Thread: Led headlights

Spyder Garage

Default Led headlights

I have a 2016 F3 that I would like to change my headlights to LEDs. Can I just use regular H4 LEDs or do I need something special?

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Not all LED's are created equal …. there have been a few members who have gotten them from the internet …. some good , some not so good. I know " Joel the biker " found some for about $30.00 a pr, that He loved.... He has / had an RT, but I think they should work equally well in the F-3.... I have an RT an switched to LED's and Loooooooooooooooooooooove them , won of the best Mods I have done, ... my night-vision isn't good and these have helped tremendously ….. PM Him for info or try a search …… good luck …. Mike

Spyder Garage

A4B3CCB2-9F87-49A0-A7AB-23490015C8E9.jpg $65 from EBay direct fit for H4. Got in July good so far, white light & do get to see more it seems, sorry no comparison pics.
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I like the TRICLED Headlights.

Spyder Garage

I think I would want to go with one of the sponsors on the site, some lighting can screw with the bikes electrical system. There has been some chatter about gremlins, caused about extra accent lighting! At least if you should have a question or problem they would help you out! Good luck, I have a set of headlights waiting in a box to put on when I have the skin off my ride again!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Since the BUDS and BUDS II are CANBUS based operating systems, I would suggest whatever product you choose make sure it CANBUS safe/approved. It may or may not be necessary, but having that way will add some level of insurance to make sure it works as planned.
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    A4B3CCB2-9F87-49A0-A7AB-23490015C8E9.jpg $65 from EBay direct fit for H4. Got in July good so far, white light & do get to see more it seems, sorry no comparison pics.
    I also used this same kit: Genessi Elite. Kit no. is G7-ELT-H4. They work very well and have far superior illumination than the standard halogen H4 bults.
    2019 F3 Limited
    2019 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

You can't go wrong by using a Spyderlover sponsor. I personally use SpyderPops for all my Spyder needs and he stands behind you when a problem does arise. He's a AAA+++ sponsor in my book.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

Get 'em from Lamonster. They are supposedly designed for the F-3 headlight housing. Like someone already posted, not all LEDs are created equal. If you do any research on LEDs, you will find halogen housings are not made for LEDs.
    John F.
    Tallahassee, FL

2015 Spyder F3 SE6, black
    BRP Driver/passenger Footboards
    BRP Adjustable Passenger Backrest
    Blue Ridge Windshield
    MRA X-Creen Tour, clear, clamp-on
    H4 LED Headlights
    F3 LED Fog Light Kit, LED Amber Halo Ring Kit, LED Tail Lights, F3 Rear run/brake/turn LEDs
    Easy Brackets
    Leatherworks, Inc. 120 Special Slight Angle Saddlebags
    Custom Dynamics Front Mud Flap LED lights, Street Magic Front Fender Tips, Double Feature Lens
    2-up rear shock
    Idler pulley kit

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's not necessarily the bulb itself, but it's the beam pattern that it produces which is likely the most important feature to us spyderlovers. With all the LED's out there and the accompanying advertising for each one of them, it's a dizzying process to select the one that best fits our/your needs. And they are not cheap! Some bulbs are simply plug and play. They're the best for ease of installation but possibly not the best for beam pattern. Other bulbs are a pain in the you know what because it takes a dremel tool just to get them to fit the housing. That's no fun at all! Here's link that will give you some insight into the world of LED headlight bulbs. Good luck and I suggest using Excedrin or Aleve afterwards.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeaDrH0gXZk
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQF5...ature=youtu.be

Spyder Garage

What 2dogs said. The ones from LaMonster are the same ones from Electrical Connection. The design of the bulb specifically mimics the position of the filament in a standard halogen bulb. This is important because engineers design the reflector housings to contour the light pattern according to the design of a standard halogen bulb. By using a properly engineered LED bulb, like the one from LaMonster or EC, it will not affect the light pattern thereby eliminating 99% of the stray light that blinds oncoming drivers and focuses the light where it's supposed to be on the road ahead. Superbrightleds.com also sells a version of these properly engineered LED headlights. You're going to spend about $100 on a proper set, however, they should last beyond the life of your bike and make your nighttime driving safer and make you more noticeable on the road.
    2019 F3 Limited , Phoenix Orange Metallic

Spyder Garage

SlingMods had std G4 and high intensity.
    2017 F3 Limited , Gloss Black with red and carbon fiber accents