait to see what the dealer gets in I would definitely have to pay labor costs on the install of any add ons.
    2022 RT Limited Dark Hyper Silver
    2014 RT-S Pearl White
    2010 BRP 622 Trailer Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That all depends on the deal you make. I try to negotiate the install as part of the set up. Ask them to throw in the items.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

If you're talking about a 2020 RT I doubt you're going to get any big price breaks because the thing is going to come in a crate with nothing but standard, off the assembly line configuration and it will be a fresh new design. Everything else is going to be installed by the dealer as part of the assembly process. Build a spreadsheet with the MSRP of everything you want and have rows for dealer labor for each accessory installation and total OTD price. Have columns for various dealers so you can do line by line comparison. Shop it to various dealers to see who may give you what breaks. Remember, the quality of service after purchase can be worth more than initial price savings.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    If you're talking about a 2020 RT I doubt you're going to get any big price breaks because the thing is going to come in a crate with nothing but standard, off the assembly line configuration and it will be a fresh new design. Everything else is going to be installed by the dealer as part of the assembly process. Build a spreadsheet with the MSRP of everything you want and have rows for dealer labor for each accessory installation and total OTD price. Have columns for various dealers so you can do line by line comparison. Shop it to various dealers to see who may give you what breaks. Remember, the quality of service after purchase can be worth more than initial price savings.
    x 2. Put all the stuff on the spreadsheet. Break everything down on labor/accessory cost. You might get them all...but is all in the deal you finally make.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I realize that not everyone is mechanically inclined. However, the items you mentioned are not that hard to install yourself with the same basic tools you should have and carry to be able to deal with minor issues on the road. You will only need to remove some bodywork to plug in the wiring harness for the trailer lights, and the hitch slides over the swingarm and utilizes one bolt that goes through the rear axle. In the video posted by BRP at the dealer show, they made mention of the armrests being much easier to install than the previous ones. All of the Can AM accessories come with detailed instructions that include photos. You can even access instructions online first and then decide if you want to do the work yourself. You can save a ton of money.

https://instructions.brp.com/content...ion.html#tab=2
    2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

I have bought two new spiders. Both times all the labor was free to install accessories when purchased from the dealer. One discounted 10% off, the other 20% off. If they want your money, make them work for it. Both deals were discounted $$.. Remember if you purchase a bike that is not in stock, has to be ordered. It doesn't hit their floor plan, $$. Work the deal to your advantage. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfixer View Post
    I realize that not everyone is mechanically inclined. However, the items you mentioned are not that hard to install yourself with the same basic tools you should have and carry to be able to deal with minor issues on the road. You will only need to remove some bodywork to plug in the wiring harness for the trailer lights, and the hitch slides over the swingarm and utilizes one bolt that goes through the rear axle. In the video posted by BRP at the dealer show, they made mention of the armrests being much easier to install than the previous ones. All of the Can AM accessories come with detailed instructions that include photos. You can even access instructions online first and then decide if you want to do the work yourself. You can save a ton of money.

https://instructions.brp.com/content...ion.html#tab=2
    Good info here, should have done more research before I placed my order. However none of the part#'s are in the system yet for the new 2020 RT.

I was quoted 7 hours labor for accessory installs. At $145 an hour labor that works out to $1015, They said if it was more they would eat the cost and if it was less would credit or reduce.

The items being installed are:
    A) garminZummo 590 GPS
    B) GPS support
    C) heated comfort seat
    D) Adjustable driver back rest
    E) Adjustable touring vented windshield
    F) trailer hitch
    G) handlebar end caps

TicketBait
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-12-2019 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Sign off

Spyder Garage

I can only say that the deal I have for my new 2020 RT Limited.
    The accessories are priced directly out of the catalog, with a little discount and added to the agreed to price for my new Spyder.
    There is no installation fee.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

What is TicketBait? Thanks.

Spyder Garage

It's just my opinion, but I would have all of the electrical accessories installed by the dealer; especially the GPS cradle. The reason; it's a CAN BUS system and it's very sensitive to how wiring is installed. The Tech will connect it correctly, and is able to verify that it is working correctly. And, if required, will connect it to BUDS to make sure that the computers see the accessories correctly. JMO...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LongIsland View Post
    It's only Ticketbait (his username) signing off at the end of the post.... in all the rush, it must've got caught up in the 'adding sub-para labelling'.

Fixed now tho!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TicketBait View Post
    Good info here, should have done more research before I placed my order. However none of the part#'s are in the system yet for the new 2020 RT.

I was quoted 7 hours labor for accessory installs. At $145 an hour labor that works out to $1015, They said if it was more they would eat the cost and if it was less would credit or reduce.

A) garminZummo 590 GPS
    B) GPS support
    C) heated comfort seat
    F) trailer hitch
    G) handlebar end caps
    H) **********

TicketBait
    Quote Originally Posted by LongIsland View Post
    TicketBait is the rider to the new RT, This special accessory is needed in order to go anywhere in this spyder,
    Ticketbait is installed on the seat directly behind the handlebars. see photo below from an earlier accessory add on

P1020875.jpg

He is very famous here on Spyderlovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    It's only Ticketbait (his username) signing off at the end of the post.... in all the rush, it must've got caught up in the 'adding sub-para labelling'.

Fixed now tho!
    quite often when I sign off on a post that
    has taken me hours to create I will author
    it by typing my username as illustrated
    here; TicketBait
    note that I reduce the size and put the
    name in italics so as not to boast.

This was not the case here. Tried to interject some humor in my list of accessories and the Forum police got involved.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-13-2019 at 03:37 AM. Reason: Removed superfluous BD reference

Spyder Garage

Yeah, the 'Forum Police' got involved & tried to answer a question from a poster, only then immediately got an upset msg from yet another poster asking why hadn't I fixed it properly & telling me it was stupid not to ensure all posts make sense.... It seems that for some, we don't do enough of that?!

So anyway, I tried to do the right thing & clarify it all (as one alternative to just deleting those posts/questions/parts of posts creating issues & concerns. ) If I got it wrong, I'm sorry, but my crystal ball doesn't work anywhere near as well as it used to, so sometimes (just like the other Mods) I just hafta take a punt & do what I think is right at the time.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Peter, I didn’t find anything posted on this thread that didn’t make sense to me, nor anything worthy of you feeling bad over. Thanks for continuing to do the thankless job of policing the forum.

Yeah, the 'Forum Police' got involved & tried to answer a question from a poster, only then immediately got an upset msg from yet another poster asking why hadn't I fixed it properly & telling me it was stupid not to ensure all posts make sense.... It seems that for some, we don't do enough of that?!

So anyway, I tried to do the right thing & clarify it all (as one alternative to just deleting those posts/questions/parts of posts creating issues & concerns. ) If I got it wrong, I'm sorry, but my crystal ball doesn't work anywhere near as well as it used to, so sometimes (just like the other Mods) I just hafta take a punt & do what I think is right at the time.
    2022 RT Limited Dark Hyper Silver
    2014 RT-S Pearl White
    2010 BRP 622 Trailer Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Peter, keep doing what your doing, some Spyder readers don't appreciate a good moderator, go over to the GW forum and read there for while for an experience.

Spyder Garage

The 7 hour estimate seems very generous to me. The GPS install and hitch wiring are the only items that will take much time. The seat exchange, back rest, and hitch are quick and easy. Everything else seems pretty quick to me as well. I think they have given you a worst-case estimate so you'll likely be happy if they come in with less.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by TicketBait View Post

A) garminZummo 590 GPS
    B) GPS support
    C) heated comfort seat
    F) trailer hitch
    G) handlebar end caps

TicketBait
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.

Spyder Garage

As Kermit used to say: "It ain't easy being green."

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I think they have given you a worst-case estimate so you'll likely be happy if they come in with less. You are assuming that the dealer is competent and honest. Very broad assumption.