Spyder Garage

Default Did dealer give me the wrong GPS?

So a few months after purchasing my 2015 RT-S I finally decided to play with the GPS. It doesn't fit the mount! I called the salesman, he looked in his locked cabinet, and said that's the only one he had. They also had a 2013 on the floor so I'm asking the sales manager to try and contact that customer to see what he got.

The mount is too big at the top. I'm not even sure which model I'm suppose to have, a 590 maybe? Did they give me a 660 my mistake?

GPS2.jpgGPS4.jpg

2015 Can Am Spyder RT-S
    Burgundy Seat
    RT-622 Trailer
    2006 Harley Ultra Classic - sold
    1985 Honda Magna - sold
    2015 RT-S , large brake pedal Silver Platinum Satin / Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

I have 2015 RTL, that's a 590 cradle. the gps snaps in with release button on top. you didn't say what is your model gps? either sticker on back to see or turn it on a goto a page that tells you what model it is
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Spyder Garage

Is that Garmin a 660? Certainly LOOKS like it from the squared off edges.... If you can't find its ID elsewhere, I think it'll be on the label inside under the battery?

And from what I can see of the bracket, it does appear to be the bracket for the 590 or whichever other Garmin it was that BRP supplied for a while around then - IIRC they were a bit thicker & sorta 'less square' than the 660/665 series.

So for what it's worth, I think you just might be correct and they've given you the wrong GPS!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

I know BRP changed GPS models. Can't remember the model numbers but tried to fit my friends GPS from his 2015 RTL and it was too big for my 2014 RTL mount. Your dealer gave you a GPS head unit for a 2014 and previous model. He owes you an upgrade. Good luck..... Jim

EDIT. Just checked and my 2014 RTL GPS is the Zumo 660. That is what the dealer gave you. Not the correct one for your bike.
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The key word here, is “give”. If the dealer gave you the GPS, that was truly generous. You have a 660 GPS, and a 590 Bracket. Even if you have to buy another bracket, you are way ahead of the game with a free GPS! Now if you paid for it, they need to swap out one or the ot(er for you!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

2015 has the 590 and the power button is on the back not top.
    2015 Pearl White RTL
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Russell Day Long Seat
    Strobe Brake Light
    Mirror Mount Turn Signal Indicator

2015 RTL , Yes Pearl White

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

O
    Quote Originally Posted by LeftCoast View Post
    2015 has the 590 and the power button is on the back not top.
    Yep he has a 590 bracket, and. 660 GPS.
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Very Active Member ottawa-rider's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

You say it's a 2015 RT-S, the RT-S did not come with a GPS, so, it must be an addon.

Is it a new or used Spyder, I'm guessing used.

Therefore, you probably got whatever the previous owner left with the machine.
    2018 RT LTD , Black

Spyder Garage

I agree with the others, the mount is to suit a 590LM or 595LM gps . Same mount for both.

The GPS you show was fitted as an accessory to some of the earlier Spyders.
    Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
    Rule#1: Refer to rule #2.