GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Spyder_Cowgirl's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Question Relocate USB Connector from Glovebox to Handlebar -- 2018 F3 Ltd

I know that a few have done this relocation on a pre-2018 F3 -- but those models didn't have the digital dash, or BRP connect. I am looking to relocate the "BRP connect enabled" USB port from the glovebox (below the windshield) and to the handlebar (probably right side). It looks like I have two possible paths for doing this:

1. Remove the windshield and glovebox lid to gain access to the rubber "boot" and use a plastic fish tape to route a high quality cable out and under the digital dash.
    2. Remove the digital dash console to gain access and, again, use a plastic fish tape to route a high quality cable out and under the digital dash.

I do have the service manual and removing the digital dash does not look difficult … BUT, making sure it is properly plugged in when reinstalling has me worried. So, I would prefer to use the first option if I can. Has anyone done this reroute on an F3 with the digital dash?

All input appreciated …. Ann
    __________________________________________________ _
    2016 RT Limited -- "Jubilee" (as in Cherries)
    Guardian Bell (gift from spyderowboy)
    ISCI Dual Flag Mount – Tall Poles
    Lamonster Bottle Holder and Spyder Cuff
    Spyderpops Missing Belt Guard
    Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Rear Run / Brake / Turn LEDs
    Spyderpops Mirror LEDs
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake

Spyderpops Keep Out The Trash (KOTT) Grills
    Don't Eat Mud / mudflap
    __________________________________________________ __

Spyder Garage

There should be another connection from the wires on the left side panel coming from under the seat. Those are for GPS connections and have a USB. I ran it from there to my handle bars under my phone cradle but used the wiring harness that came with my Garmin Zumo 590.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    There should be another connection from the wires on the left side panel coming from under the seat. Those are for GPS connections and have a USB. I ran it from there to my handle bars under my phone cradle but used the wiring harness that came with my Garmin Zumo 590.
    According to the wiring diagram for the 2019 F3 Limited that I have, the usb cable in the glove box originates at a plug on the new digital dash. I would assume that it is probably the same for a 2018 with the new display also.
    2019 F3 Limited , Big Bike Parts full size pedal Black Metallic