Spyder Garage

Default Moving on..... Next Phase

Sold my Spyder yesterday. I think it went to a good home. I advertised it locally and it was gone for my asking price in less than 24 hours. I still have my Goldwing so still have the opportunity to get a little wind between my ears. I will miss the Spyder but there were a couple of compelling reasons why it had to go.

I want to say that this forum and the people on it are the best. I have been on other forums and have never experienced any where near the friendlyness, helpfulness, and courtesy of all of you here. I feel like I have made a lot of friends here even though I have never met most of you. This is a great family. I will lurk in here from time to time but will probably participate less. I still have my RT622 trailer and may post it up for sale in the future. As for now, I'm not certain if I will keep it or not. Thank you all for helping to make Spyder ownership enjoyable. Ride Safe..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by canamjhb View Post
    Sold my Spyder yesterday. I think it went to a good home. I advertised it locally and it was gone for my asking price in less than 24 hours. I still have my Goldwing so still have the opportunity to get a little wind between my ears. I will miss the Spyder but there were a couple of compelling reasons why it had to go.

I want to say that this forum and the people on it are the best. I have been on other forums and have never experienced any where near the friendlyness, helpfulness, and courtesy of all of you here. I feel like I have made a lot of friends here even though I have never met most of you. This is a great family. I will lurk in here from time to time but will probably participate less. I still have my RT622 trailer and may post it up for sale in the future. As for now, I'm not certain if I will keep it or not. Thank you all for helping to make Spyder ownership enjoyable. Ride Safe..... Jim
    Congratulations Jim. You have added quite a bit to the discussions here and your perspective will be missed. I'm glad I had the chance to meet you at a couple of our Ryde-Ins.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Sorry to hear you are moving on. Stop back anytime you wish.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    Sorry to hear you are moving on. Stop back anytime you wish.
    ….you will be missed …. although we didn't agree on everything you were always a gentleman ...…..Mike

Spyder Garage

Yeah please don’t be a stranger!
    2015 Pearl White RTL
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Russell Day Long Seat
    Strobe Brake Light
    Mirror Mount Turn Signal Indicator

2015 RTL , Yes Pearl White

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Best of luck to you, Jim!

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Be well--- ride safe.

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Default Tis a shame...

Sorry to hear you are now spyderless...Glad she went to a good home. Chime in anytime your lurking about and hope all goes well in your future endeavours..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I will miss you Jim. I have enjoyed your comments and you have added much to this site. Please chime in from time to time and let us know how the Goldwing riding is going.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Hi Jim,

Was looking forward to meeting and riding with you when we get down there in December. If you are still interested maybe you can guide us on your wing?

Les
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Care to share the compelling reasons? I'm thinking going from my GW to the RT.....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    Care to share the compelling reasons? I'm thinking going from my GW to the RT.....
    Mr. bikerbillone,

I know I'm going to get some comments from the die hard Spyder riders, but this is my experience. Reliability. Can Am Spyder is poor on that scale compared to Honda, or pretty much any major manufacturer for that matter. The 2018-2019 year RT's seem to have more problems with the parking brake failures than most, and a few water pump failures. Mine had both, and is now on the second round of parking brake failure. Poor dealer representation doesn't help my "customer experience" any. If Honda made a touring grade reverse trike (not the leaning Neowing) on par with the 'Wing, I'd be on one in a heartbeat.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sure appreciate your being candid.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by h0gr1der View Post
    Mr. bikerbillone,

I know I'm going to get some comments from the die hard Spyder riders, but this is my experience. Reliability. Can Am Spyder is poor on that scale compared to Honda, or pretty much any major manufacturer for that matter. The 2018-2019 year RT's seem to have more problems with the parking brake failures than most, and a few water pump failures. Mine had both, and is now on the second round of parking brake failure. Poor dealer representation doesn't help my "customer experience" any. If Honda made a touring grade reverse trike (not the leaning Neowing) on par with the 'Wing, I'd be on one in a heartbeat.

Mr. h0gr1der, it's a pity you've had hassle with your Spyder. Between me and my partner we've had 4 RT's. There has been a few issues but only one which stopped us, a dess failure on a 2014. But I've had 2 Goldwings and still ride one of them but they too have had a few wee problems so I'd put reliability on a par for both of them.

Currently we're 3 weeks into an open ended European trip and with the types of roads we're riding the Spyder wins without a doubt for ease and convenience.

I hope you get yours properly sorted and can then go off in confidence and ride relaxed as we are doing.
    Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
    Rule#1: Refer to rule #2.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    I don't want to close this chapter of my riding career with anything negative. The lack of good dealer service support had a part in leaving the Spyder world. But I also had a domestic happening that caused me to downsize my riding inventory. Take that for what you'd like. I only need one ride now. The goldwing won, the Spyder lost..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi