Spyder Garage

Default Private Message notification

Hi Anthony G,

The Private Message notification box in the upper rt corner keeps blinking well after I've answered the PM. Didn't use to do that. I've gone out of SL and come back in, read the message and it's still blinking. What can I do to fix this???

Thanks, Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

does it on mine too, thought it was because I didn't register in "spyder garage", but checked yours and you did, so it's not because of that.

Spyder Garage

I answered three PM's so far today. The blinking went off when I answered the messages.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Well--- I emptied the in box and the notification flasher went away. Shouldn't it stop when you've read the PM ??????
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lew L View Post
    Well--- I emptied the in box and the notification flasher went away. Shouldn't it stop when you've read the PM ??????
    Could it've been that you had an old 'unread msg' hidden in the depths of your inbox somewhere? I've had a couple of occasions where the 'Notification' flasher hasn't stopped once I've read all the msg's that've recently arrived, only to find one (or possibly two or more?) msg/s from MUCH earlier that hadn't been read....

I'm not sure how or when these msg's actually arrive, but I suspect there may have been some delay in them showing up in the inbox displayed on my device, despite them possibly having been hanging around as received & recorded against my profile/account inbox for a while (in one case, for 3 WEEKS! ) Or maybe I read the top msg/s in a stack of them & then got side-tracked & went on to do other stuff, & just didn't notice that there was an outstanding notification on an unread msg....

I really don't know, but these days if the 'Notification' doesn't turn off as soon as I've read to obviously new msg's, I go looking for something I've missed back a few days... or weeks! Might be worth a shot for you too!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Could it've been that you had an old 'unread msg' hidden in the depths of your inbox somewhere? I've had a couple of occasions where the 'Notification' flasher hasn't stopped once I've read all the msg's that've recently arrived, only to find one (or possibly two or more?) msg/s from MUCH earlier that hadn't been read....

I'm not sure how or when these msg's actually arrive, but I suspect there may have been some delay in them showing up in the inbox displayed on my device, despite them possibly having been hanging around as received & recorded against my profile/account inbox for a while (in one case, for 3 WEEKS! ) Or maybe I read the top msg/s in a stack of them & then got side-tracked & went on to do other stuff, & just didn't notice that there was an outstanding notification on an unread msg....

I really don't know, but these days if the 'Notification' doesn't turn off as soon as I've read to obviously new msg's, I go looking for something I've missed back a few days... or weeks! Might be worth a shot for you too!

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Interesting...🤔

x3 that is the way other sites work...notably FB
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    I answered three PM's so far today. The blinking went off when I answered the messages.
    me too, thanks for the info