Spyder Garage

Default Baldwin Iron Works cat delete experience

Just thought I'd share my experience with Baldwin (Paul) Iron Works and his cat delete pipe. I've been looking at cat delete pipes for a bit, and the BIW pipe was one of the options. I had a trip planned down to the Ozarks (SW Mo/NW AR) this past week, and saw that the shop was located in Sparta, MO. A quick look on the map showed that Sparta was about 7 miles off the road we were on heading to Branson. With no known address, we stopped in to the Sparta post office. They were hesitant to provide an address as the shop/business is based out of a residence. My phone call went to voice message, but as luck would have it, he was available when the P.O. called. We were, literally, .6 miles from his house. Off we went. Upon arrival, Paul was in his driveway waiting for us. He stated he was just in the process of fabbing some up, and if we went to lunch, he'd have one ready in an hour. 40 minutes into a chocolate shake at a local mom/pop eatery, he called and said it was ready. It was a nice looking piece of stainless steel with awesome welds. He said if I wanted one, he'd remove my cat, install the cat delete pipe, adjust for leaks and ship my OEM cat home for $200. WTH, go for it. About 25 minutes later I was set to ride. he suggested baffle in/end plug removed. Not knowing how loud it may be, I opted for baffle in/plug in. The volume was just slightly louder than stock, but the tone was nicely deeper. Decel sounds really nice, with zero pop on decel. As far as fuel smell, I don't notice any. I'll keep it this way until I install a PV3, and at that time, I'll just remove the baffle plug. My OEM cat is at the local P.O. now and scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. Just wanted to give props to Paul and his excellent product/service.
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Default Wow...!!

Great review and what a find along your way. Still some great folks out there willing to go the extra mile for thier customers and you found one.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Looks like a GREAT product...Also looks they they make several ATV products???

How did you ever find out about this supplier???

Thanks, larryd

Spyder Garage
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue