Spyder Garage

Default Ryker on a trailer?

Has anyone hauled the Ryker on a utility trailer? Was there any problem making the break over at the top of the ramp? I noticed that Tractor Supply has a 6 x 8 utility trailer with a 4' ramp that looks like it might work.
    2019 Ryler Rally , Shock Yellow

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tslepebull View Post
    Has anyone hauled the Ryker on a utility trailer? Was there any problem making the break over at the top of the ramp? I noticed that Tractor Supply has a 6 x 8 utility trailer with a 4' ramp that looks like it might work.
    If this is the one with the vertical attached ramp …. my experience was not too good …. BOTH of the securing devices fell apart on the same trip …. I fixed it with a solid 8 or 10 inch bolt using a lock-nut ….. The replacement parts from tractor supple was $30.00 EACH .….. good luck …. Mike

Spyder Garage

When I bought my Ryker I showed up with 5x8 trailer, Ryker didn't fit. If I had 6x8 trailer it would of worked out.

Spyder Garage

I used this trailer I built to haul my wife's Spyder, and my Ryker to the Keys.

DSCN5414.jpgDSCN5411.jpg
    Calling an illegal immigrant an undocumented worker, is like calling the corner drug dealer an unlicensed Pharmacist.
    2019 900 ACE , Stock Black

Spyder Garage

I've hauled ours on our 7x14 open trailer. The ramp is 5ft long I think. I load and unload with the trailer hooked to the truck, and the tongue jack cranked way up to reduce the angle of the ramp. I had no issues at all. Anything you can do to reduce that angle is key. Use the tongue jack, park the trailer wheels in a low spot, park up against an embankment, boards under the back end of the ramp....etc....
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

@Dragracer, what’s the dimensions of your trailer. I’m looking for a trailer to haul my Spyder and my husband’s Ryker. The Ryker doesn’t have a windshield so it can go backwards. My Spyder has saddle bags (F3-T).

Spyder Garage

it will work fine. The 6’ is actually about 6’6”. I have the 3 pieces luggage set on Slingmods, So I made an extension of the rear tailgate latches of a few inches and it works fine.

Spyder Garage

I prefer an adjustable hitch on the tow vehicle. I raise the tongue as high as possible to smooth out the angle at the top of the ramp. I also found piece of 2x4 at the bottom of the ramp kept the noise from dragging. Don’t forget if the front wheels get too close to the front of the trailer the spoiler will hit the front of the trailer.