Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Russel Day Long Seat on Ryker

Has anyone got Russel Day Long Seat on their Ryker. I have comfort seat but my rear end screams after 40 minutes. I know there aren't whole lot of options as far as seat goes for the Ryker. Just wondering if anyone got RDL Seat.

Spyder Garage

I was just on the site yesterday, not for me, but for a Ryker buddy. I didn't see any Ryker shown. I have a RDL seat for my spyder. you might call or email them to see if will build a Ryker seat. you would have to send the seat in for them to change
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Spyder Garage

While I have a RDL, I think the Ryker would benefit from a regular motorcycle solo saddle. HD police saddles are cheap on eBay. Comfortable and waterproof. Just an idea!
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cptjam View Post
    While I have a RDL, I think the Ryker would benefit from a regular motorcycle solo saddle. HD police saddles are cheap on eBay. Comfortable and waterproof. Just an idea!
    I have the HD police seat from my 2013 police electra glide. I wonder if I can fit that??? If that works it will solve my problem for sure.

Spyder Garage

A couple of bolts, some flat stock, a drill, and boom! Done!! Post up when done; or, call me if you get stuck. I love fabricating solutions!! Joe
    Joe Meyer

Spyder Garage

A couple of bolts, some flat stock, a drill, and boom! Done!! Post up when done; or, call me if you get stuck. I love fabricating solutions!! Joe
    HD Police seat did not work on the Ryker. If you remove the seat pan bike looks like ****. Maybe you have better luck then I do. If you can fabricate something I be happy to buy it from you.

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Just a thought but you might experiment with moving the pegs front or back to change the pressure point. Even though I have long legs I fount that my hinny was happier with the pegs in a mid-range selection. just experiment; It is the cheapest option.
    2019 Ryler Rally , Shock Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Switchback12 View Post
    HD Police seat did not work on the Ryker. If you remove the seat pan bike looks like ****. Maybe you have better luck then I do. If you can fabricate something I be happy to buy it from you.
    If you can bolt it up, at the angle that is most comfortable to you, covering the ugly is easy! Leather, vinyl or kydex. Make it work, then make it pretty!
    Last edited by cptjam; 10-07-2019 at 11:43 PM.
    Joe Meyer

Spyder Garage

Eventually someone will produce one more like the stock F3 which I barely know I'm sitting on. My Alaska sheepskin works to help in All seasons. I hope ultimate makes one by Spring?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

I’ll see what I can come up with.
    Joe Meyer

Spyder Garage

my rear end screams after 40 minutes.
    A Kodak moment
    2019 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

I’ll see what I can come up with.
    Can't wait to see it. Dusted off the cobwebs from my police seat other day, it is ready to go.

Spyder Garage

My Russel Day Long is on order just waiting for production date. Can't wait

Spyder Garage

you might be the first one with RDL for Ryker
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Spyder Garage

Can't wait to see it. Dusted off the cobwebs from my police seat other day, it is ready to go.
    On tour until 15 November. I’ll play around with it after that.
    Joe Meyer

Spyder Garage

~~~how did your Ru$$ell-DayLong seat (for your Ryker) turn out? Apologies in advance if you have already posted. As an aside, I've ridden on several Russel saddles. First was one custom made for my 93' Honda ST1100 (in 2001). 2nd was a used custom dual for the same bike a few years later. 3rd was a new one made for a 2002 Honda Silverwing I bought used. All 3 were covered in leather, 2 of the 3 had back rests. I've thought about having one built for my 92' BMW R100GSPD. I've also been kicking around selling this GS and purchasing a Ryker
    2020 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

I use the Airhawk Cruiser R small and love it. Easily doubles your ride time.
    2019 F3S , Blue

Spyder Garage

I didn`t like the lip on the back and its 2 inch higher now .. and waterproof (built over the comfort seat)
    We ryde a lot ..(10.000 miles on mine)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by shakin_jake View Post
    ~~~how did your Ru$$ell-DayLong seat (for your Ryker) turn out? Apologies in advance if you have already posted. As an aside, I've ridden on several Russel saddles. First was one custom made for my 93' Honda ST1100 (in 2001). 2nd was a used custom dual for the same bike a few years later. 3rd was a new one made for a 2002 Honda Silverwing I bought used. All 3 were covered in leather, 2 of the 3 had back rests. I've thought about having one built for my 92' BMW R100GSPD. I've also been kicking around selling this GS and purchasing a Ryker
    I love my Russell seat. It's like having my living room sofa on the bike. I put about 800 miles on it and my ass doesn't complain anymore. This time I went with Vinyl instead of leather.

Spyder Garage

I love my Russell seat. It's like having my living room sofa on the bike. I put about 800 miles on it and my ass doesn't complain anymore. This time I went with Vinyl instead of leather.
    ~~~speaking strictly for myself, I’d love to see a pic of your Ryker with your Russell saddle. At the risk of switching gears (pun intended=:-), I’m inching closer to purchasing a Ryker for myself

Best,

Jake
    Reddick Fla.
    BRILLIANT’s LAW OF LIMITED AMBITION: If you can’t learn how to do it well, learn how to enjoy doing it poorly
    2020 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

Would you mind sharing how you went about ordering? I still only have the stock seat which becomes a bit uncomfortable after 30 miles or so and I'd like a much better alternative.

Thanks in advance!
    OJ

Spyder Garage

My understanding is the RDL requires a seat pan. If you just have the oem foam seat they can't use it to work on. If you give them your $300 comfort seat they may be able to work with that.( I believe that has a base plate but not sure.)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mahodges View Post
    My understanding is the RDL requires a seat pan. If you just have the oem foam seat they can't use it to work on. If you give them your $300 comfort seat they may be able to work with that.( I believe that has a base plate but not sure.)

~~~several members have Ru$$ell seats. All that needs to be done is to contact them and they’ll tell you what to send them. What amazes me is how comfortable the OEM Ryker seat is. For those that dont know, I ended up buying one March 2020, a new Rally. Longest trip for me has been from my homestead in north central Florida to Key Largo and back. I did the trip in three days so other than spending a few nights in a motel, I spent most of each day in the saddle, at least for me, the OEM Ryker seat is probably the most comfortable OEM motorcycle seat I’ve ever had the pleasure to sit on. In the aforementioned trip I rode nearly 1000 miles in those 3 days and never experienced monkey butt. What was unpleasant was the lack of a windscreen and cruise control, both easily dealt with via aftermarket suppliers

Everyone has a different experience but mine regarding the OEM seat has been bliss, and I’m glad I didn't need to buy a Ru$$ell seat since they are expensive, but if you need a good saddle, it’s money well spent

Best,

Jake
    Reddick Fla.
    2020 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mahodges View Post
    I may go for the comfort seat and try that out for a while. If I don't like it, I could always send that to Russell to have it upgraded of they are able to do that. I'll give them a call and find out what my options are. I love the Ryker and want to be able to ride it longer dang it!