Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

We have the Quatrac 5's and are currently riding the awesome roads of the Smokies and we can attest these tires are outstanding in performance and comfort. But, that doesn't mean there are not other tires out there which will perform as well. Different strokes for different folks. Because of the feedback from many of the experts on this forum is the reason we purchased the Quatrac 5's. No doubt, there are good reasons others prefer different brands. I think the most important thing is why you purchased the tires you did? In our case, a well built tire for the safety of my family and the outstanding performance and comfort of our ride were deciding factors in our decision. One thing I didn't know before purchasing the Quatrac 5's that they have 2 steelbelts included in their 4 ply rating. Wow! What a surprise and very welcome safety feature of this tire. One thing for sure you should realize when purchasing any tires Is that they are the only safety item on any vehicle that touches the road and are probably the most important safety item on your vehicle. If you were to invest in anything to increase the safety and performance of any of your vehicles your choice of tires may be the most important decision you make. Ride safe, ride smart, and thanks to all the Spyder Lover's on this Forum for your excellent recommendations to improve the safety and performance of our Spyders.

Spyder Garage

My Vredestein Quatrac 5s handled well on the 1200 mi round trip to Maggie Valley, 80 mph most of the way!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    What size in the Vredestein Quatrac's ? 165/60R15's or 175/55R15's ? The 165/60 looks good, being a touch taller for clearance..
    The 165/60 R15 will fit fine, and I think that ( I'm really splitting hairs on this ), at the best PSI ( 17-18 ) they might give a slightly better ride comfort …. and being slightly narrower a tad higher hydroplaning speed ( that's better ) …. according to the many here who are using the Quatrac 5 the 175 fits fine ,some think it looks more aggressive, that's not on my list of criterior for a great tire tho ….. Mike

Spyder Garage

We have the Quatrac 5's on our 2014 RT and are currently riding the great roads of the Smokies and can attest that the performance and comfort of these tires are outstanding. There is a most dramatic notice of comfort of your ride. However, the main reason for upgrading our tires to the Quatrac 5 tires is for our family's safety.
    The Quatrac 5 tires has two steel belts as part of their 4 ply rating. Whatever your reason for upgrading your tires, this selection was important and no doubt you had good reasons why you upgraded to the tires of your choice. No matter what tire you choose as an upgrade, this Spyder Lover hopes safety of your ride was most paramount in your choice. The reason why is your tires are the only safety item on any of your vehicles which touch the roads you ride on. No doubt there are other good tires out there with good reasons for you to purchase them. And that's OK! Different strokes for different folks. We made our decision based on the great feedback from the wonderful contributor's of this forum and we are very fortunate to have this expertise at our disposal every day. No doubt, your decisions on what tire's you purchased are valid and some of the reader's of this forum will have purchased tires based on your experience and recommendation. One thing we should all be grateful for is that we have this OUTSTANDING FORUM WITH OUTSTANDING CONTRIBUTORS to help us make the very best decisions on what will make our Spyder Experience A GREAT ONE!!! Thank you to all Spyder Lover's who contribute to this great forum and for your many recommendations to improve the safety and performance of our Spyders!!!

Spyder Garage

Sorry for the repeat. I thought my first response did not go through. Definitely a rookie mistake. Forgive me?

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Me too

My Quatrac 5's should arrive tomorrow. Ill have them mounted this winter.

Lew L

Update::::::

They have arrived
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

I agree with JKMSPYDER. I installed the Hankood Ventus V4 on my 2013 RT S and am really pleased with the ride as compared to the Kendas. Gone is the "twitchy" feeling.