Spyder Garage

Default Brake failure light

I was leaving town today coming up to the last red light in town and went to down shift when the dash lit up with the "brake failure" orange light. I gently eased the brakes to test to make sure they were still there and stopped, eased through the intersection to the shoulder and checked her out. Everything seemed fine despite the light. I hit a parking lot, did some circles and starts and stops...everything fine despite the light.

Ran 65mph all the way home because...well I had to and she performed like normal with that light screaming the whole way. She hit her numbers on her parking spot in the garage without fail. I topped the brake cylinders up (they didn't look low but the Spyder Riders FB page guys told me to add just a little bit just in case) and check again. No dice. Still on. Then it hit me. She has a nanny. Pulled the code and it says C1282. Tried clearing it by turning the key on, waiting until the screen boots and then depressing the brake until I hear the second click from the brake, shutting the ignition off and then waiting 30 seconds. Still on.

Ideas?
    2011 RT , Silver

Spyder Garage

Low pressure fault. Basicaly the brake pedal traveled too far before building enough pressure.

If there is nothing wrong like a leak. Then old fluid is the usual cause.

To reset. Turn the key on. Press down on the brake pedal real hard. Turn off the ignition switch. Wait 30 seconds. Release the brake pedal. The fault should be cleared. Note this does not fix anything. Just clears the code.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

No dice, not clearing the message.
    2011 RT , Silver

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Why not go for a short ride? sometimes sensors need time to reset.

Spyder Garage

I think I'm going to do exactly that tomorrow. A 40 mile round trip just to see if I can get them to reset. She's acting fine but just to be on the safe side, I put in a request with the dealership for November
    2011 RT , Silver

Spyder Garage

I think I figured out what was wrong. The back wheel is now screaming at me. I think it's something serious so she's parked for the time being.
    2011 RT , Silver

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Brake Light

Any update on the brake issues?....
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

How many miles on your Spyder? I had this problem and found out I needed new brake pads. I Had over 23,200 miles when changed pads and it works fine now. The bike was pulling to the left when braking hard. New pads fixed that also.
    Happy owner of 2014 White RTS - SE6

Spyder Garage

I had the same problem, replace front brake pads, low pressure switch, brake light switch (wire was beginning to fray) and bled brake. The bike was pulling to the left when braking hard. New pads fixed that also.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderjuice View Post
    How many miles on your Spyder? I had this problem and found out I needed new brake pads. I Had over 23,200 miles when changed pads and it works fine now. The bike was pulling to the left when braking hard. New pads fixed that also.
    My bike has just under 14k.
    2011 RT , Silver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Little Blue View Post
    Any update on the brake issues?....
    Nothing yet. She goes in on Friday. I took her in last week but the dealer couldn't get to her. She's stopping just fine, it's that metal on metal sound in the rear end that's bothering me.
    2011 RT , Silver

Spyder Garage

Okay, update. Air bubbles in the brake fluid set the sensor off and the metal sound was the back tire misaligned by the dealer when they replaced it. Total cost was $250. I also need new rear brakes by the next tire change.
    2011 RT , Silver