Spyder Garage

Default 2009 GS SE5 regular maintenance?

Hi I've had my 2009 GS since the end of june. Since then I had oil changed. Replaced brake fluid caps. I brought it to dealer fora full check and they suggested brakes in about 4000 miles.

Other than checking oil what else should I be mindful of ? Filters? etc..

Thank you.

Ps. This weekend the coolant reservoir is getting replaced so that will or should result in a radiator flush.

Spyder Garage

I haven't flushed mine yet... I have a 2010 rs. People say to not drain the radiator by the plug... as they are prone to strip/break and make a new radiator necessary. Either drain via the hose connection or what was suggested to me ... take some little by little from the reservoir after rides, replace what you take out and over the course of a bit of time the fluid will be replaced without chancing breaking the radiator drain plug. There are lots of good videos available for maintenance on the GS/RS... and of course, really good experts on this board.

Spyder Garage

Pages 85-88 of your operator's guide list the items in the maintenance schedule. If you didn't get one with your Spyder go to this link and drill down, it's right there, and save it to your computer, http://www.operatorsguides.brp.com/I...adster&type=og.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S