Spyder Garage

Default (another) Tire question

When getting replacements tires that are not the stock BRP Kenda, do you have the CanAm dealer install them or take them some where else to install? It seems easier for the front since they appear to come off easier, the rear would be another animal entirely. It would seem more cost-effective to buy the tires and find someone who can mount and balance them for you. Just not sure if you would need a laser alignment afterwards.
    Thanks in advance.
    Jim

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JimH View Post
    When getting replacements tires that are not the stock BRP Kenda, do you have the CanAm dealer install them or take them some where else to install? It seems easier for the front since they appear to come off easier, the rear would be another animal entirely. It would seem more cost-effective to buy the tires and find someone who can mount and balance them for you. Just not sure if you would need a laser alignment afterwards.
    Thanks in advance.
    Jim
    Any tire shop can install the front tires on your wheels, and they are easy to mount / dismount yourself. Can-Am dealers want too much, take too long and may restrict your choice of tires to OEM.

The rear wheel requires more effort to mount / dismount from the bike. Some do this themselves so they can have a tire shop do the tire install (see above re: Can-Am dealers).
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

check powersports dealers, some of them will do it.
    2015 rs

Spyder Garage

Depends on the dealer. I have to agree though, some charge way too much, and some won't install any tire tht they didn't sell you. I take mine to a "regular" tire shop. I've gotten them to put darkside tires on my two-wheelers, so they have no issues with what you want to put on your vehicle.
    2014 RT-S Orange - LED headlights/driving lights, LED under mirror turns, LED brake/run lights along trunk and saddlebags, LED third brake light, LED turn bulb replacements, Magic Mirrors, Voltmeter, Oil PSI gauge, heated gear connection, BRP backrest, dash Mount USB plug, Lamonster belt tensioner, Baja Ron sway bar, NBV highway pegs, BRP arm rests M2 suspension.
    2014 RT-S , Orange

Spyder Garage

Thanks everyone!

Spyder Garage

Just to finish off, you don't need a laser alignment after removal and refitting any of the wheels and/or tyres. If the rear belt adjusters are not moved (there is no requirement for them to be moved) it's very probable you won't even need to adjust the belt for alignment either.
    Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
    Rule#1: Refer to rule #2.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PinkRosePetal View Post
    Just to finish off, you don't need a laser alignment after removal and refitting any of the wheels and/or tyres. If the rear belt adjusters are not moved (there is no requirement for them to be moved) it's very probable you won't even need to adjust the belt for alignment either.
    Thanks, I forgot to mention that.
    2014 RTL Platinum