Spyder Garage

Default What Do You Look For in a Rally / Event??

Hi All,

After just attending my first official rally last weekend, I wanted to come on here and post a few questions. I had a lot of fun meeting riders from all over my region. What I was most concerned with is, I don’t feel I managed my time properly though.
    There was a rally ride that took most of the day, and leading up to it there were other activities I think I missed out on. For example, there was a lot of vendors setup in more like a flea market setting that I didn’t know about. I did attend the live music on the back end of the ride. However, I did learn that the music was throughout the day as well. If I knew that I might not have gone on the longer ride vs the shorter one they offered.

So I ask you...what elements of a bike rally do you find yourself drawn too?? Is it vendors, food, area of the event is in, music etc ?? In other words, what makes you say, “I have to go to that this year!!”

Thanks

Spyder Garage

Spyderflyer I think you will find all of us are in that same boat. There is usually far more to do then you can possibly accomplish. The people, the area, and the rides are what drive me the most but I like having choices and I like to have something to do in case of bad weather or a breakdown or I just need a day off. If you are riding with an SO what they like also comes into consideration. Attend more rallies as you can. Sometime pick one that is farther away so you can get a flavor of what the riders in other parts of the country are like. I personally like the Deadwood 3wheeler rally.I like and have had contact with the organizer. I like the area and the rides. I really enjoy the cross section of different riders and trikes that are seen and there are more things to do then you can possibly get done. So ride and enjoy, rest, eat sleep and start over again.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There was a discussion on this 2 years ago https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...-Spyder-Events
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

We really enjoyed the first Spyderfest that we attended (no longer exists). What was nice was the way things were scheduled, organized, arranged and communicated. All the vendors were in the same place, indoors, there were text alerts for the events and any changes, there was a schedule posted, there were multiple rides that varied in length and time of day, and there were organized meals at night. A lot of Rallies picked up on a few of those things, but a lot also choose to do their own thing. I like to see what's available throughout the weekend in advance, then plan my days accordingly and pick and choose. Options for rides is a key point for me personally. I like to be able to choose if I ride with a group all day, or maybe go with a couple different groups in the same day. Everyone has opinions and dislikes....that's what makes the world go 'round. No matter what rally(s) you choose to attend, they re what YOU make of them. I'm not one to strike up conversations and meet new people, so it's hard for me to just wander aimlessly into a crowd of strangers, so I tend to stick with a small group of folks that I've met before. Too damn shy I guess...LOL....but again, it is what you make of it. Don't EXPECT the hosts of a rally to cater to you and please you the entire time. YOU have to make it a good time based on what's there. There are dozens of rallies throughout the year....it's up to YOU to decide what trips your trigger.
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mazo EMS2 View Post
    We really enjoyed the first Spyderfest that we attended (no longer exists). What was nice was the way things were scheduled, organized, arranged and communicated. All the vendors were in the same place, indoors, there were text alerts for the events and any changes, there was a schedule posted, there were multiple rides that varied in length and time of day, and there were organized meals at night. A lot of Rallies picked up on a few of those things, but a lot also choose to do their own thing. I like to see what's available throughout the weekend in advance, then plan my days accordingly and pick and choose. Options for rides is a key point for me personally. I like to be able to choose if I ride with a group all day, or maybe go with a couple different groups in the same day. Everyone has opinions and dislikes....that's what makes the world go 'round. No matter what rally(s) you choose to attend, they re what YOU make of them. I'm not one to strike up conversations and meet new people, so it's hard for me to just wander aimlessly into a crowd of strangers, so I tend to stick with a small group of folks that I've met before. Too damn shy I guess...LOL....but again, it is what you make of it. Don't EXPECT the hosts of a rally to cater to you and please you the entire time. YOU have to make it a good time based on what's there. There are dozens of rallies throughout the year....it's up to YOU to decide what trips your trigger.
    Appreciate your point of view on that. I for sure need to plan ahead more for my next rally I attend.

Spyder Garage

I have attended 2 events - and when I went to Springfield it was primarily to get farkles - which I did on my first day which was a Thursday. On Friday I went on a long ride in the Ozarks with a couple from Michigan. On Saturday I rested up and went on local rides so I could be a tourist.
    There were no organized rides but they apparently have them now - 2 years later.
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

I go to a lot of rally I love them all. The best one is and alway was Spyderquest in New York. They have tons of stuff to do. Lots of rides, party at night, vendors in door water park. The best