Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Get Maintenance Service Now Or Wait Until Next Year?

I had the most recent routine service done on my 2016 F3T on 10/31/18 (Odometer was 11115 at that time) and put it away for the winter soon after.

Now it's almost a year later and my odometer is 17220. I know that it's not "due" for the next service until about 20415 (which is the recommended 9300 mile interval). But I'm wondering whether to get it done now anyway just to have her all checked out before winter storage. I guess I'm not sure whether it's OK to exceed 12 months between services. (Note: I don't do any service on the Spyder myself.)

So, my question is: Do it now or wait until the middle of next year's riding season? FWIW - everything seems to be fine on her <knock wood>

Appreciate any thoughts on this.

Thanks!
    Bert

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

do it before you store it

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

some time before you store it. The dealers have more time at this time of year then if you wait until the start or middle of the next riding season. If you do it now it will be at this years price, unless you think it will be cheaper next year. If you were a DIY person I would say wait you can do it anytime.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

If you're going to have it done before you lay it up for the winter and you don't do it yourself, check your maintenance schedule, p. 110 of your operator's guide, and you'll see that the air filter is to be changed every 19K miles. If you have it done with the service you'll be all set for plenty of riding in the spring.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S