Spyder Garage

Default is Xceen screen on route 129 will help on windgust?

good morning, I'm currently own route 129 windshield, but experience a lot of wind coming right into my face. so If I add xceen. Would it help me on the wind problem,?

Spyder Garage

It will help with wind coming over the windshield. But not windgust coming from the side like on a windy day if that is what you mean. Nothing will help that.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Default Depends...

I have a MRA windshield with the flip up that works great. How well a flip added to a 129 I don't know but imagine it will make a difference espe ially at higher speeds.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I have the MRA xcreen Touring with the Blue Ridge and its Great but yours is much shorter unless you are on the short side.

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

I ride with an MRA X-creen ('clamp-on' version) attached to the short stock 'sport' shield on our 2017 F3L. It pushes the wind higher and over our heads (rider and pillion passenger), but does allow a fair bit to come around the sides. This side air goes well past the outsides of our helmets, so we really don't have any head buffeting. I feel nothing in my face, but do get some slight wind on my chest and it is fairly breezy on my arms and sides. Great if I am riding in hot weather; helps with cooling. I have not ridden with a 129 shield, so cannot comment there.

Shown below are some pics of my set-up. The top of the X-creen, as I have it, is level with 17" above my gas cap - it could be set a bit higher or lower, and can also be tilted to adjust or re-direct airflow. This allows me to look clearly over the top at anything more than 28' down the road. I am 5' 10" tall and sit on an Ultimate seat which is about 3/4" higher than stock. I have found this arrangement to be superior, for my purposes, to a BRP 'Tall Boy', or to the short 'sport' shield by itself. However, if you wish to block more wind coming around the sides, you really need to go to a larger/wider shield, of which there are several choices. In our experience, the F4 shield has been the quietest and most comfortable; we may return to that shield again. Still experimenting.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIGPIC]
    2017 F3 Ltd. Intense Red Pearl/Metallic Black topside
    2017 F3Limited , lowered brake pedal Intense Red Pearl w. Metallic Black topside

Spyder Garage

thanks guys.