Thread: Rattle and Hum

Spyder Garage

Default Rattle and Hum

OK I admit it. Rattles, buzzes, squeaks any other type of miscellaneous sounds really bother me; its my OCD. Anyway I am on a one (retired) man mission to identify and correct all the extraneous non internal-combustion noises in my Rally model. With all the plastic body panels this will be a challenge. However, I got a good start today. Both air filter covers (CVT and Intake) are two part. The parts have enough space to move against one another and create auditory havoc. I took both apart today, identified where the parts were rubbing together (and creating white plastic-powder). I cleaned the spots well with alcohol and put strips of self-adhesive Velcro (the fuzzy side) in those locations and put the filter covers back together. I will ride later to evaluate.

This will not correct all vibration and noise; it will be the process of elimination. However, as stated earlier, I am recently retired, have the time, and am motivated.
    Last edited by Tslepebull; 10-03-2019 at 02:54 PM. Reason: grammer
    2019 Ryler Rally , Shock Yellow

Spyder Garage

Shake and rattles are commonplace on Rykers. They are cheaply built, to keep cost down, so guy's like us could afford one. I ride with my hearing aids removed and all is well. I am now riding well protected, with my new F4 Customs windshield installed. Awesome product! Lot's of wind protection. I have over 6,000 mi.on my scoot and ride in the Winter, weather permitting, so the bigger windshield is a good addition.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Geo333 View Post
    Shake and rattles are commonplace on Rykers. They are cheaply built, to keep cost down, so guy's like us could afford one. I ride with my hearing aids removed and all is well. I am now riding well protected, with my new F4 Customs windshield installed. Awesome product! Lot's of wind protection. I have over 6,000 mi.on my scoot and ride in the Winter, weather permitting, so the bigger windshield is a good addition.
    I'm still waiting to see the F4 windshield for the Ryker. Not sure why they couldn't (or YOU couldn't) release images of it on the Ryker so all of us could get an idea of how it looks.

I understand if it was in its early stages of design not wanting to show it off,but its been in the "testing" phase for months now. Show some pictures of it!