Thread: spyder events

Spyder Garage

Default spyder events

hi how many of you folks ride your spyder to spyder events cross country. and if so, how comfortable has your spyder been for you. and as far as rain storms, how has it been? my experience in distance riding has been a victory cross country. that bike has taken me through tsunami type storms.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rugercharger View Post
    hi how many of you folks ride your spyder to spyder events cross country. and if so, how comfortable has your spyder been for you. and as far as rain storms, how has it been? my experience in distance riding has been a victory cross country. that bike has taken me through tsunami type storms.
    My 2012 RT handles better than some cars I've driven in the rain. We rode through some of the wicked weather that hit Springfield, MO just before Spyderfest 10 kicked off. We've ridden though 4 hours of varying intensity rain between St. Louis and the Chicago area and we've also been caught in a blinding downpour going through Milwaukee during rush hour. The thing just sticks to the road. The inside joke of the family is that a road trip on the Spyder isn't complete unless we've been caught in a tornado warning. Overall comfort has been good but after about 4 hours I need more frequent stops. Doesn't bother the wife, just me. I'll probably do the gel inserts over the winter and see what next year brings.

Spyder Garage

Can’t say have been cross country yet, but few states anyway no problems & great times made it to Spyderfest ‘15-‘17 spyder on Bayou ‘18, Spyders in the hills ‘17 & other events Bikes Blues BBQ ‘14&’18. Longest trip so far was to Southernmost point Key west FL Feb ‘15 , yes horrible edge of hurricane & COLD rain on way back. Spyder handled fine, nanny did her thing when crap Kenda tire hydroplaned in the ruts. Got me home safe riding is great always giving myself proper brakes along way with stretching & or walks with hydration/snacks along the way. No Iron butt rides, might have accidentally meet some qualifications, never really checked.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

our European Event is on the top of a Mountain .. no Problem for the Ryders !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa52jYfIZiU&t=30s
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Very Active Member tofriendscreek's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Since I got my first Spyder in 2010, (I’m now in my third), I’ve been blessed to have attended more events than I can recall at the moment. I’ve ridden to and from everyone of them. I have travelled tens of thousands of mile on trips that involved no Spyder or other events at all. My travels have taken me into torrential rains, fierce lightening, snow, hail, wind, dust storms, chocking smoke from forest fires and have come upon washouts, landslides and huge fallen rocks on the pavement along the way. Each of my Spyders have handled wonderfully. But, there are those times when getting off the road is the safest thing to do, I you do so and just wait until the threat has passed. Enjoy the ryde, be attentive to your surroundings, watch the weather and look out for other obstacles, especially “crazy drivers.”
    2022 Plasma Red, F3 Limited, Special Series

Spyder Garage

If I couldn't ride my Spyder to events I wouldn't go; isn't that what it's for? With Comfort Seat and Tri-Axis handlebars I couldn't be more comfortable. Rain? It does, so what, you adjust your speed and road strategy as necessary and life goes on. I've ridden through some real frog stranglers on both interstates and back roads and the Spyder handles very well. Yes, you can hydroplane if the rain is heavy enough, even with a brand new rear tire -- speed and road strategy again. My experience with other drivers has been very good; the worst ones are the distracted morons in the greater Charlotte area close to home.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S