Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KC61 View Post
    That is a little concerning isn't it? Seems BRP needs to get these parts back and melted back down ASAP.
    These are spare parts. Most people ordering a wheel nut presumably know about the failures.

Of greater concern is the number of Rykers being ridden every day with the potential to crash, many of whose riders know nothing about the issue. The exception being those who have experienced the failure or who regularly participate in on line forums. I know I have not yet received notice from Can Am about the issue.

Spyder Garage

If you read the NHTSA report, the new nuts have a new part number. The old part number is being superseded by BRP Parts so even if you order the old number it will be replaced by the new. The only exception would be any old stock in dealer inventory at a dealer unaware of the recall. Just order the new part number if you want to be sure when ordering spare nuts.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

The new wheel nut has the part number 705 402 730.
    The new nut has a pronounced groove on one of its edge:
    Ryker-nut.jpg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Batmobil-F3 View Post
    The new nut has a pronounced groove on one of its edge:
    Ryker-nut.jpg
    That looks as tho it's just a groove or 'flat spot' cut into the edge of one of the nuts 'points', so it's easily visible as a 'new nut' to anyone in the know, but also so that it shouldn't require any change to the socket that is needed to fit/torque the wheel nuts up!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

So, I guess they will continue to make them out of aluminum.

Spyder Garage

Hi the recall isn't all 2019 Ryker's only a batch which dealers have details off I rang my dealer and mine is not listed best regards Nico 75

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Nico75 View Post
    Hi the recall isn't all 2019 Ryker's only a batch which dealers have details off I rang my dealer and mine is not listed best regards Nico 75
    Its not a 'batch'. Its ALL Rykers produced after Feb 7 2019. Just check your build date on the VIN tag. No need to check against a list.

Well, I guess that is just a very large batch but its some 4000 plus units.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

A new entry from October 4th concerning cracked wheel nut on the NHTSA page:
    On saturday (9/29/19) i noticed what looked like a tiny scratch on the wheel axle nut of the left, front tire of my 2019 can-am ryker after i was out riding for a few hours. I wasn't really alarmed but parked it in my garage, and wound up not riding it for the next few days. The following wednesday (10/02/19), i loaded up my saddlebag and performed a pre-check just before i was headed out for a ride, and noticed that the scratch had turned into a large crack that went through the whole wheel nut! It was really strange because i hadn't ridden in a few days so i wasn't sure how that could've happened. Needless to say, my riding days have been halted.

Spyder Garage

Called BRP, my trike is on the recall list. They also said it had a second recall, which I couldn't make out with the bad phone connection. I'm assuming its not a safety issue as its not listed on the NTSB website.

Spyder Garage

On the NHTSA side there are two mounting instructions for changing the wheel nut:
    RCRIT-19V683-6109.pdf
    RCRIT-19V683-5281.pdf

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

New wheel nuts are in. They will be installed tomorrow.

Spyder Garage

I called the closest dealer to me. They told me they wouldn’t order the parts until I brought it in. They had one that had been parked in their service center for 10 days and parts still weren’t in. A couple days later the dealer where I bought mine called me up and said they had the new wheel nuts in stock and I could bring it in and they’d change them out while I waited. Just another reminder why I choose a dealer 40 miles further away when I bought it.

Anyway—it was a beautiful day today for a ride through the north Georgia hills. Blue sky, cool temps, leaves changing color. I only waited about 20 or 30 minutes then I was back in the road. The dealer told me he already had two come in with cracks but the wheels were still rolling just fine—not the catastrophic failure I imagined.
    2022 RT , Hyper Silver

Spyder Garage

I contacted the dealer a little over two weeks ago and they said they would be getting the new nuts in the following Monday and they would call me to come in and get mine replaced. I called last week, and they still haven't arrived (supposedly) and they said they would call me. Still no word, but they said that they would not recommend riding it until the nuts were replaced.

Spyder Garage

I had the new nuts installed today.
    2022 RT , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Azbronco View Post
    I called the closest dealer to me. They told me they wouldn’t order the parts until I brought it in. They had one that had been parked in their service center for 10 days and parts still weren’t in. A couple days later the dealer where I bought mine called me up and said they had the new wheel nuts in stock and I could bring it in and they’d change them out while I waited. Just another reminder why I choose a dealer 40 miles further away when I bought it.

Anyway—it was a beautiful day today for a ride through the north Georgia hills. Blue sky, cool temps, leaves changing color. I only waited about 20 or 30 minutes then I was back in the road. The dealer told me he already had two come in with cracks but the wheels were still rolling just fine—not the catastrophic failure I imagined.
    All ways post the Dealers name so we know where to go and not to go. Please

Spyder Garage

Contacted my dealer service Dept again today and they said that the wheel nuts have not yet arrived. I asked them when they expected them and they said within the next week. Same thing they told me for the last three weeks.

Spyder Garage

Mountain Motorsports is the dealer closest to me. I think everyone in the Atlanta area knows who they are because they bought almost every other power sports dealer in Fulton county. They don’t have a great reputation, they don’t like to negotiate price, when I had them give me a quote they made it seem like the maintenance contract was required and their delivery and dealer prep fees were crazy high. I drove out to Cartersville to Extreme Propulsion. Really nice people and they gave me a great deal when I bought. This was my first interaction with Extreme Propulsion post sale and I like them more, now.
    2022 RT , Hyper Silver

Spyder Garage

My Ryker 600 has the K in the VIN, but was built in 11/18 according to the sticker so the K can't represent the year built. Unless the ones being built in 2019 actually aren't.

Francis
    2019 600 , Haze Blue

Spyder Garage

Received a call from my dealer/service that said the wheel nuts are in and they gave me an appointment to have mine replaced this week. Although I would rather that I had a perfect machine, I do not mind getting recalls on it if they are diligent and professional with me. Anyone that expects a perfect design with no flaws in the first year, is really not being realistic. As long as they correct the problems before injury occurs, I'm satisfied. Once the kinks are ironed out, I expect a few years of enjoyment. This thing is a great idea and I would like to shake the designer's hand. This comes at the perfect time in my life when the body is starting to fall apart but the mind is not yet ready to hit the rocking chair on the porch. If you can still drive a car, you can operate a Ryker.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Freezefm View Post
    My Ryker 600 has the K in the VIN, but was built in 11/18 according to the sticker so the K can't represent the year built. Unless the ones being built in 2019 actually aren't.

Francis
    When it was built doesn't matter its the designation of the model year. For example 2020 Rykers will have an L as the 10th digit but are being delivered in 2019

Spyder Garage

I had my mind set on buying a ryker,but with all the recall jazz , I'm gonna get a spyder F3-s

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fullyallamathic View Post
    I had my mind set on buying a ryker,but with all the recall jazz , I'm gonna get a spyder F3-s
    Every new model of every vehicle has some sort of a recall or another. Please name me one vehicle (car, truck, motorcycle) that NEVER had a first year recall.

Lets add to that...Not every Ryker is affected by this recall.

Also...my Ryker was supposedly built during the "recall build period" and I don't have the issue.

Spyder Garage

Man there's no recall here in aus what should i do?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by redback View Post
    Man there's no recall here in aus what should i do?
    Actually, there IS a recall on 219 Aust delivered Can-Am Rykers redback - check this out from the ACCC/Product Safety Australia :-

https://www.productsafety.gov.au/rec...ge-my2019-2020

But if your Ryker's VIN isn't amongst those listed in the VIN list attatched to that recall, you should be fine.... We do tend to get our Can-Am releases a fair bit later than those in North America, so BRP Australia & our Dealers tend to have somewhat more opportunity to detect & correct this sort of thing before the vehicles hit the streets here.... but I reckon I'd still be including an inspection of those nuts before EVERY ryde, at least for a while - just to be sure to be sure!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Exclamation Recall on wheel nuts

Just received a recall notice from BRP/Can Am in reference to the Wheel Nuts on my 2019 Ryker Rally. Says that there is a problem with them cracking, but that it is safe to continue to ride that the safety pin (Red Pin) would prevent the Wheel from coming off. I think I'll park mine till my Dealer replaces the Wheel Nuts. My Service Dept. ordered them today, I'm curious how long it will take before they come in.