Spyder Garage

Default Side panel removal F3 S

I am preparing to install a belt tension-er and a few electrical items. I am hesitant to remove the side covers without knowing exactly what types of clips are under there, if any, besides the visible screws and pop up snaps. Is there any recommended twisting, pulling or bending involved. I do not want to break anything. Also exactly how much of the side panels do I need to remove? I will be running a wire through the opening of the handle bar down to the front and into the battery area for my phone charger and another for my aux. lighting switch. I have done a lot of work on several bikes but the Spyder is relatively new to me. I have not been able to find any clear U Tubes on the details.

Thanks for any assistance

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Onei View Post
    I am preparing to install a belt tension-er and a few electrical items. I am hesitant to remove the side covers without knowing exactly what types of clips are under there, if any, besides the visible screws and pop up snaps. Is there any recommended twisting, pulling or bending involved. I do not want to break anything. Also exactly how much of the side panels do I need to remove? I will be running a wire through the opening of the handle bar down to the front and into the battery area for my phone charger and another for my aux. lighting switch. I have done a lot of work on several bikes but the Spyder is relatively new to me. I have not been able to find any clear U Tubes on the details
    Thanks for any assistance
    3 push pins and 4 torx screws and that's it. Wiggle the front a bit.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for a prompt reply. Sounds easy enough, thanks. As I said, just did not want to snap anything off.